Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do people know about Nina Hagen?

tomsches

Featured Posts

tomsches

I think Nina Hagen is one of the most important women of the music industry, especially when it comes to rock and punk music, that's why she's frequently referred to as the Godmother of Punk  She has always been very controversial, experimental and pushing the boundaries of music. She actually reminds me of Gaga in a way. Me being from Austria, of course, I've always known her, since German Media is omnipresent here. Today I read a few articles about her and I was surprised to find out that she was actually a thing in the US as well. So I wonder if people actually know about her. 

From Wikipedia: 

Catharina "Nina" Hagen (born 11 March 1955) is a German singer, songwriter, and actress. She is known for her theatrical vocals and rose to prominence during the punk and new wave movements in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Henri Bardot

I made a thread about her a while ago and no one answered :rip: 

But yeah, I don't think GP know about her in the US.

pooiota

PopReaper

Found out about her music last year and I love her! :giveup: The In Ekstasy album is amazing. She was actually kinda popular in Brazil because she played at the first Rock In Rio back in '85 and a few years later collabed with a well-known brazilian punk singer. Her voice and sense of style are absolutely fascinating also legend.gif

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Magneto

I'm from The Netherlands, but I've never heard of her.

Also, in the right pic in the second thumbnail she kinda looks like Alyssa Edwards :ladyhaha:

Free my mind

tomsches
Just now, Henri Bardot said:

I made a thread about her a while ago and no one answered :rip: 

But yeah, I don't think GP know about her in the US.

what a shame. Her music is so special and unique

Henri Bardot
1 minute ago, tomsches said:

what a shame. Her music is so special and unique

I know! 

My dad told me about her. She was one of the first female artists to be that controversial. 

pooiota

Luxe Ford

I've known about her and her operatic punk since I was a kid. Never listened to her, but she still an icon.

583cae011a00000b03cca219.jpeg?ops=scalef

(Nina with Michael Alig, Ritchie Rich, Sophia Lamar and Jenny Talia in the early 90s).

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

That J

I am a HUGE Nina fan and am thrilled to see her getting some love here.  There's nobody on earth like her and once you get hooked, you are hooked forever. Don't think I won't bump some Personal Jesus in my car. :ladyhaha:.  She's incredible. Her voice is INSANELY GREAT. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• 4 weeks later...
OctobersRust

Yes, absolutely love her. I don’t know a lot of her music but what I have heard is good. Love her sense of style ESPECIALLY and you can totally see that she influenced Gaga. 

Archived