Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

DJ Snake disappointed in working with Gaga

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

elijahfan

From what I gather, he didn't like having his work being tweaked and distorted. But dude, that's what being a collaborator is about - in the end, it wasn't your name on the front of those records. :interestinga:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingRedd
23 minutes ago, Inferno said:

This is also probably true. But I really can't help but think that if she were a man it wouldn't be as much of a problem for them. I feel like males in the industry are accustomed to being the dominant party and having their word be more important than the female artists. And I think by the time ARTPOP rolled around Gaga was intent on not letting that happen. So I think its also timing. She was just kind of in a weird bitter place in making that era. There were a lot of passive aggressive statements on that album i.e. Do What U Want etc. I mean she could also just be a d*ck sometimes im sure, but im just saying. Im sure Kanye isn't exactly the easiest person to work with yet everyone acts like hes gods gift to music and just bows down. He scraps a Sia feature and she just applauds him.

I see that point. I don’t necessarily think gender has too much do with this one though. I genuinely think he may have been a little hurt to have put effort Into something just to have it scrapped or manipulated into sounding like something else. This just shows that he’s just as passionate about his work as Gaga. Gaga won’t do something she doesn’t think fits her and I can see why she’d switch if she’s not feeling it, but DJ Snake has a right to feel hurt or annoyed by it. Just think how RedOne must feel to go and tell everyone “Yay we collaborated on 8 songs” just for only one of them to barley make the cut lol. It’s business but it sucks at the same time. 

May I Read You? 😎

Inferno
1 minute ago, KingRedd said:

I see that point. I don’t necessarily think gender has too much do with this one though. I genuinely think he may have been a little hurt to have put effort Into something just to have it scrapped or manipulated into sounding like something else. This just shows that he’s just as passionate about his work as Gaga. Gaga won’t do something she doesn’t think fits her and I can see why she’d switch if she’s not feeling it, but DJ Snake has a right to feel hurt or annoyed by it. Just think how RedOne must feel to go and tell everyone “Yay we collaborated on 8 songs” just for only one of them to barley make the cut lol. It’s business but it sucks at the same time. 

Was the work that DJ Snake did on Sex Dreams played at the itunes festival? And then she altered the production for the album? Because if so I much prefer his composition. The itunes festival version was just better honestly.

KingRedd
5 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Was the work that DJ Snake did on Sex Dreams played at the itunes festival? And then she altered the production for the album? Because if so I much prefer his composition. The itunes festival version was just better honestly.

I honestly don’t know but most people assume she altered the album version to the ITunes Fest version just a switch it up from the album version. I think the ITunes version is just a stripped back version of what she already had. 

But the sex dreams demo sounds more relaxed like the ITunes version haha so who knows :selena: I love the stripped version too 

May I Read You? 😎

monketsharona
14 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

I agree on this

But I think RedOne will have more chances to get his place on a future record of Lady Gaga than someone who only had a few spots on a couple of songs. Gaga regularly work with DJWS and RedOne, I think it's easier for a producer to get a credit for one song or one album than being called back regularly. And considering this I think both Paul and Nadir can consider themselves as lucky men. I feel like BloodPop could stick too in the future.

Edonis

Idk why anyone is talking about disliking her or anything since the interview never mentioned any of those things :laughga:

Gaga is known to be very involved and controlling in her work, this is not new information and it's not out of the question that some producers may feel annoyed by that. She also has a habit of scrapping things :laughga: However, in the end, most people who work with her have nice things to say about her work ethic, her dedication, and her character as a human being. Nobody is attacking her, so I don't see the reason why so many people are defensive in here. If anything, this is more a jab at her label, some of the other people working with her, and the music industry in general.

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, monketsharona said:

So imagine getting your ass for months in the studio to see everything is cancelled in one minute... She did this with a lot of people (RedOne, Rodgers, Moroder, Diane Warren, Elton John and probably much more).Being disappointed doesn't mean they don't like working with her.

Oooh, I did it know this. Do you have receipts of her canceling her work with Rodgers, Moroder, Diane and Elton? I’m really curious about these collabs and would like to read more about her cancelling them.  

monketsharona
4 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Oooh, I did it know this. Do you have receipts of her canceling her work with Rodgers, Moroder, Diane and Elton? I’m really curious about these collabs and would like to read more about her cancelling them.  

There was a lot of threads about it in 2015 / 2016.

Diane Warren confirmed in an interview she worked with Gaga on writting songs for her upcoming album. Like we know it didn't happen. Giorgio Moroder said Gaga called him to work on LG5, it didn't happen too. Nile Rodgers also talked about him being in the studio and working on songs (and him being able to give her some writings as he wants), it didn't happen. Same goes to Elton John that confirmed writing songs for her album (Room in my Heart is one of them) that didn't happen too...

8 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

for what I know of him he's really humble and wise. I'm not sure he even was in contact with Gaga herself anyway but with her team and the managers etc and that's probably true that the American industry is rough

Agreed! :golfclap:

Abramovic
8 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I mean the common consensus is that if you are working for somebody else, you should really leave your ego at the door. He's not the one singing & touring the world with Bloody Mary and Sexxx Dreams, ultimately his name isn't gonna be attached to the final product (even if he shows up in the credits and gets coins from it). He's helping to make someone else's visions come true, not his own. Essentially he's just an employee. That's totally different from Gaga scrapping collabs that are also gonna fall back on her artistry and brand. (Not to mention that Partynauseous was scrapped by Kendrick and not Gaga)

I mean, do you see headlines of canvas manufacturerers going like "we really don't like how picasso painted on our canvases, it wasn't our intention to have them used like this"?

Please never ever compare a canvas with an instrumental again. The instrumental itself should already be a piece of art. A canvas is just an image carrier and nothing else. The instrumental is definitely not  the same. 

Battle 4 Ur Life
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

From what I gather, he didn't like having his work being tweaked and distorted. But dude, that's what being a collaborator is about - in the end, it wasn't your name on the front of those records. :interestinga:

this this this this.

at first I thought well damn, Gaga you control freak there you go again. but you're absolutely right.

it's most likely a case of male tears.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

CharlieQuinn

Idk him but he can COME to me, in all his glamour and cruelty
Just do that thing that you do
And I'll undress you

Zaddy!

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Abramovic said:

Please never ever compare a canvas with an instrumental again. The instrumental itself should already be a piece of art. A canvas is just an image carrier and nothing else. The instrumental is definitely not  the same. 

I compared the instrumental to a canvas because

1. It's the framework of a pop song
2. you can write billions of top lines & melodies on the same instrumental/chord progression
3. contrary to popular belief the frameworks of pop music are not unique and special, they are pretty mundane and conventional

Music in reality is easy math (evidenced by literally 80% of all pop songs having the same chord progression, just modulated through different keys), and for me (just personally) it makes no sense to look at music as some complex god given high art, because it furthers the idea that in order to be moved by it, I must be some some complicated, special person that is only moved by the finest materials, when the reality is that no one is really that special.  We're simple creatures, being moved by simple things. And just because something is simple or understated, doesn't mean it's bad, it can mean quite the opposite.

I can see why he'd be mad. But, knowing Gaga, she's a control freak.

For the better (she is in control and hopefully can try to control her vision as much as she can) and for the worse (people, including DJ Snake, can get sidelined).

3 points in and ready for more

Archived