Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

ionnalee - Everyone Afraid to be Forgotten

synched

Featured Posts

Hey Everyone!

Ionnalee just released her first solo project after iamamiwhoami

It's called "Everyone Afraid to be Forgotten" and it's accompanied by a 53-minute-long film (like the iamamiwhoami albums)

Listen and watch below and share your thoughts!

My faves are Blazing, Work, Gone, Samaritan, Watches Watches, Joy and Memento (all songs are bops tho! def more experimental than i thought it would be)

Bad Kids

omg yaaaaas, but just curious why does she always change her name :O

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

5 minutes ago, Bad Kids said:

omg yaaaaas, but just curious why does she always change her name :O

Her name is Jonna Lee. Iamamiwhoami was the name of the project she and Claes Bjorklund (Barbelle) created as an experiment and their name stuck as "Iamamiwhoami". After the third and last album of the project, Jonna decided to release solo again and made her name ionnalee because Jonna is actually pronounced as "Yonna" and she wanted people to be able to pronounce it easily while keeping the "i" of iamamiwhoami, thus making it "ionnalee". I know it's a bit complicated but that's the real story behind it as she even drops a hint in her song "Work" (The letter i is me, whatever came next is history)

6 minutes ago, Dainius Rutkowski said:

I tought it’s a joke changing Joanne to Ionnalee. :cryga:my bad. Who is that girl btw

She's a Swedish artist. She's an alternative synth goddess that you should def check out dude. She self produced and wrote all the songs on this album. It's a really cool experimental record.

• Admin changed the title to ionnalee - Everyone Afraid to be Forgotten
14 minutes ago, Jay.P said:

Is it good?

YES

SAMARITAN alone will blow your mind. 

desperately looking for Watches watches instrumental. first track on the album und it already slayed me 

4 hours ago, maxmore said:

YES

SAMARITAN alone will blow your mind. 

desperately looking for Watches watches instrumental. first track on the album und it already slayed me 

Watches watches is so haunting and beautiful. Can't even describe it tbh. The production on this album is EVERYTHING

elijahfan

It's a masterpiece. I truly believe she's one of the most interesting and talented artists of her generation.

55 minutes ago, StarlightSeiya said:

This album is soo good. MEMENTO gives me soo many chills. I stan talent

It was hard to get into on first listen but the second time i played it i was slayed to my core. It's one of my faves now

Archived