A Star Is Born
Sign in to follow this  
society

Powerful speech about gun violence from school shooting survivor

Featured Posts

PartySick   Paws Up 38,060
PartySick

I caught this on CNN about an hour ago, I'm glad it's been uploaded 'cause it truly is moving :diane:

This is a student from Stoneman Douglas High, the school that lost 17 lives in a mass shooting Wednesday afternoon. Keep in mind while watching this that Trump is only a few miles away relaxing at his Mar-a-lago golf resort. I hope he and every law maker in this country hears this and reconsiders being a decent human being that puts other people before anything, especially guns.

This young woman is going places :applause:

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 8
Give sorrow words. The grief that does not speak whispers.

Korok   Paws Up 3,388
Korok

"Companies trying to make caricatures of the teenagers nowadays saying that all we are is self-involved an trend-obsessed and they hush us into submissions when our message doesn't reach the ears of the nation, we are prepared to call BS" 

Go OFF, sister :giveup:

If there's one thing I know about this generation it is that we're a lot smarter than adults make us to be. Drives me to hell when we're labelled by them as inferior because of our obsession with trends + technology. The narrative behind this needs to change. The tech-generation has its ups and downs, but we've also managed to pool resources and knowledge into a very accessible and convenient space (the internet). 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

GypsyBabe   Paws Up 13,488
GypsyBabe

:applause:

These kids are using this tragedy as a true platform for change. They are getting louder and louder and I hope the country is listening to their voices. 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

M Monstre   Paws Up 22,617
M Monstre

This girl is so brave and courageous. I hope that everyone in the nation, especially Trump hears this and thinks about the changes that need to be made in order to regulate gun control. This should have happened with Orlando, this should have happened with Sandy Hook, it should have happened a long time ago, and it needs to happen now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
💕 / 🎨 / ✌️ / 🎶

That J   Paws Up 7,108
That J

She is AMAZING.  This really blew me away and I am so glad to see this happening. Young people standing up calling out the morons in charge and demanding help!  Enough is enough.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Makes me wanna pray, pray you'll always be here.

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 6,848
ALGAYDO

She even had her receipts ready! Gen X kids are really pushing it, and I love it. 

• Like 2
Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fable   Paws Up 14,173
Fable

Powerful :applause: When can she be the president??

Apparently she is 18 years old now, 17 years until she is old enough to be eligible to be the U.S president which takes us to 2035, but the next election from then will be 2036 so I guess #Gonzalez2036

• Like 1

GoldenPonyboy   Paws Up 1,505
GoldenPonyboy

It was emotional, but not hateful or angry. She is very smart and controls her speech well. Too bad people on the alt-right will only see her shaved head. we need more of that kind of passion. the dems need to rally with the younger crowd. Our generation is not to go to waste. We saw it with Bernie. Young people will make a change, the adults need to trust us to make that change. 

GoldenPonyboy   Paws Up 1,505
GoldenPonyboy
13 hours ago, Korok said:

"Companies trying to make caricatures of the teenagers nowadays saying that all we are is self-involved an trend-obsessed and they hush us into submissions when our message doesn't reach the ears of the nation, we are prepared to call BS" 

Go OFF, sister :giveup:

If there's one thing I know about this generation it is that we're a lot smarter than adults make us to be. Drives me to hell when we're labelled by them as inferior because of our obsession with trends + technology. The narrative behind this needs to change. The tech-generation has its ups and downs, but we've also managed to pool resources and knowledge into a very accessible and convenient space (the internet). 

I think the big problem is that our generation seems to live in extremes. It's like some people give 0% and don't care. but on the other hand we have people like her. It's also got to do with technology. with the amout of information out there, we are only able of seeing the extremes of things. idk, just a thought.