💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Benefits of a Vegas Residency

Doot

Featured Posts

giphy.gif

So I was doing some reading on Elvis Presley, as I am a big fan of his music, and I stumbled across some information that I thought was interesting, and should be shared. Keep in mind, I am aware that this occurred a long time ago, and times have changed, but it is still worth pointing out.

Hopefully this helps some of the complainers/little managers naysayers or doubters of the benefits of a Vegas Residency.

mxCJ8MA.png?1

Everyone is keen to say Gaga is over as her albums don't perform commercially like they used to. Elvis was also at the top of the world once, until this...   With 8 singles released, only TWO even hit Top 40! One of his soundtrack albums (A Star Is Born for you haters) only hit #82 on the Billlboard Chart.

mz3aBu5.png

Meaning: Elvis went from the top of the world (think Gaga 2011) to basically a commercial failure. He took a seven year hiatus from performing live, and after a tv special, was offered a Vegas Residency, which was insanely successful and opened the door for him to have hugely successful tours after the residency.

Rq3hyGI.png

Lady_Gaga_in_Las_Vegas.jpg

Elvis's manager then proceeded to do negotiations to make some fat bank with the Vegas Residency, which also should be pointed out, that he performed two shows a night :trollga:

ICh70n4.png

$1 million dollars per year, for five years. It was unprecedented. Gaga signed a $100 million deal for two years, which is also unprecedented. And guess what, his touring force became hugely successful AFTER the Vegas Residency.

And guess what happened after that? His next single hit Top 3, the first one two do so in SIX YEARS.

So in closing...

giphy.gif

While you Little Managers sit at home and beg mom and dad to give you $10 bucks to go to the mall with your friends, remember that Elvis Presley's insane career tumbled to the dumps, and then DOUBLED in success following a Vegas Residency. 

Gaga might be a lot of things...but she isn't dumb. :tea:

gagagoogoose
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

While you Little Managers sit at home and beg mom and dad to give you $10 bucks to go to the mall with your friends

y3ZoAsi9fa1RC.gif

ryanripley

and lets not forget Britney is touring all over the world right now and the tickets are selling like hot cakes

but of course, vegas means you're over

156.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

1 minute ago, darkness said:

So people will perform weddings dressing as Gaga in a few years ?

Here let me link you to the page about the Cultural Impact of Elvis Presley, who is regarded as literally one of the biggest musical icons ever, if not the biggest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_Elvis_Presley

We could only wish they dressed up as Gaga at weddings.

scallywally
8 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

Didn't it save Vegas' failing economy?

It was the Rat Pack and the mob and people getting over it was next to a nuclear bomb test site but yeah Elvis was a draw. 

ElectricAlley

I’m SO here for Gaga being a Vegas legend. In 30 years street performers will be dressing up like her on the strip for pictures with tourists like Elvis. 

8 minutes ago, darkness said:

So people will perform weddings dressing as Gaga in a few years ?

one can only hope :queenga:

4 minutes ago, ElectricAlley said:

I’m SO here for Gaga being a Vegas legend. In 30 years street performers will be dressing up like her on the strip for pictures with tourists like Elvis. 

That will be a time to be alive :tony: 

scallywally
6 minutes ago, ElectricAlley said:

Ive never seen any Elvis's on the strip but hes got a museum and in all the gift shops and you can get married by him lol. Britney's got a shop too. Elton had a bar. They've all got gambling machines so they will be making a gaga gambling machine as we speak.

1 minute ago, scallywally said:

Ive never seen any Elvis's on the strip but hes got a museum and in all the gift shops and you can get married by him lol.

Imagine getting married by a Gaga impersonator :cryga:

scallywally
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Imagine getting married by a Gaga impersonator :cryga:

You probably already can. :toofunny: My sister renewed her vows at the place Britney got married with Elvis in Hawaii  music. Everyone was drunk. Been lots of times its crazy. There are shops with weed lollies.

There are really good Gaga impersonators there so cant see why not. 

2 minutes ago, scallywally said:

You probably already can. :toofunny: My sister renewed her vows at the place Britney got married with Elvis in Hawaii, music. Everyone was drunk. 

There are really good Gaga impersonators there so cant see why not. 

Hopefully your sisters marriage lasts longer than either of Britney's. :classy:

Archived