monster4life231

Well for the 2018 radio you need to:

- have basic ass song lyrics.

- have basic ass instrumental.

- sing it in Spanish.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Lady Adga
42 minutes ago, The Bling said:

Being as basic and repetitive as possible :poot: Lyrics so simple everyone can relate and no one's offended by them :poot: The same beat over and over again in the same songs

Hide contents

Looking at you, reggaeton :selena: Die already you filthy *****

Poker Face and Just Dance are radio friendly :interestinga: 

6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I don't think they'd put the work into diving into the meanings and stories behind most of Gaga's music anyway :giveup: I mean, most people probably don't know The Cure is about Sonja or The Edge of Glory is about her grandparents or why Yoü and I has a "ü" instead of a "u". I don't think they care to know either :madge: she's serving up five star food and they're drowning it in ketchup and scarfing it down before hitting the drive thru on their way home basically :madge:

As she said, she’s not french fries, she’s foie gras :sis:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

The Bling
2 minutes ago, Garzilazo said:

Poker Face and Just Dance are radio friendly :interestinga: 

Your rank :selena: El mío no

But those were other times, I meant nowadays :poot:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

4 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

Well for the 2018 radio you need to:

- have basic ass song lyrics.

- have basic ass instrumental.

- sing it in Spanish.

As trends keep changing, hopefully these will fade, so new and better music standards can rise

GypsyBabe
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

she's serving up five star food and they're drowning it in ketchup and scarfing it down before hitting the drive thru on their way home basically :madge:

poBWBfoqg

So true. They're drowning a filet in f*cking ketchup. 

⚯͛

I think the concept of being “radio-friendly” is just something stans made up to justify why certain songs don’t become commercial hits or not :toofunny:

A song is going to be a commercial hit if it’s a good song and the labels have set up radio deals. As a Gaga fan, y’all should know that radios do not play songs based upon public requests and demand. They play songs based on radio deals. 

Radio friendly... i hate that so much because no body has any idea what is radio friendly and what not. Few years ago singing about "I want your disease, as long as it's free" was radio friendly, but nowdays, stans try to explain every flop with "it wasn't radio friendly" BS.

Especially saying how you need to be basic to be radio friendly also means, that Gaga's song were also basic for being played on the radio, just fyi.

6 minutes ago, Doot said:

I think the concept of being “radio-friendly” is just something stans made up to justify why certain songs don’t become commercial hits or not :toofunny:

A song is going to be a commercial hit if it’s a good song and the labels have set up radio deals. As a Gaga fan, y’all should know that radios do not play songs based upon public requests and demand. They play songs based on radio deals. 

That’s interesting. I thought that the songs played on the radio were there because of popularity or demand too, didn’t thought about the deals that happen

15 minutes ago, Mustang07 said:

That’s interesting. I thought that the songs played on the radio were there because of popularity or demand too, didn’t thought about the deals that happen

During Born This Way era throughout ARTPOP dozens of radio stations were exposed when they would have public polls for what songs should be played next, and Gaga’s singles would destroy the other songs in the polls, but then they would play whatever the other “hit” song was and claim is was by popular demands. 

Theres also been many radio DJs that have come forward and said that the songs they play are dictated by record labels as well. 

19 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Radio friendly... i hate that so much because no body has any idea what is radio friendly and what not. Few years ago singing about "I want your disease, as long as it's free" was radio friendly, but nowdays, stans try to explain every flop with "it wasn't radio friendly" BS.

Especially saying how you need to be basic to be radio friendly also means, that Gaga's song were also basic for being played on the radio, just fyi.

Yeah true

I believe that the saying “basic to be radio friendly” here was applying to music nowadays, that has become a lot different than 10 years ago, apparently with shallow lyrics and relying too much on the instrumental parts (mostly electronic), but again, this is what is trending right now, might change in the future.

But afterall I think this comes down to personal taste, some might find a song playing on the radio to be basic while some might think it’s a masterpiece

(sorry if my thoughts here kinda sound out of place :laughga:)

TheWitness
47 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I don't think they'd put the work into diving into the meanings and stories behind most of Gaga's music anyway :giveup: I mean, most people probably don't know The Cure is about Sonja or The Edge of Glory is about her grandparents or why Yoü and I has a "ü" instead of a "u". I don't think they care to know either :madge: she's serving up five star food and they're drowning it in ketchup and scarfing it down before hitting the drive thru on their way home basically :madge:

I don’t even know :rip: 

Host Of Lyricasism

Oriane

Unlike most people, I don't think radio-friendly means that it follows the trend and is basic. I just think it's about songs that can be broadcast on most radios, and it wouldn't shock anybody. It doesn't mean it's good or bad, just mainstream enough to be played on the radio. Songs from decades ago are still radio-friendly because we still hear them, and yet they're not what's trendy at the moment.

I think Joanne has a lot of radio-friendly songs. Just because it doesn't sound like other trendy songs doesn't mean it wouldn't be successful. I can very clearly see songs like Joanne, Come to Mama or A-YO being played. But imagine songs lika Aura or Scheiße (the intro) on the radio. Imagine you're in a shop, or at the restaurant, and you hear that. People would just say "wtf is this, it's weird", because it's not traditional. Radio-friendly songs are good for a background atmosphere in your daily life.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Oriane
6 minutes ago, TheWitness said:

I don’t even know :rip: 

Because it's about Lüc Carl

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

TheWitness
2 minutes ago, Oriane said:

Because it's about Lüc Carl

Ohhhhhhhhhhh 

im a flop :poot: 

Host Of Lyricasism