Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What makes a song “Radio Friendly”?

Mus

Featured Posts

Most of the time I see people here talk about a single being “radio friendly” or not, but I can’t understand what this could mean.

Like Perfect Illusion for example, many here say it wasn’t a good choice for lead because it wasn’t “radio friendly”.

Is there like some rules or requisites for a song to be played on the radio?

I know our friend Google is out there, but I wanted to know your perspective on this subject :unicorn:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

PerfectGUY

I think as long as the song is listenable and easy-understanding, it's radio-friendly.

I think people explaining flops saying a song wasn't radio-friendly don't have a real argument there.
I don't think radios think that much wether or not they should play a song or not. They play what's hot/charting/requested and that's it.

I'm pretty sure for example that if PI was a radio smash, people would call it extremely radio friendly

The Bling

Being as basic and repetitive as possible :poot: Lyrics so simple everyone can relate and no one's offended by them :poot: The same beat over and over again in the same songs

Spoiler

Looking at you, reggaeton :selena: Die already you filthy *****

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

FfFfFfFF

It's hard to explain. :poot:

It's about fitting into the sound which is popular, not to be the same but to have some similarities in order to sound modern/ current enough.

He8MyHeart

I think of 'radio friendly' as any song that conforms to the current trend. So anything that is boring, or has Ed featured.

Chromatislaps
Just now, Haiii said:

Basically, does your average white gurl who works at Target bop to it?

hmm then Duck Duck Goose should definitely be a hit  

UofSWl4.gif

Spoiler

:trollga: 

Contrapoints
3 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

hmm then Duck Duck Goose should definitely be a hit  

UofSWl4.gif

Hide contents

:trollga: 

YAAAAAAS SLAYTINA LETS TURN THIS INTO A DUCK DUCK GOOSE APPRECIATION THREAD

"I THOUGHT I CAME BUT I PEED ON DAT DÏCK" WOOOOOO

ezgif-3-33929fec2e.gif

Chromatislaps
1 minute ago, Haiii said:

YAAAAAAS SLAYTINA LETS TURN THIS INTO A DUCK DUCK GOOSE APPRECIATION THREAD

"I THOUGHT I CAME BUT I PEED ON DAT ****" WOOOOOO

UofSWl4.gif

Pubic hair got inches, that's weave on a d1ck

UofSWl4.gif

7 minutes ago, The Bling said:

Being as basic and repetitive as possible :poot: Lyrics so simple everyone can relate and no one's offended by them :poot: The same beat over and over again in the same songs

Reveal hidden contents

Looking at you, reggaeton :selena: Die already you filthy *****

7 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

It's hard to explain. :poot:

It's about fitting into the sound which is popular, not to be the same but to have some similarities in order to sound modern/ current enough.

7 minutes ago, Haiii said:

Basically, does your average white gurl who works at Target bop to it?

6 minutes ago, He8MyHeart said:

I think of 'radio friendly' as any song that conforms to the current trend. So anything that is boring, or has Ed featured.

Yeah that kind of explains current radio :toofunny:

Hope someone (could be Gaga) comes to raise the bar and change this status tbh

PartySick
Just now, Mustang07 said:

Yeah that kind of explains current radio :toofunny:

Hope someone (could be Gaga) comes to raise the bar and change this status tbh

Doubtful. The GP loves easily digestible bops :selena:

🖤

ShockPop

Radio friendly simply means it has no qualities that may put people off and contains a good melody and hook.

For example Million Reasons and Dope are similar but MR is radio friendly because of lyrics and non jarring vocal. The melody on dope is far better though.

34 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

I think as long as the song is listenable and easy-understanding, it's radio-friendly.

I think people explaining flops saying a song wasn't radio-friendly don't have a real argument there.
I don't think radios think that much wether or not they should play a song or not. They play what's hot/charting/requested and that's it.

I'm pretty sure for example that if PI was a radio smash, people would call it extremely radio friendly

Yeah this all makes sense

about PI too, that’s so true

22 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Doubtful. The GP loves easily digestible bops :selena:

Yeah it’s kinda sad, but I can understand.

It’s like if super complex music was playing on the radio, people would probably be like “what the hell is that?”, and change the station :laughga:

PartySick
1 minute ago, Mustang07 said:

Yeah it’s kinda sad, but I can understand. It’s like if super complex music was playing on the radio, people would probably be like “what the hell is that?”, and change the station :laughga:

I don't think they'd put the work into diving into the meanings and stories behind most of Gaga's music anyway :giveup: I mean, most people probably don't know The Cure is about Sonja or The Edge of Glory is about her grandparents or why Yoü and I has a "ü" instead of a "u". I don't think they care to know either :madge: she's serving up five star food and they're drowning it in ketchup and scarfing it down before hitting the drive thru on their way home basically :madge:

🖤

Archived