💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s underdiscussed impact on the world

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

NotMyFlop

i’m at work today & i was discussing with some coworkers about gaga and her impact. they all knew her big hits, major pop culture moments, etc but it occured to me no one in the GP (and this fanbase, sort of) discusses born this way’s (song) true impact. 

everyone knows it went #1 for weeks, sold millions of copies, was groundbreaking and is now a staple for the LGBTQIA+ community. 

however, it goes alot farther than that. born this way was SO bold — gaga almost single-handedly made trendy for artists to love and openly talk about their queer fans. 

katy perry went from the homophobic (but still a bop :laughga:) ur so gay to her “gay anthem”, firework. 

gaga entering the political realm to discuss this, daring russia to arrest her, etc during an era where she was UNSTOPPABLE ultimately led the discussion for gay rights to really enter the mainstream. gaga used her platform to do THAT. 

born this way being such a commercial success allowed representation to blossom (alongside other bold endeavors, like glee). but gaga was really the first HUGE celebrity to do this. 

why does no one discuss this? :saladga:

(and, yes, i know there was represenation and artists who were pro-gay before gaga, but she was the first to be so open to gayness on such a magnitude that she was on) 

ordinarynam1310

Born This Way is more specific than Firework. 

The lyrics tackles the problem in society about the LGBTQ+ community. 

Firework is more for everyone, it talks about insecurities for everyone. 

But both songs are good, it puts out positivity in the world, which is rarely seen in pop music now

I didn't even fully know til I went to my first live show. Never seen so much passion and energy from a crowd as I did down in GA during BTW, and I've been to metal shows where people were taken away in ambulances.

Lord Temptation

Why don’t we ask so-called LGBTQ media groups like GLAAD and HRC, who have never - not once - acknowledged Gaga in any of their annual awards they hand out to artists who have benefited the LGBT community? :fthis:

Drin Lon

Glee started airing more than a year before BTW and Madonna was also very very explicit and bold about her ally status when society was much more judgemental than now, but other than that you're right :tony:

lovespent

Gaga was not the first mainstream artist talking about gay fans and fighting for gay rights, you're overreacting a bit :laughga:

I don’t want to live in a world where Firewack is considered a gay anthem. I don’t want to be associated with a plastic bag thanks  

I mean, Born This Way had so much more impact that Firework. Not least because Firework is utterly tragic both lyrically and sonically. 

actsleazy
1 hour ago, Cometomemega said:

True but firework came out before born This Way 

no one cares :sis::creepflop:

born this way was crafted for the lgbt community

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

3 hours ago, NotMyFlop said:

ur so gay to her “gay anthem”, firework. 

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola

TEANUS

The thing people seem to finally be coming to understand is that almost everything Gaga has done before were not being done by her contemporaries. Who else was that dance-pop oriented in a music scene where pop was falling to hip-hop and teen rock? Gaga ushered that in. Who else put such emphasis on dancing WHILE singing, being a true performer? Gaga ushered that in. Who else made music videos an event once again for the first time since MJ and arguably Britney? Gaga did that, Rihanna, Nicki, Katy, etc. all followed. Who else took their 'generic' pop and transformed it into dark electro-pop with lyrical themes like sex, alcohol, drugs, etc. and then transformed it again into metal-opera techno house before transforming it again into ravey, ragey, EDM and then ventured into jazz before finally transitioning into folk, country, and rock? Gaga did that, others follow.

Not only should her message and dedication be remembered, but her absolute drive to evolve and grow is unparalleled and should be given more credit

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived