Jump to content
A Star Is Born
opinion

DJWS is better than Redone

Featured Posts

maxmore   Paws Up 1,007
maxmore
12 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

what PB song sounds like anything on TFM? :laughga:

the songs for mannequin factory are more like a BTW rip off

mannequin factory and bad romance are very very similar in lyrical+melodic structure (+ slightly similar in aesthetic).

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doot   Paws Up 12,822
Doot
Just now, maxmore said:

redone blatantly copied them without letting her know

Are you referring to the Jennifer Lopez thing? 

1 minute ago, maxmore said:

gaga created those melodies on her piano and came up with the lyrics (+their structure) herself

This was also refuted on ARTPOP, because Gaga explicitly said herself that she had an extremely hard way making ARTPOP because she is used to the process where she writes the songs and the melodies, and then goes and creates the production around it, whereas with ARTPOP, it was just people handing her beats and she had to just write stuff to fit it. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanliarripley   Paws Up 73,539
ryanliarripley
Just now, maxmore said:

mannequin factory and bad romance are very very similar in lyrical+melodic structure (+ slightly similar in aesthetic).

 

oh, i meant more about the sound lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ignotus   Paws Up 203
ignotus

Space Cowboy is the best imo :stalkga:

Spoiler

i don't really mind. I love both, they created so many bops with Gaga which I looooove.

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
maxmore   Paws Up 1,007
maxmore
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

Are you referring to the Jennifer Lopez thing? 

This was also refuted on ARTPOP, because Gaga explicitly said herself that she had an extremely hard way making ARTPOP because she is used to the process where she writes the songs and the melodies, and then goes and creates the production around it, whereas with ARTPOP, it was just people handing her beats and she had to just write stuff to fit it. 

not only the j lo thing. check out my posts in this thread. 

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
maxmore   Paws Up 1,007
maxmore
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

oh, i meant more about the sound lol

well the sound too a bit, but industrial/ rock/ metal influenced pop music is not exclusive to gaga, so i didnt mention it. (but lets be real, its not like redone could list any other influences for that song lol) 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanliarripley   Paws Up 73,539
ryanliarripley
2 minutes ago, maxmore said:

well the sound too a bit, but industrial/ rock/ metal influenced pop music is not exclusive to gaga, so i didnt mention it. (but lets be real, its not like redone could list any other influences for that song lol) 

yeah, after gaga took off because of how new her music was, he tried mashing together "britney spears and marilyn manson" as porcelain says to describe herself and her music but then didn't he even give it a chance by constantly holding her back

and now she's making weird rap music on garageband

Edited by ryanripley
https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
maxmore   Paws Up 1,007
maxmore
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Are you referring to the Jennifer Lopez thing? 

This was also refuted on ARTPOP, because Gaga explicitly said herself that she had an extremely hard way making ARTPOP because she is used to the process where she writes the songs and the melodies, and then goes and creates the production around it, whereas with ARTPOP, it was just people handing her beats and she had to just write stuff to fit it. 

 its a well known fact gaga created the melody and lyrics for bad romance all by herself (except for the oooh part which was suggested by redone). now listen to that songs chorus. sound familiar? that song was released in august 2009 ... 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haiii   Paws Up 3,819
Haiii

If I'm being honest I think it was Gaga's boundless creativity matched with RedOne's generic-ness (fitting her into a mold) that elevated her to her current status now. She needs to work with current producers, not necessarily RedOne, to become a hit again.

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibsen Ferreira   Paws Up 39
Ibsen Ferreira

RedOne songs:

Poker Face, Judas, Scheisse, Bad Romance

White Shadow:

Applause, MANiCURE

bitch, please. No.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doot   Paws Up 12,822
Doot
12 minutes ago, maxmore said:

 its a well known fact gaga created the melody and lyrics for bad romance all by herself (except for the oooh part which was suggested by redone). now listen to that songs chorus. sound familiar? that song was released in august 2009 ... 

But again, you are doing nothing but proving my original point. :laughga:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Derpplause   Paws Up 27,454
Derpplause
44 minutes ago, Doot said:

Have you heard the RedOne version of Paparazzi?! ISSA BOP.

Have you heard their unreleased World Cup anthem? :lolly: ISSA BOP too :tony: 

http://picosong.com/wRaCQ/

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unbeweavable   Paws Up 1,458
Unbeweavable
2 hours ago, Quark said:

This does not mean much when it comes to the topic of this thread though.

How :toofunny: Im responding to the statement in the OP that people only think redone is better because he produced her hits, which is untrue

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingRedd   Paws Up 1,802
KingRedd

RedOne will always be my favorite because he and Gaga made magic and he helped blossom her career. DJWS is great but I want a different sound from him. More BM less EDM heavy ARTPOP style. 

  • Like 1
May I Read You? 😎

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
Hook32