Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Will despacito be iconic in say 10 years?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

TheWitness
2 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

No, but I couldn't tell you one song from 2015-2018 that I think people would find memorable in 10 years anyway

Hello

Blank Space (was this late 14 or early 15)

LWYMMD (it’s awful but everyone knows it)

Humble

I’m too tired to think of others lol

Host Of Lyricasism

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Viral songs will not be remembered as iconic, it will be remembered as viral fun songs, and some will try not to even remember it cos it is embarassing, ask Asereje or Macarena for example.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LordEnigma

Why do we even start threads like these.

All it does is start fights :cryga: there’s no real way to measure icon-status so just move on.

I mean what is there to reference? It will be remembered because everyone heard it a million times, but it’s not like it will have references in pop media tbh imo

3 hours ago, Jed said:

and remember the world is bigger than your suburban gay life. Just because it was an urban cross over don't mean people who like spanish music and rap don't have memories?

Like, I can't with some of you acting like the world is confined to your prism and your interests. the song was huge for a reason

Logic doesn’t get through to twinks unless you’re talking about a female pop star :toofunny:

DoremonLove
15 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Viral songs will not be remembered as iconic, it will be remembered as viral fun songs, and some will try not to even remember it cos it is embarassing, ask Asereje or Macarena for example.

THIS:golfclap:

Diff btw viral songs and iconic songs. 

How can anoyone not love gaga

MaryJaneHolland

Yes, just like Macarena and Gasolina are still remembered.

C'mon, you can't deny the phenomenon that this song was, people here are just jealous and bitter :selena:

MaryJaneHolland
18 hours ago, ryanripley said:

apparently any song that's a #1 hit is iconic :rip: 

the chainsmokers are suddenly icons

No, but a song which stays there for 16 weeks (aka all time record), certainly is... :rip: 

Matangi
19 hours ago, Jed said:

and remember the world is bigger than your suburban gay life. Just because it was an urban cross over don't mean people who like spanish music and rap don't have memories?

Like, I can't with some of you acting like the world is confined to your prism and your interests. the song was huge for a reason

thank youuu

JusKeepBreathin

Y'all really think that Bad Romance was bigger than Tik Tok. That's cute. :bye:

Poker Face had a bigger impact than both those songs, but Tik Tok was bigger than BR. 

Despacito will be iconic in ten years most definitely. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived