💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Will despacito be iconic in say 10 years?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

I think it will thanks to Justin Bieber. When people look back on his career, they will remember it as one of his biggest hits. If the song didn't have JB it would prob be more likely to be forgotten

Mirrion Rizzons
14 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

I know many people in here hate BR, but this is just offensive in so many levels :saladga:

nah i love BR, i mean it in that it outimpacted a hit that sold more

Mirrion Rizzons
57 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

I couldn't find the stats for TiK ToK, but BR has been certified 11x Platinum as of 2015. I doubt Tik Tok comes close.

it's sold 15M WW i believe

Clarence

Nope. it wont even be played much by the end of the year I bet. we just live in a different time where songs can easily get views and sales just from being on a Spotify playlist.

LePetitGAGABLover

No. Its not in the caliber of Bad Romance, Thriller, Vogue,  I Will Always Love You, Uptown Funk, Single Ladies, etc.

Andrea B
1 hour ago, Gardevoir said:

No

1 hour ago, iAstroLeo said:

Nobody will remember it :poot: 

1 hour ago, Queen of Venus said:

No 

1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

not even next year

it will be remembered, not because it went #1 in the US but because it is still a BIG hit WW  here in latin america and spain.  in Mexico you can still hear reggaeton songs from 10 years ago and we lose out sht every time we listen to them, the song is already iconic and will be remembered for decades.

In latin america we have a lot of pop songs that are iconic but reaggaton is everywhere. the US is not the center of the world.

Andrea B
1 hour ago, Jed said:

me and my english speaking friends enjoyed the song it wasn't just a meme in the circles i travel in. 

I think this forum has a huge problem undervaluing and underestimating the urban music market. No tea no shade but the experiences and lives of these people are just as important as ours so saying that song wont be remembered is like saying LoveGame won't be remembered. OF COURSE I'll remember it but people in different communities don't even remember it now. Like I said, the world is bigger than the pop stan community and then popular kids in your high school.

and then on an international scale that's a whole other level. Spanish speaking countries DO exist y'all and they do, in facvt, have memories and are capable of making something iconic.

this

Like I said in my other reply, you can still hear reggaeton songs from 10 years ago in clubs and on the radio here in mexico. despacito is already iconic. 

Andrea B
35 minutes ago, Parsakaali said:

In the same way as Las Ketchup and Gangan style.

you can still hear the song from las ketchup in a lot of countries, millions of people remember this song, including us.

Bradlee Annett

I don't hear it everywhere like I did in 2017, it's slowly dying XD in 10 years though? NAH 

It's going to be 10 years since Just Dance and Poker Face came out and everyone still jams to them <3

Ariana Grindr
2 hours ago, Jed said:

and remember the world is bigger than your suburban gay life. Just because it was an urban cross over don't mean people who like spanish music and rap don't have memories?

Like, I can't with some of you acting like the world is confined to your prism and your interests. the song was huge for a reason

Tell em:queenga:

Archived