Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Will despacito be iconic in say 10 years?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei
Just now, Jed said:

and remember the world is bigger than your suburban gay life. Just because it was an urban cross over don't mean people who like spanish music and rap don't have memories?

Like, I can't with some of you acting like the world is confined to your prism and your interests. the song was huge for a reason

cause it was a meme to mumble the lyrics and then say DEES PAAA CITO. at least that was it for anyone who doesn't speak spanish

Musery

Just now, Ryusei said:

cause it was a meme to mumble the lyrics and then say DEES PAAA CITO. at least that was it for anyone who doesn't speak spanish

me and my english speaking friends enjoyed the song it wasn't just a meme in the circles i travel in. 

I think this forum has a huge problem undervaluing and underestimating the urban music market. No tea no shade but the experiences and lives of these people are just as important as ours so saying that song wont be remembered is like saying LoveGame won't be remembered. OF COURSE I'll remember it but people in different communities don't even remember it now. Like I said, the world is bigger than the pop stan community and then popular kids in your high school.

and then on an international scale that's a whole other level. Spanish speaking countries DO exist y'all and they do, in facvt, have memories and are capable of making something iconic.

Henri Bardot
4 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

No, but I couldn't tell you one song from 2015-2018 that I think people would find memorable in 10 years anyway

formation

pooiota

Ryusei
Just now, Jed said:

me and my english speaking friends enjoyed the song it wasn't just a meme in the circles i travel in. 

I think this forum has a huge problem undervaluing and underestimating the urban music market. No tea no shade but the experiences and lives of these people are just as important as ours so saying that song wont be remembered is like saying LoveGame won't be remembered. OF COURSE I'll remember it but people in different communities don't even remember it now. Like I said, the world is bigger than the pop stan community and then popular kids in your high school.

and then on an international scale that's a whole other level. Spanish speaking countries DO exist y'all and they do, in facvt, have memories and are capable of making something iconic.

uh yeah no **** there have been huge spanish songs before that and big songs in all kinds of languages. But IMO a lot of today's music is nothing but memery for a lot of people... ofc people enjoy it on different levels, some people genuinely enjoy it and some like it for the memes and other people (like a lot of people on this forum) don't like it which is also why a lot of people here dont want it to be remembered, leading to them saying it won't be remembered... I can do very well without despacito on the radio but I won't say no to some shakira for example. If i enjoy smth I enjoy it regardless of the language. And to me this song is annoying as **** so away with it :trollga: 

Musery

KleinGa

Sis despacito will not be remembered next 2 weeks :cryga:

stan that song tho. Come for me. I'm ready

Decodekid

15 minutes ago, Jed said:

and remember the world is bigger than your suburban gay life. Just because it was an urban cross over don't mean people who like spanish music and rap don't have memories?

Like, I can't with some of you acting like the world is confined to your prism and your interests. the song was huge for a reason

YES to this

Im Harol don't tell anyone

BloodyJudas

Of course it will. Stop being delusional! It was one of the biggest hits of this decade for a reason. 

6 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

And to me this song is annoying as **** so away with it :trollga: 

has literally nothing to do with it being iconic in the future. Like I said in my first post the world is bigger than you and your taste. I don't even listen to it but it tied mariah careys record for longest number one that alone will keep it remembered.

Decodekid

it will be remember what the **** are you guys are talking about? despacito is basically the new Macarena/Asereje you like it or not 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

20 minutes ago, Jed said:

THIS :golfclap:

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

ryanripley

apparently any song that's a #1 hit is iconic :rip: 

the chainsmokers are suddenly icons

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

sipthistea
46 minutes ago, Cometomemega said:

I feel like it was the bad romance of 2017. 

I know many people in here hate BR, but this is just offensive in so many levels :saladga:

Archived