Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Joanne World Tour grossed $94,9M

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

derpmonster
9 hours ago, WorkItUp said:

It's not normal, especially for someone of Gaga's caliber who's supposed to be a renowed artist according to her fans. I'm sorry guys, but these boxcores are a bit underwhelming. Many of you were expecting 96-98M. Besides, the fact she hasn't grossed 100M (and probably will never again, let's face the music) is tragic and makes her look VERY bad in comparison to some of her competitors who are still able to get 100M + grossing global tours. It's sad that Vegas is her last resort.

Have you looked at the number of dates? I don't understand the fascination with total gross amount when per show average and sold out status and number of people attending much better indicate success.

Let's not act like she couldn't do more. JWT was always set up to be a small tour and there was demand but they never added a leg: instead, cancelled.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
1 hour ago, scallywally said:

I know how insurance works, sold it for years and got the boring diplomas. (Thank god I dont do it now lol). 

Her cancelled re booked dates she wouldntve been paid as much they wouldve had the costs taken out of the first dates and the policy cost would be through the roof. That would change the amount she would be due to be paid. Artists usually get 50% before the tour and the remainder after. If theres cancelled dates They would include the excess deduction out of the policy unless they paid no excess which would still deduct from what she got.

So the re booked dates wouldve hit her handbag more than another artist selling a 100 mill tour, on top of that  if she was on 30% not 50% no she isnt. Thats all I can say, if ive got it incorrect or anybody else says otherwise so be it. 

She would have been paid the same percentage for all dates. The only thing that would have changed would have been an increase in rates for the second insurance policy. That would not have been taken out of her first dates, nor would it be deducted from any remaining dates. 

You can keep saying that made up imaginary scenario all you want, that doesn't make it true. Maybe those folks over at MN will agree with you. ;) 

PlanetChromatica

Why are we arguing about how much Gaga would of earned from the tour? I don't really care how much money she made, she has enough money. The fans are on the other side of it, losing money on hotels and travel, that's more important than what percentage Gaga took of profit :toofunny:

ryanripley
3 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Well the demand didn't seem to happen after her SB gig considering she had a hard time selling out Europe and didn't even bother with any other continents. Also, as seen be the other thread recently made, her touring numbers are the lowest ones compared to everyone else. I mean, Beyonce grossed more with Formation that had just 49 dates than TBTWB that had 100+ dates and was when gaga was at her peak. 

With her health issues, shaky tour reputation, and time off from touring, unless she has a super massive era, it IS quite possible we will never see a $100 million tour again. She simply is not a touring force anymore 

false, she can easily grab another 100m but idk if she'll ever tour the world again

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

scallywally
2 hours ago, Whispering said:

She would have been paid the same percentage for all dates. The only thing that would have changed would have been an increase in rates for the second insurance policy. That would not have been taken out of her first dates, nor would it be deducted from any remaining dates. 

You can keep saying that made up imaginary scenario all you want, that doesn't make it true. Maybe those folks over at MN will agree with you. ;) 

So the Birmingham dates she wouldntve got as much. At last you get it. That took a while I dont come here to fight, you seem to come across as aggressive. Theres no reason. . 

It took me a few mins but I get what MN means, dont tar me with that brush or any katy excuse thing you can throw at me thanks. Youre quite insulting thinking you know more than you do. I stated before im not into having fights. If you are one of those can I please politely ask you to ignore me? :) Hopefully sorted. 

TeenIdle
7 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Hopefully there are multiple seasons of Master Chef to last for you guys so you don't have to keep registering to other fansites

I died :air:

Don't know if already posted, but they had it wrong.

Because Antwerp wasn't even sold out:trollga:

But i'm just saying what i've read and have seen in the venue.

So don't come after me for being wrong:cryga:

Whispering
7 hours ago, scallywally said:

So the Birmingham dates she wouldntve got as much. At last you get it. That took a while I dont come here to fight, you seem to come across as aggressive. Theres no reason. . 

It took me a few mins but I get what MN means, dont tar me with that brush or any katy excuse thing you can throw at me thanks. Youre quite insulting thinking you know more than you do. I stated before im not into having fights. If you are one of those can I please politely ask you to ignore me? :) Hopefully sorted. 

No, she would have received the same percentage as she did at every other date. The only thing that could have changed would have been the rate to get insurance on all the European dates...a rate that would have been negotiated and split between her and Live Nation. That's not a percentage. Gaga still made thirty per cent of all her dates like any other artist. 

Canceled shows effed up her numbers. It's sucks she's constantly facing chronic pain. Honestly all those years of crazy bad for you shoes and hard core dancing. 

Runway
15 hours ago, WorkItUp said:

Are you talking about Katy Perry in your comment? Factually, she outgrossed BTWB and Artrave with her Prismatic Tour and she is going to outgross the JWT with the Witness Tour. Both Prismatic and Witness tour are more global than Gaga's latest tours as well. She's become a bigger touring force than Gaga since 2013 and you can do nothing about it. Not only Katy, but also Bruno, Taylor and Beyonce. Almost EVERYONE is surpassing the once mighty Gaga who once upon a time ruled the pop scene. But gone are those days... Also,  if you want to draw comparisons among the popstars, let's say Gaga is much more similar to Cyndi Lauper/ Avril Lavigne/ Xtina Aguilera than Katy is to Paula Abdul. But go in, I guess.

Sis your fave is going to ROT on an american idol chair and become America’s favorite CLOWN for months :air: 

“Katy is becoming a touring force” *sells tickets for $5* *gives away 8k tickets in Australia* *holds American Idol auditions at her show to fill up the arenas* *curtains off entire sections to hide the UNSOLD seats* *has a $600k average per show* 

Runway
12 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Well the demand didn't seem to happen after her SB gig considering she had a hard time selling out Europe and didn't even bother with any other continents. Also, as seen be the other thread recently made, her touring numbers are the lowest ones compared to everyone else. I mean, Beyonce grossed more with Formation that had just 49 dates than TBTWB that had 100+ dates and was when gaga was at her peak. 

With her health issues, shaky tour reputation, and time off from touring, unless she has a super massive era, it IS quite possible we will never see a $100 million tour again. She simply is not a touring force anymore 

BTWB and JWT were arena tours, Formation was stadiums only. Europe was sold out before rescheduling. Try again. 

nattuggla

I wanted to compare the European boxscores of the JWT to the dates/arenas at the Prism tour but why were there so many European individual boxscores not announced? There is no data for Milan, Birmingham, Amsterdam and Barcelona.... (There is data for Antwerp and Hamburg but Gaga outgrossed her here in Revenue)

Usually this is done when they are selling poorly, isn't it? 

Delulu Rogers
1 hour ago, Runway said:

Europe was sold out before rescheduling. Try again. 

Then why have people on here claim that entire sections were curtained off during their European shows? 

Bloodyjack
On 13/02/2018 at 8:17 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Lady Gaga - Joanne Tour:

U$ 94.911.783 gross  —  U$ 1.936.975

841.935 tickets  —  17.182

49 / 49

$112.73

Live Nation

4 Lady Gaga Palau Sant Jordi Barcelona, Spain Jan. 14, 16, 2018 $2,113,298 28,918 / 28,918 2 / 2 $128.24, $45.19 Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Spain
5 Lady Gaga Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, Netherlands Jan. 20, 2018 $1,465,089 15,397 / 15,397 1 / 1 $146.66, $48.89 Live Nation Global Touring/Mojo Concerts
6 Lady Gaga Sportpaleis Antwerp, Belgium Jan. 22, 2018 $1,435,452 15,533 / 15,533 1 / 1 $134.87, $49.04 Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Belgium
7 Lady Gaga Arena Birmingham Birmingham, U.K. Jan. 31, 2018 $1,138,126 12,456 / 12,456 1 / 1 $148.45, $56.55 Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation UK
8 Lady Gaga Mediolanum Forum Milan, Italy Jan. 18, 2018 $1,109,390 11,170 / 11,170 1 / 1 $134.63, $48.95 Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Italy

12 Lady Gaga Barclaycard Arena Hamburg, Germany Jan. 24, 2018 $1,055,950 10,587 / 10,587 1 / 1 $136.19, $49.52 Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation GmbH

14 Lady Gaga Genting Arena Birmingham, U.K. Feb. 1, 2018 $799,708 9,522 / 9,522 1 / 1 $149.44, $56.93 Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation UK

I bet you £310 of that is my axs money which I still hasn't been refunded

Archived