đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Joanne World Tour grossed $94,9M

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

PrinceOfTheStorm
1 hour ago, WorkItUp said:

Because the majority of the dates is from North America and those always have a bigger average because of high ticket prices. Had she finished her European leg, the average would've dwindled down. Also, if cancellations are taken into consideration, this tour was hardly profitable for her and her label. Sorry, but you guys lost.

What side are you on? :oprah:

signing out

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edge Of Venus
2 hours ago, Ronk said:

Gaga is doing Vegas because it's one of her dream opportunities.

sure jan

AdvancedGrayDove-max-1mb.gif

scallywally
31 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

How much of this does she actually keep

They usually get less than a 3rd ($30 out of $100) for arenas. Cancellations refunding venues (with extra for loss of earnings), paying off contracts for all the crew working on it will come out of that. Even everybodys transport to get home, hotel cancellations for the tour for everyone (twice for the shows Europe whole crews bookings). She wont make as much as we'd like to think. 

Its obvious why the last dates were filmed. (Thank god) :)

23 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

sure jan

AdvancedGrayDove-max-1mb.gif

http://www.elle.com/culture/music/a14465674/lady-gaga-las-vegas-residency/

“It’s the land of Elvis, Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra, the Rat Pack, Elton John, Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli. It has been a life-long dream of mine to play Las Vegas,” ... Lady Gaga

“I am humbled to be a part of a historical lineup of performers, and to have the honor of creating a new show unlike anything Vegas has ever seen before,” ... Lady Gaga

I live outside the space time continuum.

Whispering
1 hour ago, scallywally said:

They usually get less than a 3rd ($30 out of $100) for arenas. Cancellations refunding venues (with extra for loss of earnings), paying off contracts for all the crew working on it will come out of that. Even everybodys transport to get home, hotel cancellations for the tour for everyone (twice for the shows Europe whole crews bookings). She wont make as much as we'd like to think. 

Its obvious why the last dates were filmed. (Thank god) :)

Concert tours have insurance to cover those cost. They do not come out of the profits already made by the artist. 

Gaga made a third of the profits, including the sales of merchandise...which isn't shown here. 

Gaga made as much as any other big artist making 100 million gross on their tour. 

scallywally
4 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Concert tours have insurance to cover those cost. They do not come out of the profits already made by the artist. 

Gaga made a third of the profits, including the sales of merchandise...which isn't shown here. 

Gaga made as much as any other big artist making 100 million gross on their tour. 

Gaga had pre existing illnesses/conditions. That effects the insurance. 

Madge gets 50% I dont know if U2 do, but they have to split it between them. 

:)

Whispering
Just now, scallywally said:

Gaga had pre existing illnesses. That effects the insurance. 

Madge gets 50% I dont know if others do. 

Many artists have preexisting conditions. That's why big tours require insurance. An artist can't tour without it. Gaga is no different. 

scallywally
18 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Many artists have preexisting conditions. That's why big tours require insurance. An artist can't tour without it. Gaga is no different. 

And the extra that they have to pay for the pre existing comes out of the profit.

Merch is 30% of the overall net profit unsold stock would be deducted. 

Im not saying anything negative, im just saying she didnt walk away from this tour buying diamonds leaving her fans that lost money behind. She wouldntve made a MASSIVE amount of money. 

If you think you otherwise and cancelling lots of shows twice some of the costs dont come out of Gagas net P. Thats up to you. 

Another big artist on a 100 mill cancelled twice tour on 30% with pre existing as you say makes the same as others? 

Nope. Others earn more and dont cancel twice with leftover merch. 

Honeyz, stop feeding the trolls.. it's so easy to trigger you and you fall for it:awkney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Whispering
15 minutes ago, scallywally said:

And the extra that they have to pay for the pre existing comes out of the profit.

Merch is 30% of the overall net profit unsold stock would be deducted. 

Im not saying anything negative, im just saying she didnt walk away from this tour buying diamonds leaving her fans that lost money behind. She wouldntve made a MASSIVE amount of money. 

If you think you otherwise and cancelling 2 lots of shows costs dont come out of Gagas net P. Thats up to you. 

The rate wouldn't be millions more, or even a million. Her tour group might have had to pay an extra hundred thousand, or so. That's not enough to worry about, when you are making millions.

Gaga made a massive amount of money. The only thing she missed out on was the profits from the last ten shows.

Everyone has unsold merchandise. Tours work on supply and demand and insurance can cover any losses such as these. 

I don't "think" one way of the other. I know that insurance covers canceled shows...insurance that is required by Live Nation and every other events promoter. 

scallywally

OK OK as i said, you said she would make the same. We dont know her contract but she doesnt earn the same as others its a percentage of profit. Look into it. They arent given a cheque for a sold out tour before it starts. It would be in Live Nations hands there would be a large insurance excess before they get paid right? 

Im not here to argue its pointless. 

Whispering
1 minute ago, scallywally said:

OK OK as i said, you said she would make the same. We dont know her contract but she doesnt earn the same as others its a percentage of profit. Look into it. They arent given a cheque for a sold out tour before it starts. It would be in Live Nations hands there would be a large insurance excess before they get paid right? 

Im not here to argue its pointless. 

Gaga makes thirty per cent of the shows that were completed, like every other big name artist.

The insurance paid for the fees and any money from the cancelled shows.

The insurance increase would be negotiated between the artist and the promoter, but it wouldn't be close to even a million dollars.

This is how insurance works. 

Delulu Rogers
8 hours ago, ryanripley said:

the delusion :air:

just look at britney spears, her tour is selling like crazy after vegas. the demand for gaga is going to grow and she can so easily gross $100mil again :smh: she was easily going to with this tour so again, PLEASE stop acting like it was never going to happen

your comments would have some truth to them if the tickets weren't selling or whatever, but the reason she didn't pass 100 was because of her incurable illness :smh: something nobody can control

Well the demand didn't seem to happen after her SB gig considering she had a hard time selling out Europe and didn't even bother with any other continents. Also, as seen be the other thread recently made, her touring numbers are the lowest ones compared to everyone else. I mean, Beyonce grossed more with Formation that had just 49 dates than TBTWB that had 100+ dates and was when gaga was at her peak. 

With her health issues, shaky tour reputation, and time off from touring, unless she has a super massive era, it IS quite possible we will never see a $100 million tour again. She simply is not a touring force anymore 

scallywally
36 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Gaga makes thirty per cent of the shows that were completed, like every other big name artist.

The insurance paid for the fees and any money from the cancelled shows.

The insurance increase would be negotiated between the artist and the promoter, but it wouldn't be close to even a million dollars.

This is how insurance works. 

I know how insurance works, sold it for years and got the boring diplomas. (Thank god I dont do it now lol). 

Her cancelled re booked dates she wouldntve been paid as much they wouldve had the costs taken out of the first dates and the policy cost would be through the roof. That would change the amount she would be due to be paid. Artists usually get 50% before the tour and the remainder after. If theres cancelled dates They would include the excess deduction out of the policy unless they paid no excess which would still deduct from what she got.

So the re booked dates wouldve hit her handbag more than another artist selling a 100 mill tour, on top of that  if she was on 30% not 50% no she isnt. Thats all I can say, if ive got it incorrect or anybody else says otherwise so be it. 

Archived