politics

Turkey invades Syria

Featured Posts

Melech   Paws Up 6,853
Melech

"Turkish troops have launched a ground invasion of a Kurdish enclave in north-west Syria, drawing Ankara into a difficult new front in the seven-year civil war and placing further strain on its troubled ties with the US. On Sunday Turkish media reported Binali Yildirim, Turkey’s prime minister, as saying that a four-phase plan was under way to create a secure zone 30km deep into Syrian territory. “Our units crossed into Afrin at 11.05am,” he said. “The land operation has begun.” The offensive seeks to clear the Kurdish enclave on Turkey’s border of fighters who Ankara regards as terrorists posing a threat to its own territorial integrity but risks inflaming tensions within Syria and with the west. Turkish officials said the ground invasion was being conducted in conjunction with Turkish-backed members of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) rebel group. Kurdish officials and residents in the Afrin region reported heavy clashes on several fronts along the Turkish-Syrian border, with artillery fire and air strikes. The Turkish border towns of Reyhanli and Kilis were hit with retaliatory rocket fire, killing one person and injuring 32, according to Turkish media."

https://www.ft.com/content/230312de-fea1-11e7-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

• YAAAS 1
  • Sad 4

thierryrreiht   Paws Up 8,003
thierryrreiht

and here we are in Charts threads trying to predict the sales of Gaga's next (unannounced) album, and its release date, and its sound, and its spot on BB200, and the amount of radio spins, and..

:saladga:

damn our priorities are so off

Edited by thierryrreiht
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

VasilisVas   Paws Up 1,008
VasilisVas

Is Turkey ever going to stop? War with the Greeks, Armenia genocide, invasion of northern Cyprus, etc. Now this? And then Turkey wonders why nobody wants them to join the European Union. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

metalguru   Paws Up 88
metalguru
54 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

Is Turkey ever going to stop? War with the Greeks, Armenia genocide, invasion of northern Cyprus, etc. Now this? And then Turkey wonders why nobody wants them to join the European Union. 

Please add Kurdish oppression and Turkey's support to Radical Islam to the list!!

• Like 3

kyanewest   Paws Up 2,527
kyanewest

This just proves how the middle east has always been a loop, the problems are never ending, you solve one and it creates another one, etc etc  quite infinite actually, when will it stop? Who knows

Edited by kyanewest
don't ban me

JoAnn Fabrics   Paws Up 210
JoAnn Fabrics
1 hour ago, thierryrreiht said:

and here we are in Charts threads trying to predict the sales of Gaga's next (unannounced) album, and its release date, and its sound, and its spot on BB200, and the amount of radio spins, and..

There's not really anything we can do about this situation at all. Those two things arent even close to being related.

Now im just picturing all of the hunties on this cult site trying to physically stop a war :saladga:

• Like 1

PerfectGUY   Paws Up 1,108
PerfectGUY
1 hour ago, thierryrreiht said:

I mean what we do is no more sillier than what most of people in the world do

Yes we should pay attention and be concerned (what most of us on here are) but that doesn't mean whe shouldn't keep doing what we like.... :stalkga:

thierryrreiht   Paws Up 8,003
thierryrreiht
18 minutes ago, JoAnn Fabrics said:

There's not really anything we can do about this situation at all. Those two things arent even close to being related.

12 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

I mean what we do is no more sillier than what most of people in the world do

Yes we should pay attention and be concerned (what most of us on here are) but that doesn't mean whe shouldn't keep doing what we like.... 

I just mean that rather than speak through the void (predicting charts etc) there are more useful things to do, for our own well-being (as a fanbase, and mostly little chartsters that seem to have a full time job at analyzing charts around the world and posting about it....) and around us.

:awkney:

• Like 1

PerfectGUY
Just now, thierryrreiht said:

I just mean that rather than speak through the void (predicting charts etc) there are more useful things to do, for our own well-being (as a fanbase, and mostly little chartsters that seem to have a full time job at analyzing charts around the world and posting about it....) and around us.

:awkney:

people have fun playing soccer .... some have fun talking gossips .... other have fun talking charts ...

I mean .... what point are you trying to make :oprah:

• Like 2

Arcanum   Paws Up 1,660
Arcanum
2 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

I confess we are lost in the age of the social. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

hellothing   Paws Up 2,622
hellothing
30 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

people have fun playing soccer .... some have fun talking gossips .... other have fun talking charts ...

I mean .... what point are you trying to make :oprah:

I believe he's saying a world where all cares a little is way better than a world where no one cares at all.

Let's be nice to each other <3

PerfectGUY
6 minutes ago, hellothing said:

I believe he's saying a world where all cares a little is way better than a world where no one cares at all.

I guess that this topic proves that people in here care a little ...

• Like 1

hellothing   Paws Up 2,622
hellothing
11 hours ago, PerfectGUY said:

I guess that this topic proves that people in here care a little ...

Yeah, a lot of people will only see things in perspective once they're there smh. Not everyone can have wide lenses

Let's be nice to each other <3

Derpplause   Paws Up 24,101
Derpplause
13 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

I want my damn LG6 before the world ends....so no my priorities are not off :crossed: 

On a more serious note: yes our priorities are off as fvck :saladga::cryga: 

• Thanks 1