Favorite Post-Confessions Madge album

The Bling

Which one do you prefer?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Your best Madge

• Hard Candy (2008)
    • MDNA (2012)
    • Rebel Heart (2015)
    • I'll be extra and say Celebration (2009)
    • None, her early work is better :poot:
    • I'll wait for #M14

Featured Posts

Henri Bardot
49 minutes ago, The Bling said:

Autotune Baby

oh my god that mess :madge: i had forgotten about it 

pooiota

sipthistea

None. It's all free falling from there :laughga:

Her best album is, and will always be Ray Of Light.

How could she go from that to MDMA? Or Bitch I'm Madonna? 

DimitrisARTPOP

1) Hard Candy. A good album and very underrated among fans and critics. It's full of bobs and dance anthems. Incredible is the worst song of the album and one of her worst. I love She's Not Me & Beat Goes On.
2) Rebel Heart. I like the concept of the album but it aged so badly for an M album (all her previous works except MDNA sounds so fresh and new). The album had so much potential but the leak ruined everything. Inside Out & Hold Tight are GOLD
3) MDNA. Definetelly her worst album, she was working in a movie at this time and she didn't give a f*ck about the album. The half of the album is fillers and bad songs. Birthday Song is her worst song ever, even I'm Going Bananas is better!

Anderson123

Rebel Heart just because of Devil Pray, Wash All Over Me and Heartbreak City. I do love Hard Candy and appreciate that Timbaland sound but it's an album I go back every once in a while, it does not deserve the hate it gets. MDNA was a huge disappointment to me but at least it has a couple of good songs like I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, Girl Gone Wild and Masterpiece.

ordinarynam1310

Hard Candy = Rebel Heart, I didn't even listen to MDNA besides the singles. Girl Gone Wild is great though. 

I feel like with these 3 albums, Madge was trying to hop on what trendy, which made her success gone downfall. 

Edit: hope she delivers something new on her next album

lost in limbo

1. Rebel Heart

2. Hard Candy

3. MDNA

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Didymus

Hard Candy and MDNA are so underrated :icega: Rebel Heart on the other hand :trollga: Anyway, to each his own. My fav is definitely HC, followed by MDNA. Celebration's second disc is a MESS :cryga:

Arcanum

Νothing will ever top her earlier work. If it were any other artist I would say Rebel Heart, but knowing her power, no. Everything post COAD is :reductive:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Arcanum
1 hour ago, DimitrisARTPOP said:

1) Hard Candy. A good album and very underrated among fans and critics. It's full of bobs and dance anthems. Incredible is the worst song of the album and one of her worst. I love She's Not Me & Beat Goes On.
2) Rebel Heart. I like the concept of the album but it aged so badly for an M album (all her previous works except MDNA sounds so fresh and new). The album had so much potential but the leak ruined everything. Inside Out & Hold Tight are GOLD
3) MDNA. Definetelly her worst album, she was working in a movie at this time and she didn't give a f*ck about the album. The half of the album is fillers and bad songs. Birthday Song is her worst song ever, even I'm Going Bananas is better!

Justice for bananas

4NWe.gif

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

dlioncourt91

Rebel Heart definitely. It's the first record where she sounded invest and didn't phone it in. The demos show there was a lot of heart and work put into it before the leaks. The double album idea being nixed by the label definitely is responsible for the album tracklisting feeling random and disjointed. I guess the album shoots were also going to reflect that with the wire/SM look being the Rebel while the Marilyn imagery being the Heart of the record. There will always be a debate of which demo/final version is better but all in all, the promotion of it was a step up, her reflecting on her legacy through her work without it being a cheap reference and the abundance of material. You can literally pick and choose which song, demo you want. Though the mastering, the single choices (releasing them in the six song bundle) and a few odd choices will always be a blemish on a rather strong album. The idea and work was there, the leaks, the scrapping of the concept and the release strategy were hard to ignore.

Hard Candy is just Madonna being in a producer's hands. The JT/Timbaland/Pharrell sound was already done when she decided to do this record. Sure, it has a vibe of her earlier work but it became the first instance of her using that crow high singing that is very noticeable in Heartbeat and Incredible. It was unexpected that's for sure after the Confessions success and was the end of her time at Warners but I also felt this album was half baked in so many ways. Lyrically (apart from a few songs) it's very weak,  her vocals aren't the best and she feels like a featured guest in her own album. Why songs like "Latte" and "Across the Sky" were axed while a horrid track like "Spanish Lesson" made the final tracklisting I'll never know.

MDNA was a rush job, plain and simple. William Orbit even mentioned how she was at her top form but it was hard to recreate the magic between they did for ROL in 1998 because she had so many commitments at the time. Half of the songs were writer's demos meant for her others, the mixing is atrocious, the personal tracks suffer from overprocessed vocals (Love Spent) and the no promo besides the tour and SB really just feels like a tour bundle album. Sure, she gave us bops but from a superstar like Madonna, this is really her giving the bare minimum. Though tracks like "Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Beautiful Killer, Love Spent" show some promise, the other filler and generic tracks bring it down and age it badly.

Archived