Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Real Tea on Gaga

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Saint Laurent said:

When I first heard a Gaga song I was 10/11 so in many ways, when I think about Gaga and her music, so many memories are attached to her because I've essentially grown up listening to her music. I think that's why I love her mostly; because I really can't not, if that makes any sense...

Though, I will never forget Born This Way (the era) and how it made me feel so impressed that somebody could be so ****ing epic.

I was a monster way before then, but ever since I first saw those prosthetics on her face, I just couldn't imagine a world where her creativity and art isn't part of it.

me too girl

i must have been about 13/14 when i discovered Bad Romance and my entire world changed, i had never loved an artist or even payed attention to music until then

she's completely changed my world, a world without her is just not imaginable

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
1 minute ago, Retron said:

She's the best and no one else comes close.

zJ5pI8w.jpg

goals!

lost in limbo

As a kid, my suicide thoughts and panic attacks were triggered due to bullying I received from the kids at my school. I was 7/8 when Gaga released Born This Way. I thought the song was just some bop when I first heard it, but then I saw the translated lyrics (I did that everytime), and those lyrics called out to me. At the time, I didn't know I wasn't straight. I related to the song bc I felt ashamed to not be masculine like other boys, to have suicidal thoughts and to have panic attacks in the middle of crowds. The song helped me remove those thoughts as time went on. Everyday, when a bully went to bully me for liking Barbie movies, or not being good at sports, or playing as female characters, I felt down. But I remembered that Gaga thought I was beautiful and that I was beautiful and born that way. And although the sadness and hurt was still there, I had the strenght to carry on.

It took me almost 2 years, but I managed to become happy, manage the panic attacks and make the suicide thoughts disappear. But then, it was Gaga who was in rock bottom. ARTPOP was being critized, people turned on her, she was being witch-hunted and had severe depression. In the beggining of 2014, anxiety and depression got to me. I was severely depressed, and Gaga was too. This time, she helped me, because I saw what she was going through and I connected with it and that saved me.

It's safe to say that without Gaga, I wouldn't have tried to get help or stick for myself or make an effort to fight. Maybe I would've been more miserable. Maybe I wouldn't be here, had it gone to even worse proportions. Gaga saved me and I'll love her forever, for the talented, kind, amazing human being and artist she is. Her discography is one of the best in the industry and we're lucky to have her.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

South Blonde

Mr. Ripley snapped  :stalkga:

Anyway, on a serious note, thank you for bringing back some common sense in this long-lost cult site :applause:

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

I just had a massive rant at a gain another thread, I just hate to see her be viewed in this negative way. I haven't been on GGD for a few days and this is what I come back to, its wrong. She is fantastic and I'm so proud of her.  I'm glad she cancelled, even though it was my show, she needs to look after herself know. **** all this im in love with this woman and her beautiful art. I'll never stop loving her and I think a LOT of fans won't. It's crazy that people write this **** when she is on here - I'm sorry gaga if you reads this bullshit. Gonna go and meditate. 

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

Saint Laurent
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

me too girl

i must have been about 13/14 when i discovered Bad Romance and my entire world changed, i had never loved an artist or even payed attention to music until then

she's completely changed my world, a world without her is just not imaginable

Preach.

My first time hearing BR was the demo because my local UK radio station somehow got hold of it and confused it with the final version :ladyhaha:

Glamourpuss
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

it's ARTPOP

free urself

E433A51C-3E3A-45D6-818B-FFE3E3ABE284.gif.5501faed2b339d0745fd550bf15e59b8.gif

She looks like a glitchy sim from the Sims 2.

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

As a kid, my suicide thoughts and panic attacks were triggered due to bullying I received from the kids at my school. I was 7/8 when Gaga released Born This Way. I thought the song was just some bop when I first heard it, but then I saw the translated lyrics (I did that everytime), and those lyrics called out to me. At the time, I didn't know I wasn't straight. I related to the song bc I felt ashamed to not be masculine like other boys, to have suicidal thoughts and to have panic attacks in the middle of crowds. The song helped me remove those thoughts as time went on. Everyday, when a bully went to bully me for liking Barbie movies, or not being good at sports, or playing as female characters, I felt down. But I remembered that Gaga thought I was beautiful and that I was beautiful and born that way. And although the sadness and hurt was still there, I had the strenght to carry on.

It took me almost 2 years, but I managed to become happy, manage the panic attacks and make the suicide thoughts disappear. But then, it was Gaga who was in rock bottom. ARTPOP was being critized, people turned on her, she was being witch-hunted and had severe depression. In the beggining of 2014, anxiety and depression got to me. I was severely depressed, and Gaga was too. This time, she helped me, because I saw what she was going through and I connected with it and that saved me.

It's safe to say that without Gaga, I wouldn't have tried to get help or stick for myself or make an effort to fight. Maybe I would've been more miserable. Maybe I wouldn't be here, had it gone to even worse proportions. Gaga saved me and I'll love her forever, for the talented, kind, amazing human being and artist she is. Her discography is one of the best in the industry and we're lucky to have her.

what a beautiful story, i'm so happy to read that gaga managed to help you like this :hug: 

Saint Laurent
2 minutes ago, King J said:

I just had a massive rant at a gain another thread, I just hate to see her be viewed in this negative way. I haven't been on GGD for a few days and this is what I come back to, its wrong. She is fantastic and I'm so proud of her.  I'm glad she cancelled, even though it was my show, she needs to look after herself know. **** all this im in love with this woman and her beautiful art. I'll never stop loving her and I think a LOT of fans won't. It's crazy that people write this **** when she is on here - I'm sorry gaga if you reads this bullshit. Gonna go and meditate. 

It's so crazy because it was never like this back in the day. I guess maybe because when I joined, she was on top.

People just love the gratification of general acceptance (e.g. a number one) when it really just isn't the point at all.

ryanripley
4 minutes ago, South Blonde said:

Mr. Ripley snapped  :stalkga:

Anyway, on a serious note, thank you for bringing back some common sense in this long-lost cult site :applause:

i snappedT like a twig!!! :giveup: 

She’s the only pop artist I’m a big fan of. The others may have some bops, but they don’t come close to her music :firega:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Archived