Jump to content
opinion

Gaga is wasting her career

Featured Posts

mamo   Paws Up 141
mamo

OK...

So let's just get one thing straight: 

Most popstars work their ENTIRE lives in hopes to achieve what Gaga has done within the first ten years of her career. 

Gaga not only just solidified herself as a popstar but she is an established icon (unbiased) not just in music but fashion too. As much as the 'critics' and 'haters' want to disregard the work she's done, it's impossible to not recognise the change Gaga has achieved in the music industry at such a young age. 

Also the fact that someone of her stature has the guts to release a jazz record and has the vocals to back it up - when will any other popstar?! 

and finally to the people who want gaga to have a 'MJ thriller' type phase need to listen to the fame monster again. BAD ROMANCE IS HER THRILLER - SHE WON'T EVER TOP IT AND THAT'S OK. TEA SPILLED. 

lady_gaga_is_facing_high_stakes_this_mon

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didymus   Paws Up 18,271
Didymus
32 minutes ago, mamo said:

Most popstars work their ENTIRE lives in hopes to achieve what Gaga has done within the first ten years of her career.

This really needs to be relativized though. She achieved what she did because of her uniqueness, nerve and talent, for sure, but also because of the mountains of dollars Interscope threw at her in those early years :cryga:

In fact, the real test is if you'll survive when that backing stops and you have to convince the public without the promotion tricks, based on your actual work. So her immediate downfall after that initial "cumshot" of fame (to use one of Gaga's own analogies) can actually be seen as equally important and meaningful. Just sayin'.

36 minutes ago, mamo said:

Also the fact that someone of her stature has the guts to release a jazz record and has the vocals to back it up - when will any other popstar?!

Agreed with this though. No one else could've pulled that off.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SDG91   Paws Up 250
SDG91
8 hours ago, BloodyM said:

Thank you! I was about to mention P!nk! She always takes a 4-5 year break between albums and bounces back to the top (Even though she has been struggling with the latest album/messy promo it took) 

Yeah, I'm actually not the biggest fan of this one, but who knows, maybe it'll grow on me. She IS still doing well with selling the arenas out for her tour though! I'm excited to see her in May at her basically sold-out show here in Seattle :D It'll be my second time seeing her. Last time was October 2013, which again, is a longer stretch than it was for Gaga, who I've seen 3x (October 2013 to May 2018 vs. January 2013 to August 2014 to August 2017). People just need to calm down. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kellas   Paws Up 26
Kellas
15 hours ago, Doot said:

That sounds like an infection waiting to happen. Do you know how dirty money is?

That's Money...Honey :trollga:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaLuna   Paws Up 5,220
LaLuna

This type of thread is the reason why we need the Excuse me no button back :madge:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick   Paws Up 36,344
PartySick
On 2/12/2018 at 5:01 PM, Haroon said:

She could be 90 and release a bubblegum pop album if she wanted to, or death metal

PLEASE :cryga::cryga::cryga:

I'm seriously DYING to hear MetalGa :giveup:

  • Like 4
💙I know where I'm going💙

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
scallywally   Paws Up 452
scallywally
12 hours ago, mamo said:

OK...

So let's just get one thing straight: 

Most popstars work their ENTIRE lives in hopes to achieve what Gaga has done within the first ten years of her career. 

Gaga not only just solidified herself as a popstar but she is an established icon (unbiased) not just in music but fashion too. As much as the 'critics' and 'haters' want to disregard the work she's done, it's impossible to not recognise the change Gaga has achieved in the music industry at such a young age. 

Also the fact that someone of her stature has the guts to release a jazz record and has the vocals to back it up - when will any other popstar?! 

and finally to the people who want gaga to have a 'MJ thriller' type phase need to listen to the fame monster again. BAD ROMANCE IS HER THRILLER - SHE WON'T EVER TOP IT AND THAT'S OK. TEA SPILLED. 

lady_gaga_is_facing_high_stakes_this_mon

 

 

 

Gagas done amazing!!

As for each of your facts, google is your friend. Its not for me to pull up the receipts. Quite a lot bring out jazz albums, people roll their eyes when they do. Her fashion is laughed lets be honest and shes never had a Thriller, a Purple rain, a seargent peppers, a Faith, a ROL, a 25, a rattle and hum even though its amazing! It might've been ground breaking for us but seriously in broad terms she hasn't had a classic yet. FM was a rocket, it did so well, such a brilliant album for her success. But c'mon if you can say that then 1989 was. 

What I mean is those moments like a Thriller moment is that everyone you knew had it in their homes of all ages. She hasn't had that yet and I cant wait till it comes. 

But to have a talent and voice and make it to be known worldwide and make people happy is amazing to do. Its so hard and she accomplished it! Shes even made a movie! Thats impressive. 

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShockPop   Paws Up 5,212
ShockPop

"She quit music and started doing jazz" I can't continue to humour stupidity like this. Turn off your internet.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BloodyM   Paws Up 345
BloodyM
14 hours ago, SDG91 said:

Yeah, I'm actually not the biggest fan of this one, but who knows, maybe it'll grow on me. She IS still doing well with selling the arenas out for her tour though! I'm excited to see her in May at her basically sold-out show here in Seattle :D It'll be my second time seeing her. Last time was October 2013, which again, is a longer stretch than it was for Gaga, who I've seen 3x (October 2013 to May 2018 vs. January 2013 to August 2014 to August 2017). People just need to calm down. 

I'm still hoping for a European Tour :( Enjoy the show for me!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SDG91   Paws Up 250
SDG91
9 hours ago, BloodyM said:

I'm still hoping for a European Tour :( Enjoy the show for me!

Thanks, hopefully she’ll come to you guys after us and Australia!

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allan   Paws Up 1,455
Allan

EXCUSE ME THE **** YOU NO. Gaga has accomplished A LOT in the past 10 years and is working her way on the "legend" status. I don't know what she's gonna do after her 40s, but for sure I know and have receipts that she is NOT wasting her career.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×