Featured Posts

SwissMonster

And there we have the next „What are Gaga’s mistakes“- Thread :selena:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saade Baena

She has lost her popstar status and now people see her as an old woman :saladga: To regain everything will be difficult but not impossible

ryanripley
28 minutes ago, baptism said:

You're right, she's doing "well" - that's a great way to put it. But does she want to do "well" or do you think she is capable of doing better? It seems like she is constantly having an identity crisis and it does affect her image and her music. Right now she is dating a man closer to 50 than to her own age, booked a Vegas residency, cancelled her tour twice due to pain, and put out a documentary about everything wrong with her life (and the Superbowl I guess). It's aging her and it's not a good look. 

By no means would I say that her catalog of music is the easiest to listen to. Some if it is very inaccessible but if she is focusing on leaving a legacy she's going to have to make some music that can be remembered that transcends time and stop relying on Bad Romance and Poker Face. 

Joanne is that album :poot: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

baptism
4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

Joanne is that album :poot: 

I don't agree at all. Joanne didn't make enough impact culturally and the music is not at all timeless unfortunately. 

Jellybean Monster

Madonna didn't even get really famous until she was like 25. Her career prime was in her 30's, and she's still going strong today and she's almost 60.  Sia didn't become a big star until she was almost 40, the game is changing, there's no reason why Gaga couldn't still do the "popstar thing" at 40, if she wants to. 

I think if the person has the hunger for it, they will continue to succeed regardless of age. 

ryanripley
Just now, baptism said:

I don't agree at all. Joanne didn't make enough impact culturally and the music is not at all timeless unfortunately. 

lol k

xKvhXeD.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Reality

Firstly, Gaga is not just another "pop star." She's someone who takes pride in what they do and she's someone who will constantly evolve and change. She's always was someone who thought outside of the box, and someone who won't conform to someone else's standards. I have a really hard time understanding why some of you guys won't accept that. This is who you decided to support. 

Sure, there may be things that you don't like, but to say that she's "wasting her career" is ludicrous and absurd. If anything, she's expanding her horizons and branching out into different things. We should praise her for that. While other artists are collaborating with rappers (not that there's anything wrong with rap, it's just a very common thing in today's music age), she's collaborating with literal jazz and pop/rock music legends. 

She has always been someone who continues to "zig" instead of "zag." Her ability to be versatile is one of the main reasons you decided to support someone like her. She'll still continue to do pop music, of course, but you have to accept that she's someone that will go different routes throughout that journey, and that's okay. Again, this is someone you decided to support and she's made it very evident and clear that this is the kind of person she is. 

🖤👹

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, baptism said:

delulu

especially when joanne literally has 2 page long "IMPACT" section on wikipedia just one and a half years after the album got released

VictoriaWinters

What kind of ageist s**t is it to say that Gaga's career will be over when she hits 40? Are we just going to act like Madonna, Cher, Mariah, Stevie, Dolly, Cyndi etc. etc. etc. don't exist? There is no age limit to making any kind of music. :triggered:

Xoxo, Victoria

Murph Masters

Girl, no. Let's look at one of Gaga's biggest influences: David Bowie. Things to take note of: the  first platinum album was the Ziggy Stardust album, which was his FIFTH album and came 5 years after the first record. Man That Sold the World and Space Oddity appear between the first album and the Ziggy Stardust album, both great albums but not as successful. He didn't have another platinum album after Ziggy until Scary Monsters and Super Creeps eight years later. Both the Diamond Dogs album and the Heroes album were released in this eight year period, both successful albums, but not platinum. Directly after SMSC comes Let's Dance. This album is wildly different than Ziggy Stardust. It is a full fifteen years after Bowie's first album but goes platinum and number one all over the world. It introduces and entire different Bowie than what Ziggy Stardust introduced. The next two albums, Tonight and Never Let Me Down, both go platinum. His next platinum album doesn't come until 2013's The Next Day. FORTY-FIVE YEARS after his debut album, and TWENTY-FIVE YEARS after Never Let Me Down. After that is Bowies final album. For arguments sake, I won't include it - because of course it was successful after his unexpected death. But the point remains, lots of people thought Bowie was over, lots of times. Sometimes he changed directions and made new fans while losing others. But mostly, he just stayed true to himself and kept writing and his career, and success, continued until he literally couldn't write anymore songs. Because that's what great musicians do. Gaga is an amazing musician and songwriter. The bitch ain't going no where unless she wants to! Her career will have ups and downs, there will be things some fans like and things other fans like and things that some fans won't like, of course. That's a part of the business. 

Edge Of Venus
2 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Ok here's the tea. When Gaga first broke into the scene in 2008, she was still in her early 20's. She was 22 I believe? And now she is already 32. Every year she gets older, and if she continues to make music we probably will only get 2-3 more album cycles until she is...40. Wow. It feels like she is already at the end of her career as a "pop star". If she wants to go in a different direction then she should go for it, but it's sad knowing that we might only get 1-2 more pop albums from her before she quits pop music...

Gaga is a unique case for pop stars because after her 4th album she quit music and did jazz/acting/tributes, and now it feels like she is going more heavily into the acting realm. Meanwhile, most pop stars start early at around 20, then push out maybe 7-9 pop albums before they reach the age 40. I just feel like the GP will lose interest as Gaga gets older (as they do for almost every pop star) and that Gaga kinda is "wasting" the limited time she has as a pop star to do jazz, acting, etc. like she could do it when she is 40, ya know? But instead she started to do jazz in her 30's and basically abandoned her pop star persona for a good amount of the past 3 years. 

In the end she should do whatever she wants but... I just wish she focused more on pop because there will be a time soon that she will be too old to get the interest of the public, and eventually the new "crazy pop princess" will step into the scene... and I feel like she is wasting the time left by not focusing on soemthing that she is INSANELY good at & known for: pop music. 

wyd? Madonna has released like 6 POP albums after she turnt 40. 

Archived