Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is wasting her career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Ok here's the tea. When Gaga first broke into the scene in 2008, she was still in her early 20's. She was 22 I believe? And now she is already 32. Every year she gets older, and if she continues to make music we probably will only get 2-3 more album cycles until she is...40. Wow. It feels like she is already at the end of her career as a "pop star". If she wants to go in a different direction then she should go for it, but it's sad knowing that we might only get 1-2 more pop albums from her before she quits pop music...

Gaga is a unique case for pop stars because after her 4th album she quit music and did jazz/acting/tributes, and now it feels like she is going more heavily into the acting realm. Meanwhile, most pop stars start early at around 20, then push out maybe 7-9 pop albums before they reach the age 40. I just feel like the GP will lose interest as Gaga gets older (as they do for almost every pop star) and that Gaga kinda is "wasting" the limited time she has as a pop star to do jazz, acting, etc. like she could do it when she is 40, ya know? But instead she started to do jazz in her 30's and basically abandoned her pop star persona for a good amount of the past 3 years. 

In the end she should do whatever she wants but... I just wish she focused more on pop because there will be a time soon that she will be too old to get the interest of the public, and eventually the new "crazy pop princess" will step into the scene... and I feel like she is wasting the time left by not focusing on soemthing that she is INSANELY good at & known for: pop music. 

Edit : ok thanks everyone for your input. Tbh I wasn't really saying she should quit pop At 40, I guess what I meant is she should focus on pop now mainly because there is definitely ageism in the music industry and the older she is the less people will be interested in her music. Obviously I'm comparing the overall success of her career VS what she wants to do, but in the end it's up to her & she should do what makes her happy. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sepsami

:saladga: I don't where to begin, like, you're not her manager :selena: 

she's still majorly succesful and if anything, going away and doing jazz/acting helped reshape her image, I don't think Joanne would've been so succesful if she didn't take that time away from popmusic. :gaycat:

Also, please for the love of gags change this title :madge: 

donutellha

she's grown as an artist and won't keep up with the new kids in the streaming age.

thing is- she's not meant to, and she's embracing her true craft.

all because it's not edm doesn't mean it's not experimental.

nK1O0gd.gif 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Contrapoints

You're entitled to your opinions, sure. But Gaga is also entitled to make her own career choices how she sees fit.

Next.

giphy.gif

Haroon

There's no age limit to pop music :shrug: People may not be interested in older pop people but that doesn't mean that they won't still do pop, I think it'll be the same with Gaga. I don't think she'll let age dictate what type of music she makes, I mean she did jazz of all things in her mid-late 20s after all and that's known as a genre for older people :laughga: There's no time limit she has to make pop music, it's not like she'll reach 40/50 and suddenly not be able to make pop music anymore. She could be 90 and release a bubblegum pop album if she wanted to, or death metal or classical or anything else under the sun. People liking different genres from different aged people is a different matter though, but I don't think we should try to box Gaga into doing specific genres just because of her age - it's just a number after all :sweat:

ryanripley

okay mess, this is just full of unneeded ageism

so many popstars are still making music way over 40 years old like... where did these thoughts even come from? 

she's already had amazing commerial success. Joanne was a successful era so it's not like she's in decline, all because it won't be hits 20 years from now doesn't mean she should stop just because she's old

imagine someone telling you to stop doing what you love because you're old lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Chromatic
8 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Ok here's the tea. When Gaga first broke into the scene in 2008, she was still in her early 20's. She was 22 I believe? And now she is already 32. Every year she gets older, and if she continues to make music we probably will only get 2-3 more album cycles until she is...40. Wow. It feels like she is already at the end of her career as a "pop star".

Stopped reading after this. Sorry, but I call bullshit. Her age has nothing to do with her career. I doubt we've even seen half of what she's got in her. 

We can say many things about Gaga but we can't say she isn't versatile.

lady-gaga-instagram.jpg:stalkga:

angels forever, forever angels

PeachJug

David Bowie started branching genres and strayed from pop music but maintained his success and popularity, and even came back into pop later on

hes a legend

gaga is the same

Archived