Kesha is an icon!

CarlsJrJepsen

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
1 hour ago, TheCureMonster said:

I mean I love Liability but the emotion and story and the fight that had to be put behind Praying just makes it more significant to me. Both Lorde and Kesha are amazing though and served amazing albums in the past year!

Idk I love Lorde and think shes amazing. I just also think Melodrama is critically overrated and ultimately just a Jack Antonoff helmed Lorde-does-T-Swift session which is ultimately why it received so much acclaim and that grammy nod for which I question how much it actually deserved it. Pure Heroine was overall just so much better imo. Melodrama ranges from pleasantly boring to generic.

CarlsJrJepsen
2 hours ago, Inferno said:

Idk I love Lorde and think shes amazing. I just also think Melodrama is critically overrated and ultimately just a Jack Antonoff helmed Lorde-does-T-Swift session which is ultimately why it received so much acclaim and that grammy nod for which I question how much it actually deserved it. Pure Heroine was overall just so much better imo. Melodrama ranges from pleasantly boring to generic.

I agree that Pure Heroine is great. But I personally enjoyed Melodrama a bit more. I guess we can agree to disagree! :music::D

Icon should have good songs , her songs are mediocre

Good sales , she can't sell

Good vocals , ehm Grammys 2018

No thank you.

ALGAYDO
3 minutes ago, AndyGa said:

No thank you.

She was a better seller than Gaga and was also a bigger streaming force. So your argument is 100% invalid since Gaga can become an icon with similar success as Kesha. Also, “good” songs are subjective lmao 

Ferrer Zorola
29 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

She was a better seller than Gaga and was also a bigger streaming force. So your argument is 100% invalid since Gaga can become an icon with similar success as Kesha. Also, “good” songs are subjective lmao 

bsh where? lmao 

you do know Kesha was the response from her label to Interscope’s Gaga right? They wanted a slice of the cake Gaga represented.

Your love is my drug’s intro is eerily similar to Poker Face’s

and going back to your bold statement... in what planet or alternate Marvel Cinematic Universe Animal / Cannibal sold more than The Fame / MONSTER, when did Warrior sold more than Born This Way? I also highly doubt Rainbow surpassed ARTPOP or to be more fair, Joanne’s sales.

I like ha but she has a LONG way to get compared to Gaga.  

LIFE IS GOOD

ALGAYDO
7 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

bsh where? lmao 

you do know Kesha was the response from her label to Interscope’s Gaga right? They wanted a slice of the cake Gaga represented.

Your love is my drug’s intro is eerily similar to Poker Face’s

and going back to your bold statement... in what planet or alternate Marvel Cinematic Universe Animal / Cannibal sold more than The Fame / MONSTER, when did Warrior sold more than Born This Way? I also highly doubt Rainbow surpassed ARTPOP or to be more fair, Joanne’s sales.

I like ha but she has a LONG way to get compared to Gaga.  

Kesha is a singles artists. As a single artists (just like Katy Perry) a lot of her singles out-performed Gaga’s singles. Gaga is an Album artist, it’s tricky to compare the two. But it’s still comparable. I know Kesha isn’t on Gaga’s level, it’s idiotic to assume so. But to claim that she had bad songs, doesn’t have commercial success and can’t sing is pure and utter bullsh*t. Sorry to break the news to y’all, but her old catalog gets just as much attention as Gaga’s does, and she’s had every right to be claimed as an up and coming icon by those of us who pay attention to the world outside of GGD :ladyhaha:

Solitaiire
42 minutes ago, AndyGa said:

No thank you.

:triggered:

anyways:lolly:

Ferrer Zorola
22 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Kesha is a singles artists. As a single artists (just like Katy Perry) a lot of her singles out-performed Gaga’s singles. Gaga is an Album artist, it’s tricky to compare the two. But it’s still comparable. I know Kesha isn’t on Gaga’s level, it’s idiotic to assume so. But to claim that she had bad songs, doesn’t have commercial success and can’t sing is pure and utter bullsh*t. Sorry to break the news to y’all, but her old catalog gets just as much attention as Gaga’s does, and she’s had every right to be claimed as an up and coming icon by those of us who pay attention to the world outside of GGD :ladyhaha:

is Tik Tok diamond, though?

cause two (soon 3) Gaga songs are. 

and to prove you wrong: tik tok and PRAYING (a newer song than million reasons) barely pass 100k youtube views daily. Timber (a feature) barely gets 200k whereas all three Bad Romance, Poker Face and Million Reasons get 200k.

This tea is imported from China đŸžâ˜•ïž

LIFE IS GOOD

ALGAYDO
33 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

is Tik Tok diamond, though?

cause two (soon 3) Gaga songs are. 

and to prove you wrong: tik tok and PRAYING (a newer song than million reasons) barely pass 100k youtube views daily. Timber (a feature) barely gets 200k whereas all three Bad Romance, Poker Face and Million Reasons get 200k.

This tea is imported from China đŸžâ˜•ïž

Oops! I guess you skimmed over the part where I said that Kesha has a similar success repertoire as Gaga. Oh! And you also skimmed the part where I said that a lot of Kesha’s singles had better streams than Gaga, which (particularly before the SB), she did! Oh! And also, you skimmed the part where I said that it’s IDIOTIC to asssume that Kesha is at Gaga’s level when she clearly is not at the same league as Gaga! Oh, lets not mention the fact that I stated that Kesha is seen as an UP AND COMING ICON (not an established one like Gaga or BeyoncĂ©) TOO!  I guess you basically skimmed most of my post haha. I guess the rest of us will sit back an appreciate the icon that Kesha is slowly but surely is becoming. And I’m not even trying to be shady or bitchy or anything. Really, I’m not. But to dismiss everything that I said and only focus on one part is not very observant or nice of you :selena: 

Ferrer Zorola
10 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Oops! I guess you skimmed over the part where I said that she has a similar success repetua as Gaga. Oh! And you also skimmed the part where I said that a lot of Kesha’s singles had better streams than Gaga, which (particularly before the SB), she did! Oh! And also, you skimmed the part where I said that it’s IDIOTIC to asssume that Kesha is at Gaga’s level when she clearly is not at the same league as Gaga! Oh, lets not mention the fact that I stated that Kesha is seen as an UP AND COMING ICON (not an established one like Gaga or BeyoncĂ©) TOO!  I guess you basically skimmed most of my post haha. I guess the rest of us will sit back an appreciate the icon that Kesha is slowly but surely is becoming. And I’m not even trying to be shady or bitchy or anything. Really, I’m not. But to dismiss evening that one said and only focus on one part is not very observant or nice of you :selena: 

Ok it’s fair but I wouldn’t be so confident she’s going to become an icon. An icon needs hits after all and even Gaga is getting behind in that aspect let alone Kesha.

off topic: isn’t it annoying how her previous stuff still include the tacky af ‘$’? 

LIFE IS GOOD

On 2/10/2018 at 10:03 PM, ryanripley said:

icon is a stretch lol

she's great and Praying is one the best songs of 2017 but one good album doesn't make an icon lol

...one? :triggered:

Archived