đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga did not loose her creativity

Quark

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

Let’s not forget that she is getting older (I know Madonna is reaching 60, and she is still giving us aesthetics).

Her work ethic will change especially with the condition. If she still manages to put so much passion into her work, I’d be very surprised. 

But regardless, I know Gaga loves music and loves performing for us, so I’m happy with what she gives us.

In my messy era.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
16 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Respectfully...:madge:I dont see passion with Joanne personally. And I don't see how it being important to her family makes it creative (also her grandma told her not to dwell on the death of Joanne.) I dont see the fire. Even ARTPOP had that fire. Joanne's videos... don't even get me started there. I want story ga. I want TALES to be told like JUdas, Marry the Night, even Applause (although that whole video harkened back to her previous works, bc she knows they were whatsup lol)

I kind of agree with some things you said...

Trying to say that this album is a gift to her family, hum yeah, only one song is about her family... 

monketsharona
4 hours ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

You guys are still on this sh*t.

I mean, Joanne is supposed to be her stripped back era, what do you expect from it? 20 inch hills with a dildo dress? And she still served looks on IG?

The tour/interludes/Coachella proved that she still capable of making crazy visuals not just backstage footage like the MR video. We'll have to wait for the next era.

Kind of agree with  this too. Joanne is over let's move on to see what she has to give to us next era

ShockPop

Creativity doesn't mean sticking to inflatable star costumes or meat dresses. People on this site seem to think otherwise.

Tan Fei

Superbowl itself showcased her creativity. Look at the meaning behind her stage and choreo . The interludes at JWT too . please open your eyes and see 

Cheesy Potatoes

I don't mean to be negative, but if that's called creative, everyone in the biz is creative

just no

sipthistea

I think y'all like to freak out over minor things like Gaga's costumes and music videos, when this whole era was about the music itself. I mean, she herself was wondering about whether we would like her without the high visuals or not, and her friends told her that it would be ok 'cause the era was about the emotion and the feeling.

Guess they were wrong 'cause it seems like many of you gave 2 cents about Gaga opening her soul through this album. And what were you expecting? High heels and tons of make up for a personal era? To me, this is one of the most creative things she's ever made. She let people know her by her name. I think these decisions have allowed her to embrace her past and finally accept herself. 

She's not hiding anymore, and she will be able to give us her art and her heart from now on. 

Kindness Ponk
2 hours ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Let’s not forget that she is getting older (I know Madonna is reaching 60, and she is still giving us aesthetics).

Her work ethic will change especially with the condition. If she still manages to put so much passion into her work, I’d be very surprised. 

But regardless, I know Gaga loves music and loves performing for us, so I’m happy with what she gives us.

Since when wearing the same old blond wig for ten years is “aesthetic”?

SlaeUrAnus
4 minutes ago, GigiHadid said:

Since when wearing the same old blond wig for ten years is “aesthetic”?

Madonna has still gave a lot of integrity besides a wig... :interestinga:

In my messy era.

Didymus
2 hours ago, dynamite said:

Joanne is more organic and all about the music. It's real music, more stripped back than her other stuff. Not every album has to have synths, "sick beats", killer videos and new outfits to gawk over every day. That would get old. It's necessary to see a different side.

I have a problem with that assessment though :trollga: Rant initiated.

Just gonna leave the awful "real music" comment aside, but even apart from that I never thought this argumentation worked. She's released stripped back songs with "real instruments" in the spotlight since 2008 :gum: She already showed that side with Again Again, Brown Eyes, Speechless, YoĂĽ and I, The Queen (2nd half), the Country Road version of Born This Way, her holiday EP, Dope, and the countless acoustic/stripped down performances, as well as the jazz etc. performances :saladga:

Now before you argue that Joanne was 100% stripped down, obviously that's false. Most tracks feature electronic elements, and there are three fully electronic dance tracks on it (with acoustic decoration only). Obviously the album features more acoustic elements, but she did not go far enough to describe the whole album as "stripped back" or "analog" or whatever. Obviously every Gaga album does need synths, "sick beats", killer videos (minus Million Reasons and the piano version of Joanne, but you can easily make comparisons with earlier Gaga video's: not all of them were ridiculously expensive or busy) and new outfits every day 'cause that's exactly what Gaga did for Joanne :stalkga:  If she was serious about the "real music" thing she'd have dropped John Wayne, Dancin' in Circles and Perfect Illusion in an instant.

I genuinely think that the fans who were disappointed by Joanne had no problem seeing a "different side" (god knows we already knew that side was shown 1000x since 2008), I think the music and the era still strayed way too far to the general formula without delivering the goods, thus ending up lackluster for them.

Upon hearing the album I instantly compared it to Shania Twain's Come on Over and Madonna's Music albums. Out of those three albums Joanne is the least stripped back and the most obviously radio friendly in design. Shania and Madge's eras were hugely successful and influential, so I refuse to see Joanne as some kind of boundary-pushing statement for stripped back "real music". People have no problem dealing with the difference when the end product is of quality :interestinga: How else did this fanbase survive the transition from The Fame to The Fame Monster?

MelbHawker

Her creative direction post Born This Way has been less demanding of our attention. ARTPOP was very messy and her creativity was limited due to external factors. I still make a point of watching videos like 'Paparazzi', 'Alejandro' & 'Judas'. I'm still blown away by them. Nothing makes me want to rewatch the 'Million Reasons' video. I'm not saying her MV are the only way in which she expresses creativity, I'm using this as an example to explain my first sentence.

Her musicality though, has remained top notch. 

Lord Temptation

Examples of creativity :firega: in the Joanne era 2016-2018 (for the lessers who did not already comprehend :excuseu:)

1) Gaga learned to play a new music instrument (guitar)

2) Gaga jumped off of a stadium roof during the most watched musical performance in history; performed marathon set of dance choreography and aerial acrobatics

3) The interludes for her sold out world tour are her most aesthetically and sonically idiosyncratic (the rhino one is a masterpiece :cryga:, very David Lynch meets Quentin Tarantino)

4) Completes a dive bar tour (WTF?! :sis: I mean who would dare do that?!)

5) Reintroduces a politically-divided America to an album about Americana and home, sparking a wave of other artists singing about family, forgiveness and unity with the earth

6) The pink cowboy hat, simple, beautiful yet both masculine and feminine, is now more iconic than her meat dress, armadillo shoes, seashell bikini or born this way egg vessel (seethe haters :derpga:)

And that’s that on that just for starters :queenga:

Archived