💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga did not loose her creativity

Quark

Featured Posts

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I feel like some of you guys are missing the point of the original post and a lot of what other people are trying to say. Her "creativity" is not just limited by how many crazy and eclectic costumes she wears, or how much makeup she puts on, but it's much more than that.

Joanne is an inherently non-creative era; it just is. Joanne wasn't meant to be this avant-garde, posh, over-the-top era because if it was, she would have relayed that message to us. Joanne, as an album, was about Stefani, not Gaga. It was about her family, things that truly matter to her, and it was an album that was suppose to represent "Lady Gaga without the fame"—something she put on her Twitter bio during the beginning of the era. 

Gaga has not lost her creativity because of more tame visuals. She was purposefully doing that in order to put the music in the forefront. She even said in the Five Foot Two documentary that she realized that she didn't need all the wigs and makeup in order to convey a powerful and meaningful message.

The visuals are always used throughout the era to highlight the music, and that's what she did. She had a more "stripped down" album and to correlate it with more "stripped down visuals". That goes for the music videos as well. 

She's shown she can be creative through the Super Bowl, the John Wayne music video, JWT interludes, Coachella, etc. She hasn't lost it. This was done purposefully and is in no way an example of her "losing her creativity." 

tea!

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DoremonLove
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I feel like some of you guys are missing the point of the original post and a lot of what other people are trying to say. Her "creativity" is not just limited by how many crazy and eclectic costumes she wears, or how much makeup she puts on, but it's much more than that.

Joanne is an inherently non-creative era; it just is. Joanne wasn't meant to be this avant-garde, posh, over-the-top era because if it was, she would have relayed that message to us. Joanne, as an album, was about Stefani, not Gaga. It was about her family, things that truly matter to her, and it was an album that was suppose to represent "Lady Gaga without the fame"—something she put on her Twitter bio during the beginning of the era. 

Gaga has not lost her creativity because of more tame visuals. She was purposefully doing that in order to put the music in the forefront. She even said in the Five Foot Two documentary that she realized that she didn't need all the wigs and makeup in order to convey a powerful and meaningful message.

The visuals are always used throughout the era to highlight the music, and that's what she did. She had a more "stripped down" album and to correlate it with more "stripped down visuals". That goes for the music videos as well. 

She's shown she can be creative through the Super Bowl, the John Wayne music video, JWT interludes, Coachella, etc. She hasn't lost it. This was done purposefully and is in no way an example of her "losing her creativity." 

If only technology was so advanced that i could i hug u right now:golfclap:

How can anoyone not love gaga

FrankGutz
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

no but you're always on this forum acting like ARTPOP is underrated

well, that is true tho :gum:  but i also enjoyed BTW, TFM & TF and think were supercreative, with great visuals

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz
3 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Oh u edited ur comment:triggered: maybe time for u to run to some other so called sparky and creative pop star:triggered:

i already do follow more creative artists that dont sell out sis, chill :sis:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

ryanripley
4 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

well, that is true tho :gum:  but i also enjoyed BTW, TFM & TF and think were supercreative, with great visuals

it's not true if the majority of fans love it lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

nattuggla
Just now, FrankGutz said:

I am curious. Who is that? :)

DoremonLove
1 minute ago, FrankGutz said:

Good for u:golfclap:

How can anoyone not love gaga

FrankGutz
Just now, nattuggla said:

I am curious. Who is that? :)

Björk, Esthero, Massive Attack, Garbage, Bonobo, Air, Zero 7, etc... **** like that :trollga:  obvioulsy in a pop forum ill only talk about the pop artists i listen :gum: 

KingRedd

I just think being “crazy” became to normal. After Gaga, every one started being way more shocking and fashion forward and bizarre. ARTPOP suffered to me because the GP was so used to seeing Gaga do the “crazy” thing and that album era overloaded on the crazy visuals. 

I think her style is a cycle so she will most likely go back to the sutble creative vibes she had during The Fame and some of The Fame Monster. BTW is when her creativity became disliked by people. Now that the industry is leaning more towards stripped back performances, it’s a good time for her to return to a new era with TFM vibes.

May I Read You? 😎

ProdigyARTPOP
58 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I'm a little hesitant to say her creative spark is still alive and well when we went from this

Gaga-Bad-romance-gif-lady-gaga-23250148-480-270.gifdadr2.gif

tumblr_l3petxlD5I1qa2nz2o1_400.gifgiphy.gif

To this

B48soK9.gif

I'm not hating on her. She is allowed to do whatever she wants and that's perfectly fine by me. But you can't try to convince me that her creativity hasn't been dampened over the years.

So her not painting her face or not being covered in jewels is uncreative??? 

1 hour ago, Nicogly said:

Lets NEVER forget ARTPOP where she meditated at the feet of the Berlin Wall in Venus get up, where she worked with Marina Abramovic and Koons. She married Greek mythology with modern, hard EDM, very Gothic despite the lack of Gothic visuals. Rememebr THAT beautiful collaboration with Robert Wilson, showcased at THE louvre. Swine with Millie Brown! Applause MV's references! ARTPOP might have had a superficial reading by audiences that weren't engaged in her approach to the ART and POP synchronisation, but it is honestly a very clever work meant for pushing the boundaries of what a POP and MAINSTREAM artist could do with regards to the avant garde and high art world. 

All you said basically makes me wanna cry because all of this is so creative and it’s the Gaga I stanned (way more than the 2008-2011 one) and I can’t believe all of it was ****ed up and that no one even appreciates what did turn out well like those things you said :(

1 hour ago, BloodyJudas said:

1. She used to be more creative simply by making videos of much better quality, with nice visuals to look at and admire. With the Joanne videos, she didn't give a damn about these things. And let's remember Gaga was famous for doing high-budget and stunning visuals. I am right, aren't I?

Except the GP was OVER IT with the long, cinematic, ridiculous videos. She reached her peak long-form video with Paparazzi and Telephone, but each one after that received eye rolls and annoyed people. She even released a shortened version of MTN because people were so annoyed with all the storytelling! People thought Alejandro, BTW, Judas, MTN, and Y&I were over the top and longed to see a "normal" Gaga video again, like Bad Romance (we also got a relatively normal vid for EoG, but that was due to Gaga's fallout with Joseph Kahn). Bad Romance was just the song and contained amazing visuals, looks, themes, etc. That's what people want to see again. 

nattuggla
20 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

Björk, Esthero, Massive Attack, Garbage, Bonobo, Air, Zero 7, etc... **** like that :trollga:  obvioulsy in a pop forum ill only talk about the pop artists i listen :gum: 

But the artists you mentioned here are not the typical definition of a pop star unlike Gaga. So I guess you can't have the same standards/expectations for those artists compared to successful popstars. And usually a lot of commercial popstars are "selling out" to a certain extend to get more successful. 

However with Joanne I don't feel like that. Gaga easily could have released the original LG5 with the RedOne songs. Let's be real it would have fared better commercially worldwide. However Gaga chose the other path where she made a toned-down, very analog album with songs about herself (Stefani), her family and her friends. She could have chosen to make a party album with easy-to-digest lyrics/sounds however she chose to not go the commercial route with this album. 

FrankGutz
20 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

So her not painting her face or not being covered in jewels is uncreative??? 

is it wearing a Pink hat?

FrankGutz
6 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

But the artists you mentioned here are not the typical definition of a pop star unlike Gaga. So I guess you can't have the same standards/expectations for those artists compared to successful popstars. And usually a lot of commercial popstars are "selling out" to a certain extend to get more successful. 

However with Joanne I don't feel like that. Gaga easily could have released the original LG5 with the RedOne songs. Let's be real it would have fared better commercially worldwide. However Gaga chose the other path where she made a toned-down, very analog album with songs about herself (Stefani), her family and her friends. She could have chosen to make a party album with easy-to-digest lyrics/sounds however she chose to not go the commercial route with this album. 

well, i guess ure right, i did had another expections tbh, specially knowing Ronson and Tame Impala were working on the album, ugh, im just praying for the new era :pray:

Archived