Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Oral Fixation (Shakira) - Megarate Submissions

The Bling

Featured Posts

The Bling

Welcome to my first Megarate :firega: And we're here for nothing other, than megarating Shakira's AMAZING album Oral Fixation Vol. 2. Why not Vol. 1 first? 'Cause it's in Spanish babes :poot: And I'm pretty sure that will keep a big part of you away. But if this megarate is successful enough, I might do all of her albums :hor:

Well, into the album:

Shakira's Oral Fixation Vol. 2, is her seventh studio album (or fifth, if we don't count her first two non-official Spanish messes :selena:), and her first one to be entirely in English. The album debuted at #5 on the US Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 128,000 copies; the album was later certified platinum by RIAA and has sold over 1.7 million units in the USA. Additionally, it topped charts in Denmark and Mexico. Globally, the album has sold over 8 million copies.

22.gif

Three singles were released from the album. The lead single, Don't Bother, reached #42 on the US Billboard Hot 100. The second single, Hips Don't Lie, was included on the album's re-issue. It reached #1 on charts in at least 55 countries, including the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming Shakira's first #1 single in the country. It also broke the record for the most radio plays in a single week and the fastest selling digital download song in the United States. The song was eventually certified Triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), where it has sold over 4 million copies. It also topped the charts in Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, among other countries. It was the best selling single of 2006 and the 2000s. Having sold over 16 million digital downloads, It is the most sold track in the list of the best-selling singles of the 21st century. The third and final single, Illegal, peaked at #1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs component chart (:awkney:).

Onto the songs; we have 11-13 tracks, depending on which version of the album you have. We're doing the reissue that includes Hips Don't Lie, but we're skipping La Tortura (Alternate Version), because yeah :poot: What is it even doing there? So; we're doing:

1. How Do You Do?

2. Illegal [ft. Carlos Santana]

3. Hips Don't Lie [ft. Wyclef Jean]

4. Animal City

5. Don't Bother

6. The Day And The Time

7. Dreams For Plans

8. Hey You

9. Your Embrace

10. Costume Makes The Clown

11. Something

12. Timor

The singles' choices were a M E S S, but we'll leave that for later :lolly: We'll see what y'all think :giggle:

FrequentCourageousIchneumonfly-max-1mb.g

So, how do you rate?

- You rate all of the songs with a number from 1 to 10, 10 meaning that it's HeavenOnEarth.mp3 and 1 meaning it's utter sh!t. You can give an 11 to your favorite song of the album, but choose carefully as you can only give one 11.

- You are only allowed to rate 1 and 2,  two songs each. We don't want the haters thank you :neyde:

-You can add some commentary to the ratings, talking about an opinion, personal experiences with the song... whatever :bon:

-PM me the results. The submissions will be open until the 28th of February, and one week later the ceremony will be held :lana: I'll give you a heads up a few days before the ceremony though, so don't worry, you won't forget :trollga:

-If you want me to remind you of PM'ing me the results, just comment, or PM me saying me to do so :lolga:

-Finally, DON'T LET THIS FLOP :neyde: Tag anyone who might be interested :gaycat:

I'll be commenting once or twice everyday just to make sure everybody sees this.

Tagging people who might be interested @LateToCult@Fernster7@Anveeroy@Irakli@Trepadation@joannester@alestevens@ToxicHot@DISCOxHEAVEN@AmericanGUY@River@Johnny Wayne@Triggered@CrazyMonster@Flippy@AJK273@Original Diva

Give this a chance, trust me, it's totally worth it :staymad:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Salvador Sequea

But vol. 1 was much more succesfull than vol. 2 :poot:

To me, lyrically vol. 2 is better, but musically and melodically vol. 1 wins :gaysia:

Even though, I think vol. 2 is highly UNDERrated :toofunny:

How Do You Do? 8

Illegal ft. Carlos Santana 5

Hips Don't Lie ft. Wyclef Jean 7

Animal City 7

Don't Bother 11 :tony:

The Day And The Time ft. Gustavo Cerati 6

Dreams For Plans 6

Hey You 6

Your Embrace 5

Costume Makes The Clown 5

Something 10

Timor 9

HDL bring me good memories, but the production is awfull and doesn't quite fit with the overall mixing of the album. Don't Bother is MY JAM, is one of the most underrated songs of her. Coming from a Latin American country none of the songs of this album made the cut to the radio stations, none but HPL. I like 'Something', but I love the spanish version more. HDYD is a powerfull song, underrated too. In fact the whole album is like it doesn't exists at all, done  :toofunny:.

The Bling
14 minutes ago, Salvador Sequea said:

But vol. 1 was much more succesfull than vol. 2 :poot:

To me, lyrically vol. 2 is better, but musically and melodically vol. 1 wins :gaysia:

Even though, I think vol. 2 is highly UNDERrated :toofunny:

How Do You Do? 8

Illegal ft. Carlos Santana 5

Hips Don't Lie ft. Wyclef Jean 7

Animal City 7

Don't Bother 11 :tony:

The Day And The Time ft. Gustavo Cerati 6

Dreams For Plans 6

Hey You 6

Your Embrace 5

Costume Makes The Clown 5

Something 10

Timor 9

HDL bring me good memories, but the production is awfull and doesn't quite fit with the overall mixing of the album. Don't Bother is MY JAM, is one of the most underrated songs of her. Coming from a Latin American country none of the songs of this album made the cut to the radio stations, none but HPL. I like 'Something', but I love the spanish version more. HDYD is a powerfull song, underrated too. In fact the whole album is like it doesn't exists at all, done  :toofunny:.

Oh My God I'vee just fallen in love YAAAAAS :tony: AGREE WITH EVERYTHING :firega: Except for that rating for Costume Makes The Clown :triggered: why everyone hates her

If this megarate works well enough, I'll do Vol. 1 as well, my favorite Shakira album :sis: 

Anyhow, thanks :kara: results bookmarkedT

Las de la Intuición - 11/11

Bye :triggered:

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

The Bling
1 minute ago, Aleks said:

Las de la Intuicíon - 11/11

Bye :triggered:

I'd completely agree but this is not the album :lana: Wait till Vol. 1, then yaaas :firega:

Meanwhile give this one a listen :stalkga:

5 minutes ago, The Bling said:

I'd completely agree but this is not the album :lana: Wait till Vol. 1, then yaaas :firega:

Meanwhile give this one a listen :stalkga:

I know, I was kidding :laughga:

I just listened to vol. 2 for the first time in my life tbh :wtfga:

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

Flippy

Done! PM’d you! :hug: Can’t wait for Vol 1 tbh :nails:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

The Bling
1 minute ago, Flippy said:

Done! PM’d you! :hug: Can’t wait for Vol 1 tbh :nails:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11207-1418289370-4.

The Bling
8 hours ago, Salvador Sequea said:

Finally some ShakiFans around here :tony:.

BXvNqh0.gif

Let's make a club :staymad: Bring as many people in as possible :firega:

Archived