💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

USA TODAY Brutally honest rankings of every Grammy performance (Gaga #5)

Mr S

Featured Posts

Brutally honest rankings of every 2018 Grammy performance

Maeve McDermott, USATODAY

5. LADY GAGA, Joanne/Million Reasons

How she did: Angelic

Here's why: Lady Gaga is still trying her darndest to make Joanne happen, and listeners can be forgiven if we’ve tired of the album’s backstory. “This is for my father’s late sister, Joanne,” she intoned as an intro, “for love and compassion, even when you can’t understand.” Featuring a piano decorated with angel wings, the performance started off on the overwrought side of emotional, punctuated with Gaga’s amusingly contextless whisper of “Time’s up.” Things got better when she launched into Million Reasons, the true banger on Joanne, which almost lost its stomach on a shaky final note that quickly righted itself. Overall, it was very gauzy, very Gaga and good enough to place among the night's best performances.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/01/28/grammy-awards-2018-brutally-honest-reviews-every-performance-ranked/1073461001/

Kendrick #1.

AlexanderMagno

I've actually read this article before and to be honest there's nothing "brutal" about it. Pure clickbait.

Gagadonna
2 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Lady Gaga is still trying her darndest to make Joanne happen, and listeners can be forgiven if we’ve tired of the album’s backstory.

no lies detected tho 

I kinda agree, Joanne is a beautiful song, but she's trying to make it happen and it's not gonna happen.. people aren't here for a family tragedy.. they are more for a love tragedy..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Sneaky Oliver

It was a beautiful way to close this chapter of her career. As much as I love Joanne, I think she should move on from the “tragic death” topic! :happy:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

I disagree. She's not trying to make it happen. She's closing the Joanne era, and the performance made perfect sense in that context.

PanPikus

Million Reasons, the true banger on Joanne xDDDDD

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

DoremonLove

Shes not making anything happen it was a goodbye to the era ffs. Seriously i will never be tired o joanne or MR. Still better then what BB said. Love you gaga and im here for ur family story tell me al you want. I will listen to it whole day. People dont deserve her.

How can anoyone not love gaga

TeenIdle
7 minutes ago, PanPikus said:

Million Reasons, the true banger on Joanne xDDDDD

Perfect Illusion, I'm so sorry...

gstring

wow kendrick lamar hands down the best performer of the night! i'm shook! a geat way to start the grammys. after that AngelGa took the stage and did the same :firega:

Little little

WildAmerican
30 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

"Things got better when she launched into Million Reasons, the true banger on Joanne"

I see no lies, JW and DH are shaking 

ArtGagaPop

i think the comment about joanne was rude, it's very personal to her and it's an amazing song. But looking at Itunes, the gp doesn't seem to care about joanne but they do love some Million grammys  :gaycat:

DiscoHeaven23

"listeners can be forgiven if we’ve tired of the album’s backstory. “This is for my father’s late sister, Joanne,” 

lolol,

i laughed REALLLY hard at this.

Cuz i REALLY related to it. hahaha

41 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

listeners can be forgiven if we’ve tired of the album’s backstory.

truer words are rarely spoken :giveup: 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Archived