💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

The ‘Joanne’ Album Has Forever Changed Lady Gaga’s Live Show

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

I found this to be a quite well written review of the JWT, and brings out how playing 5F2 ahead of the show can actually enhance the poignancy of the experience.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/xw43k3/lady-gaga-joanne-european-tour-2018-milan-review-

There’ll no doubt be some who prefer the sex and flamboyance of older Gaga material. But that hasn’t disappeared entirely and her show is still, as it’s always been, utterly conducted for the fans. Her Little Monsters are named and spoken to throughout. They aren’t seeing a different Gaga, rather the same singing, dancing, spectacular star they’ve followed from the start. It’s only her live performance that’s in mid-evolution. 

None of this should be a surprise. Even early interviews depicted this same multifaceted pop star. In a 2011 Guardian profile, friend and performer Lady Starlight says of Gaga: “She just throws herself into her work. She’s very focused on ‘What am I doing next?’ That’s the way; just the tunnel vision.” That profile later depicts her in all her “contradictory glory” as business woman and “needy neurotic”. In a Vogue interview from a similar time, she spent the entirety of the previous day self-soothing in bed by rubbing her foot, something she does when she’s feeling lonely. In a back and forth with Stephen Fry for the Financial Times she says, “…people are imperfect in a perfect way. I always find it’s so interesting to have conversations about my work because in the past ten minutes you’ve pointed out to me that some people find me to be artificial while others find me to be quite real with the world. Isn’t that interesting?”

It is interesting that many people had forgotten that dichotomy, or supposed one: confident, shock-pop, ‘artificial as if coated with glossy lacquer’ performer, and sensitive, real, longing-to-be-loved human. As Gaga took a slight backseat in pop culture consciousness over the last few years, the flamboyance, meat, feathers and YouTube videos of her fabulous diva moments became the caricature that remained. Joanne and Five Foot Two reinstated that. These shows are the stepping stone towards a new and textured Gaga, one who will no doubt continue to evolve during her Vegas run. Fantasy and reality were always supposed to co-exist with Gaga – now she wants you to see them gel.

Space Cowboy

You don't get enough credit on this site. You always have something interesting to say and your opinions are always level-headed, It's admiring. Just had to get that off my chest!

thierryrreiht
37 minutes ago, 01Jaime said:

You don't get enough credit on this site. You always have something interesting to say and your opinions are always level-headed, It's admiring. Just had to get that off my chest!

It’s a Noisey review :awkney:

44 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

I found this to be a quite well written review of the JWT, and brings out how playing 5F2 ahead of the show can actually enhance the poignancy of the experience.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/xw43k3/lady-gaga-joanne-european-tour-2018-milan-review-

Robo Ga

Beautifully said... I'm really glad I read this because it made me think about how much we have to look forward to, in terms of her creative evolution, as we move on from the Joanne era. The Lady Starlight quote is a good reminder of this... Gaga is, and always has been, focused on "what's next" and us fans can never quite predict where she'll go from era to era

🤖⚡️

Meredith Grey

I love this and it really reminds you about how pieces of each album remain with her in live performances to this day. She never completely changes or stays the same but always keeps adding new layers

Space Cowboy
22 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

It’s a Noisey review :awkney:

What's the point of the sassy one liner? I read the op. Me complimenting someone has nothing to do with either you or a review.

Archived