Sign in to follow this  
politics

US gov. shutdown is over

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 43,792
Morphine Prince

• LMAO 2
  • Shook 1
It's the people who don't recognize the racism within themselves that can be the most damaging because they don't see it.

Mindblown   Paws Up 1,335
Mindblown

Our entire government was shut down for 69 hours?

Hun, I didn't even leave my bed that entire time.  

tenor.gif?itemid=9083311

• LMAO 3

LePetitMonstr   Paws Up 18,675
LePetitMonstr

69????? This administration is a mess.:deadbanana:

• Like 1

edgy   Paws Up 4,358
edgy

The pr0n references with this presidency is just ... :selena:

Call Me By Your Name, Haroon.

PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 56,757
PunkTheFunk

I bet you it actually ended at 68 hours and Trump was like "...let's wait one more hour" :triggered:

• Like 4

Sharyu   Paws Up 16,033
Sharyu
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I bet you it actually ended at 68 hours and Trump was like "...let's wait one more hour" :triggered:

Pence's bible was found magically combusting into flames.:selena:

• Like 1
Warrior of the Monkey, Killing Peacefully

PartySick   Paws Up 36,373
PartySick

He could've avoided the whole thing by agreeing with what Democrats and Republicans worked together to create...but he'd have to have some level of competency and a spine to do that. Keep playing damage control after bending over for your alt-right handlers, prez :applause: You do you :applause:

Is it 2020 yet?

• Like 1
💙I know where I'm going💙

ItsTommyBitch   Paws Up 8,866
ItsTommyBitch

Okay but if the Republicans still don't plan to pass a meaningful immigration bill that does not involve kicking out the 800,000 Dreamers who were brought here as children or letting the resolution expire in March, honestly the Dems should have fought harder. I bet some democrats refused the bill that was signed today and I don't blame them. I would have unless there was a guarantee that Republicans wouldn't just **** them over in the end.

Fight for immigrants rights, (and chip recipients), its the moral thing to do, and we should NOT forget that Republicans tried to hold the lives and futures of children - both Dreamers and otherwise - in the air in order to get their way. This was not "Schumer's" fault, it was the Republicans and Trump's for being a dumbass over the original bill in the first place.

I wonder if the Republicans will renege, or offer an even shittier deal that doesn't secure the Dreamers, but does reinstate CHIP at the end of this. 

This article summarizes it pretty well:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/shutdown-immigration-daca-outcomes/index.html

Basically, Democrats folded, rip immigration reform and protection for immigrants, even if they do manage to secure a place for Dreamers, which is not even certain :smh: 2018 off to a shitty start  that will bite people in the ass in 2020 :air:  

Edited by ItsTommyBitch
私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Born To Slay   Paws Up 9,633
Born To Slay
41 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Okay but if the Republicans still don't plan to pass a meaningful immigration bill that does not involve kicking out the 800,000 Dreamers who were brought here as children or letting the resolution expire in March, honestly the Dems should have fought harder. I bet some democrats refused the bill that was signed today and I don't blame them. I would have unless there was a guarantee that Republicans wouldn't just **** them over in the end.

Fight for immigrants rights, (and chip recipients), its the moral thing to do, and we should NOT forget that Republicans tried to hold the lives and futures of children - both Dreamers and otherwise - in the air in order to get their way. This was not "Schumer's" fault, it was the Republicans and Trump's for being a dumbass over the original bill in the first place.

I wonder if the Republicans will renege, or offer an even shittier deal that doesn't secure the Dreamers, but does reinstate CHIP at the end of this. 

This article summarizes it pretty well:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/shutdown-immigration-daca-outcomes/index.html

Basically, Democrats folded, rip immigration reform and protection for immigrants, even if they do manage to secure a place for Dreamers, which is not even certain :smh: 2018 off to a shitty start  that will bite people in the ass in 2020 :air:  

Well the government is only open thru 2/8, so if the GOP goes back, we can shut it down again

• Like 1