💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Confirmed Kesha performs Praying at GrammyS

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Which brings us to #MeToo. How will “Music’s Biggest Night” address America’s biggest conversation of the past four months? Of the 17 performances announced, the only one that Ehrlich would say will explicitly address the issue in her performance is Kesha. “She’ll be doing ‘Praying,’” he says. “And without any editorial judgment, we all know what that song is about, and what it speaks to.” It was of course Kesha’s 2014 lawsuit against Lukasz Gottwald, aka Dr. Luke, alleging sexual and physical abuse (charges consistently denied by the producer), that caused many in music to at least momentarily confront the issue nearly three years before the Harvey Weinstein stories broke.

While Ehrlich won’t reveal details of Kesha’s performance, a choir is surely imaginable: “Praying,” from the Grammy-nominated album Rainbow, is a call for healing and redemption with the sort of spiritual overtones that are right up the Grammys’ strasse. “Whether these past few months had happened or not,” Ehrlich explains, “we felt it was important to give her a platform to do a song that had struck a very responsive chord with a broad general audience, and particularly a female audience. So we were actually thinking about doing this before the dam broke. I think it’s going to wind up being an important piece of the show.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-metoo-reckoning-is-about-to-hit-the-grammys

If Gaga doesn’t get the Grammy, I’d be content with her losing to Kesha. Praying is a very strong song and I would be glad to see Kesha win it. #Praying Ed Sheeran’s ungreatful ass doesn’t win. 

AmericanGUY

brb let me go grab my tears

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

Mirages
1 minute ago, Nick1495 said:

If Gaga doesn’t get the Grammy, I’d be content with her losing to Kesha. Praying is a very strong song and I would be glad to see Kesha win it. #Praying Ed Sheeran’s ungreatful ass doesn’t win. 

This exactly the only other song I'm ok with MR losing to is Kelly's but I don't think she has a chance.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

A Hybrid

Which pretty much means Gaga will sing Million Reasons (or Joanne if she’s aiming for Best Pop Vocal Album)

No family’s safe when I sashay

GagaIsDope

I get why this is important but it's a shame she can't perform 'woman' seeing as it's going to be the next single. She needs that promo

A Real Panda

Well now I hope Gaga sings MR then, a powerful acoustic version like the one she did at One America Appeal, with piano and just vocals. I dont know if any other Joanne song can be as memorable and as standout as MR. And yes I know its been performed a lot of times but its the grammys and she needs the best representative track from Joanne.

GoldenPonyboy
8 minutes ago, ManilaMonster said:

Well now I hope Gaga sings MR then, a powerful acoustic version like the one she did at One America Appeal, with piano and just vocals. I dont know if any other Joanne song can be as memorable and as standout as MR. And yes I know its been performed a lot of times but its the grammys and she needs the best representative track from Joanne.

Angel down would be pretty relevent and with an epic buildup into an accapella chorus at the ends (cue single tear and shakey voice) they would have to practictly throw grammys at her :diane:

A Real Panda
3 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Angel down would be pretty relevent and with an epic buildup into an accapella chorus at the ends (cue single tear and shakey voice) they would have to practictly throw grammys at her :diane:

Oh god yes Angel Down too is a good choice with a little fog and maybe some candles on the floor or a protest video background in black and white.

GoldenPonyboy
11 minutes ago, ManilaMonster said:

Oh god yes Angel Down too is a good choice with a little fog and maybe some candles on the floor or a protest video background in black and white.

Bobby is cancelled. Gaga we are coming. You got new managers. :bon: 

Born To Slay
7 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

She's not an artist but ok

How is Kesha not an artist?

Archived