news

Shangela talks ASIB, working with Gaga

Hurem

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankenztein

I'm glad Shangela talked about Gaga not wanting to be called Stefani. It really bothers me when fans call her Stefani for some reason. It seem presumptuous to me. I know a couple of fan letters Gaga has read at the JWT have said "Dear Stefani" and it make me cringe, like who do they think they are? Maybe it's just me...:sweat:

They asked her to audition for drag zombie Marilyn Monroe - she declined the offer 'cause she doesn't look like a zombie or Marilyn Monroe.

Bobby e-mailed her himself saying the were looking for black Marilyn Monroe, she auditioned, but they decided to drop the character so she didn't get the role

They offered her a completely new larger role. Was supposed to do only one day on set, but they liked her so much they extended her role so she got there for another extra day of shooting

Gaga is extra sweet (we been knew)

Some random girl called Gaga by her real name, but Gaga said she shouldn't call her Stefani unless they're family or between the sheets

Letmelivemylife
10 minutes ago, Frankenztein said:

I'm glad Shangela talked about Gaga not wanting to be called Stefani. It really bothers me when fans call her Stefani for some reason. It seem presumptuous to me. I know a couple of fan letters Gaga has read at the JWT have said "Dear Stefani" and it make me cringe, like who do they think they are? Maybe it's just me...:sweat:

Exactly. It's just like the people who call drag queens by their birth name. If you aren't sleeping with the person, don't call them by their birth name ya know? Hope that made sense. Cold medicine is making me a little loopy

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

1 hour ago, Frankenztein said:

I don't think it's particularly presumptuous. It is her name. I can see why some fans would call her Stefani, because Gaga has always been close with her fans and calling her Stefani feels more personal.  

But now they know it bothers her, let's hope they respect her wishes and call her Gaga instead.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

moonsago

At first I was like ‘what why is she like that about being called Stefani’ but the more I think of it I kinda get it, we don’t know Stefani, we only know Gaga, what Stefani let’s us see so why would you try and act like you know her like that when you don’t, you just know what’s presented to you by her. And it’s also maybe because she wants to keep that part of herself personal, as she said, just family, it’s that one part of her life that she wants to be just hers and not the whole world’s, it’s sacred to her so I understand her. 

pophatesflops

gaga is literally crediting herself as "stefani germanotta" in the movie so i have no idea why she'd be upset with people calling her stefani lmao

she's like one of those tumblr girls who get annoyed when you call them her

Archived