Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did The Fame have so many versions?

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga

I’m still waiting for ARTPOP special edition (with the bonus tracks)

♥ Kindness Police.

KyliesChild

It is Gaga's most profitable record so her team probably decided to create different versions in order to appeal to as many consumers as possible 

she was hot new stuff so her label wanted to milk as much as they could so they dropped many versions

... and now i just sit in silence.

mucinex

at the time of the fame's release, physical copies of albums were still kinda popular, and it was common back then to have different versions of the album all over the world. maybe for 'exclusivity' or something, i'm not sure why. but nowadays rarely do albums have more than just standard or deluxe versions, if they have different versions at all, because with streaming and the internet, everything is so easily accessible. there'd be no point in making like 7 different versions of joanne, but back then it kinda made sense.

Red Velvet
14 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Uhmmm poker face - piano and voice version? Uhmdnhs whereeeeeee?????/)/$/&&// 

Cherrytree Sessions sis.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Edonis

The label wanted to market her to as many markets as possible, hence the 8372838493 different versions of her debut album. 

JevyDuty

They need to release another one for it's 10 year anniversary and get it to diamond once and for all.:queenga:

LordEnigma
1 hour ago, Skai Jackson said:

It is Gaga's most profitable record so her team probably decided to create different versions in order to appeal to as many consumers as possible 

But how did they know that before they released the album that it would be so profitable?

Archived