Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

A New Alien Game Is Coming

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley

...but it's got nothing to do with Alien: Isolation. (:triggered:)

px7CxMaCRP3YMpZahctg29-650-80.jpg

Games based on the Aliens series have generally been either a) terrible or b) excellent, with little room for the merely okay. Alien: Isolation was an incredible stealth horror game, but it was unlikely to have satisfied anyone who prefers to shoot things, with that camp also thoroughly disappointed by Gearbox's dire Aliens: Colonial Marines. But for those who like to shoot, there is hope: a new Aliens shooter is in development.

While it's still anyone's guess what kind of form this "shooter" will arrive in, it's very likely to have a strong online component. Or at least, FoxNext Games' Aaron Loeb gives that impression in an interview at GI.biz. 

Whatever the case, now that the Murdoch-owned FoxNext has Alien in its licensing camp, it's pretty unlikely that we'll ever see Creative Assembly deliver an Isolation sequel. 

Full article: https://goo.gl/7rxrnM

as GGD's biggest Alien stan, what are my thoughts?

Spoiler

tip-recycling-unused-IT.jpg.gif

:triggered: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

SychosSoChic

It's like everything that made the franchise what it was, is being changed.

The movies are turning into some weird thought-provoking psychological thriller horror, and now this action Aliens game :triggered:

Thank God they haven't touched Predator, but like everything in Hollywood, it's only a matter of time :triggered:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, SychosSoChic said:

The movies are turning into some weird thought-provoking psychological thriller horror, and now this action Aliens game :triggered:

Thank God they haven't touched Predator, but like everything in Hollywood, it's only a matter of time :triggered:

every time they try to inject basic action and adventure into this franchise, it flops :triggered: 

how long will it take for them to understand the isolating horror of the original movie and Isolation is the key to this franchise :triggered: 

but nah, we have an MMO FPS on the way :triggered: 

Call of Duty with aliens :triggered: 

Bad Kids

I prefer Alien:Isolation :'( Is there more of it?

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, Bad Kids said:

I prefer Alien:Isolation :'( Is there more of it?

no, now we have this ugly gap in amanda's story from the end of AI til her mentioned death of old age in Aliens 

sad.png

The franchise became too messy For me..

from a simple but smart sci-fi thriller it became a movie for Cannes Festival..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, River said:

The franchise became too messy For me..

from a simple but smart sci-fi thriller it became a movie for Cannes Festival..

same, i'm about to burn my stan card

FRANK1991
1 hour ago, SychosSoChic said:

aren't they making a new Predator movie? I'm kind of excited for it tbh

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

FRANK1991

I love the alien franchise (tho never saw Alien 3, 4 and AVP2)

I really enjoyed Prometheus and Covenant. 

Prometheus was not what people wanted but I love the new direction (plus I do think Alien is over done) 

So I was actually kind of disappointed Alien Covenant went back to the Alien concept (and yes people were not here for it either)

It's really ironic, Prometheus everyone said where's the alien? Covenant everyone said where's Elizabeth and the Engineers story line? They could never satisfied anyone to be honest.

It's a shame, I love the music, the cinematography, the ideas, themes, and concepts were thought provoking and intriguing. 

Never played the game but I did watched the playthrough from youtube. The game scared me and gave me chills.

ryanripley
15 minutes ago, FRANK1991 said:

I love the alien franchise (tho never saw Alien 3, 4 and AVP2)

I really enjoyed Prometheus and Covenant. 

Prometheus was not what people wanted but I love the new direction (plus I do think Alien is over done) 

So I was actually kind of disappointed Alien Covenant went back to the Alien concept (and yes people were not here for it either)

It's really ironic, Prometheus everyone said where's the alien? Covenant everyone said where's Elizabeth and the Engineers story line? They could never satisfied anyone to be honest.

It's a shame, I love the music, the cinematography, the ideas, themes, and concepts were thought provoking and intriguing. 

Never played the game but I did watched the playthrough from youtube. The game scared me and gave me chills.

i'd only bother with those movies if you're just interested in more alien action, they really are a mess :rip: 

i loved Prometheus tbh, i think it's so beautiful and some of the characters are great but omg i HATED Covenant :selena: 

every character was just a walmart version of the Prometheus characters, none of them were interesting and were just 2D as f*ck, i didn't care who died or survived :selena:

Spoiler

and then they managed to defeat the xenomorphs in about 10 minutes as the "climax"? smh and to think it started as a 2 hour movie just for one kick ass gal to get rid of one alien like a pest

why even call it Alien: Covenant when they're not even the problem anymore, this annoying android's story should be a spin off :grr: 

i just hate how xenomorphs are terrifying anymore in this franchise, they've gone from being one unstoppable killing machine to hordes getting machine gunned the f*ck down like exterminators removing cockroaches from your home   :giveup:  

RAMROD

All the Alien franchise fans need to savor this up, cos the movie franchise may have bleak future after it is bought by Disney now along with the rest of 21st Centuy Fox films TV shows rights. Especially after poor reception of Covenant in the box office.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

FRANK1991
54 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i'd only bother with those movies if you're just interested in more alien action, they really are a mess :rip: 

i loved Prometheus tbh, i think it's so beautiful and some of the characters are great but omg i HATED Covenant :selena: 

every character was just a walmart version of the Prometheus characters, none of them were interesting and were just 2D as f*ck, i didn't care who died or survived :selena:

Hide contents

and then they managed to defeat the xenomorphs in about 10 minutes as the "climax"? smh and to think it started as a 2 hour movie just for one kick ass gal to get rid of one alien like a pest

why even call it Alien: Covenant when they're not even the problem anymore, this annoying android's story should be a spin off :grr: 

i just hate how xenomorphs are terrifying anymore in this franchise, they've gone from being one unstoppable killing machine to hordes getting machine gunned the f*ck down like exterminators removing cockroaches from your home   :giveup:  

more like Covenant: David :trollga:

the whole story is about David's creation and nothing else

I still enjoyed Covenant because of the themes from Prometheus carried over and David's story line arc is still very interesting, but yeah the rest of the characters are copied and no arcs or relevant to the series (really like Tennessee tho )

basically they tried to mash Prometheus formula with Alien formula and it failed 

Still, I'm invested in the story so I'll keep watching! :oprah:

Archived