Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RATE: Heart Like A Wheel (Linda Ronstadt)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my third Megarate. 

The album we will be rating is the acclaimed Heart Like a Wheel by Linda Ronstadt!

linda-ronstadt-heart-like-a-wheel.jpg

The following is a little background about the Album itself:

Spoiler

Genre: Pop/Rock/Country/Folk

Said to have largely influenced 70s California Country Rock.

"An Allmusic writer described it as "a landmark of '70s mainstream pop/rock."

In 1976 the album was nominated for 4 Grammy Awards including winning Best Country Vocal Performance Female for "I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love with You". The entire album was nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Performance Female. Producer Peter Asher was among the nominees for Producer of the Year, which is not a recording specific category.

In 2003, Rolling Stone ranked Heart Like a Wheel at number 164 on its list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

It was inducted by the National Recording Registry in 2013."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_Like_a_Wheel

In general, here are the Criteria for participating the Megarate

1) Re-listen to album

2) Rate each track on a scale of 1-10 and your favorite an 11. Feel free to add commentary to explain your ratings if you'd like!

3) 0's are not allowed.

4) Feel free to use decimals in the values of .25, .5, or .75

5) Please don't participate if you didn't listen to the album or if you hate it without reason. Any ratings that demonstrate this will be erased from the calculations.

6) PM me your ratings (send to @Rumours1977).

Due Date for Ratings: CLOSED

Tentative Date for Ceremony: February 2, 2018

Here's how you can listen to the album (Spotify):

Spoiler

If you know of anyone who would want to participate in this Megarate as well, please tag them in the thread. I would really appreciate it! 

If you all have any questions, feel free to either ask them in the thread below or PM me. 

Tags (Based on Past Participation/Interest in this Megarate):

@BBhomemaker @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @KyliesChild @raginchristians @Jeroen Bloeming @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea@Skai Jackson@memomemome@slayo@that juju @Edge of Fame @PunkTheFunk @calmar @Ronk @Rumours1977 @fayecuntaway @blackcoffee @Oriane @Kandy life @GypsyHeartGaga @badgirlmeat @That J @datlastfam

Spoiler

I promise the Dolly megarate will be coming soon @datlastfam. I just couldn't pick which album I wanted to do for her.

Participants:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
datlastfam

Im so sorry @Rumours1977 but I'll pass this time. I have an exam at the end of this month :noparty: Thus I would like to participate your next megarate, any of these 3 - Dolly/Stevie/Norah :giggle:

Chromatica

OMG YASSSS!

Thanks for tagging me! I love that you’re doing megarates for all of these classic albums! 

As for the Dolly megarate, that’s literally impossible. How could you choose an album?? What about a greatest hits collection? :rip: 

I would think Jolene, Trio I/II, or Here You Come Again. Or maybe Backwoods Barbie? I don’t know :smh:

Do a Emmylou Harris one!

rumours
Just now, Captain Templea said:

OMG YASSSS!

Thanks for tagging me! I love all that you’re doing megarates for all of these classic albums! 

As for the Dolly megarate, that’s literally impossible. How could you choose an album?? What about a greatest hits collection? :rip: 

I would think Jolene, Trio I/II, or Here You Come Again. Or maybe Backwoods Barbie? I don’t know :smh:

Do a Emmylou Harris one!

Yeah, I’m excited for this megarate. :excited2:

Dolly is super tricky to pick, as she has everything from bluegrass to country to pop albums, many of which are critically acclaimed.  

I love Emmylou btw. Was thinking about maybe doing Red Dirt Girl for this megarate actually. However, I went with this album, as I’ve noticed many of GGD don’t know who Linda is. 

Hope you'll participate in this megarate!:hug:

rumours
7 minutes ago, datlastfam said:

Im so sorry @Rumours1977 but I'll pass this time. I have an exam at the end of this month :noparty: Thus I would like to participate your next megarate, any of these 3 - Dolly/Stevie/Norah :giggle:

I’m sorry to hear you won’t be participating:giveup:, but I understand. In terms of the megarate after this one, I’m not sure how soon it’ll be. I have tons of midterms in February/March. 

I’ll be sure to tag you in the next one then... whenever it occurs:hug:

11 minutes ago, datlastfam said:

Add Tracy to that list for me.

Gonna be hard to find any bad songs on this Linda rate.  You're killin' me!

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours
2 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I have no intent of harming you. Lol

Just now, Rumours1977 said:

I have no intent of harming you. Lol

ikr.  :)  Where do you find all these great albums?

rumours
7 minutes ago, Ronk said:

ikr.  :)  Where do you find all these great albums?

Music was and is the way I escape from all my stresses in life. I love albums SO much. I’d much rather listen to an album than read, watch a movie, etc. I also didn’t listen to modern pop a lot when I was younger. Deciding to listen to Gaga happened as a total fluke!

You also have a great taste in music btw! I never thought I’d meet someone on this website that knew who Rickie Lee Jones was. :)

datlastfam
24 minutes ago, Ronk said:

ABDHBESKSM I forgot about Tracy :air: 

I love ha debut album as well as Crossroads what a classic albums :flutter: 

1 hour ago, Rumours1977 said:

Music was and is the way I escape from all my stresses in life. I love albums SO much. I’d much rather listen to an album than read, watch a movie, etc. I also didn’t listen to modern pop a lot when I was younger. Deciding to listen to Gaga happened as a total fluke!

You also have a great taste in music btw! I never thought I’d meet someone on this website that knew who Rickie Lee Jones was. :)

From all the artists you mention, I know you have great taste in music.  :)  Every one of them is amazing.

I saw Rickie three times in concert, and produced a 2-DVD set of her jazz singing.  In concerts she usually performs mostly the popular music she wrote herself, but she is a totally amazing jazz singer.  Just one of a huge number of examples of her jazz:

KyliesChild

I'm definitely going to be participating in this for sure! 

This is such a great performance. 

rumours
On 1/18/2018 at 1:01 AM, Ronk said:

From all the artists you mention, I know you have great taste in music.  :)  Every one of them is amazing.

I saw Rickie three times in concert, and produced a 2-DVD set of her jazz singing.  In concerts she usually performs mostly the popular music she wrote herself, but she is a totally amazing jazz singer.  Just one of a huge number of examples of her jazz:

What a cool performance! :)

Rickie Lee Jones is also very underrated as a vocalist. 

rumours
15 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

I'm definitely going to be participating in this for sure! 

This is such a great performance. 

Glad to hear you’re participating!:hug:

Linda’s albums with Nelson’s Riddle are some of my favorites. 

Archived