Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (Discussion)

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
8 minutes ago, River said:

I'm living with an Italian so I get to hear their accent very often and I also heard Donatella talking a lot, Penelope is only trying to sound like her but she's mixing her Spanish accent with the Italian and is trying to sound like Donatella.. so this mix is really makes her sound bad and unbelievable, like a first year student in acting school kind of way... and I love Penelope, she's an amazing actress but with this role she failed.. and probably it's not her fault at all but Ryan's..

Ah, I see. I kinda hear the Spanish at times as well. 

I don’t think that’s a reason to throw the entire season away though LOL. So far ao good for me. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Ah, I see. I kinda hear the Spanish at times as well. 

I don’t think that’s a reason to throw the entire season away though LOL. So far ao good for me. 

I planned to boycott it because of the white-Spanish-Washing.. it's disturbing me that there are no Italian actors and actresses there and the fact that nobody cares is even more scary.. and there are a lot of very good actors in Italy that speaks English and everything..

Well at the end I watched the 2 episodes but idk if I'll continue..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Morphine Prince
35 minutes ago, River said:

I planned to boycott it because of the white-Spanish-Washing.. it's disturbing me that there are no Italian actors and actresses there and the fact that nobody cares is even more scary.. and there are a lot of very good actors in Italy that speaks English and everything..

Well at the end I watched the 2 episodes but idk if I'll continue..

I think Ryan just picked up a lot of Miami actors. I noticed several of them. 

LateToCult
2 hours ago, River said:

Penelope is just ugh, her accent is terrible, she can't fake an Italian accent and it's going out so bad and like she has one expression.. which is disappointing that it comes from her..

Ricky.. why is he there?

This season is Coven all over again.. just a gay season..

Don’t you dare come for Coven. Queenie wanting to bang the Minotaur was ICONIC. :sis:

OT: the tape scene was kind of vanilla for Murphy. Like, I expected something more perverse than tape. :cryga:

I don’t know, I’m getting an AHS: Hotel vibe from this, like there’s not much story but a lot of visual insterest. I mean, the guy didn’t even know Gianni, they’re even creating fantasy stories of them being lovers so there’s something to show lol

Morphine Prince
1 hour ago, Bio said:

I don’t know, I’m getting an AHS: Hotel vibe from this, like there’s not much story but a lot of visual insterest. I mean, the guy didn’t even know Gianni, they’re even creating fantasy stories of them being lovers so there’s something to show lol

I feel like they are just going inside the killer’s mind. The show is about him, not Gianni. 

I haven’t read the book but this is my observation from the two episodes so far. 

Guys after watching this i kinda fell in love with Gianni , don’t know exactly the clear reason behind it , but it seems like he was full of creativity , passion , positivity and was very kind. I would love to see him alive being best friend with Gaga among Elton and Tony.

• 3 weeks later...
Bradley

Is no one talking about the season anymore? I've enjoyed the first four episodes thus far (haven't seen the fifth), hopefully it gets better.

JesseBabe

I do like this season and I feel like it's so interesting to get inside the mind of Andrew, but damn, I feel as though some episodes just drag on lol. It took me literally a whole week to watch the first two episodes and I felt so exhausted afterwards :laughga:. I do feel like it's getting better, it just took a bit for it to get started.

I also feel like it's hard to understand Donatella, but I'm not shocked at that because I barely can understand the real life version of her when she talks. 

Last episode was super boring. Still feel like there's no story here. Also, isn't it ****ed up that the one thing Andrew wanted was to be famous and known and now he gets a TV show all about him? Gianni Versace had like 10 minutes of screentime this whole season?

Bradley
On 2/23/2018 at 1:33 PM, Bio said:

Last episode was super boring. Still feel like there's no story here. Also, isn't it ****ed up that the one thing Andrew wanted was to be famous and known and now he gets a TV show all about him? Gianni Versace had like 10 minutes of screentime this whole season?

A lot of viewers have pointed that out. They said that the title should be The Crimes of Andrew Cunanan instead of the Assassination of Gianni Versace. However, I think the Versace actors will have more screentime later on.

Personally I loved the fifth episode, Finn Wittrock was awesome.

Sister
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, JesseBabe said:

I also feel like it's hard to understand Donatella, but I'm not shocked at that because I barely can understand the real life version of her when she talks. 

I believe that that is the biggest reason why they approved of Penelope portraying Donatella, besides star power and sheer gorgeousness. 

I am liking this show and continue looking forward to it every week. I may even read the books that this show's interpretation is pulled from, after the show is complete. 

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Bradley
On 3/1/2018 at 12:36 AM, Gaga2017 said:

I'm yet to watch it but I hope Queen Donatella is in it a lot. I've heard she's not in it much so far.

No Donatella has less screen time than the guest actors. :laughga: Even Finn Wittrock has more screen time than her.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived