Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy Perry Greatest Hits Coming?

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Katy's team has said they have a plan and that waiting too long in between new music isn't good.

So i started to think that they will be releasing a Katy Perry greatest hits album this year with like 1 or 2 singles to give her time to write a complete album for 2019.

Many artists have released greatest hits albums in their tenth year

Artists like Christina, P!nk, Britney and Kelly Clarkson have released greatest hits albums around their 10th year in the industry .

What do you think?

katy-perry-2017-courtesy-capitol.jpg

PerfectCure

It would be a really good strategy but I don’t think Greatest Hits-themed albums would have the same impact nowdays as they had before. I mean you can search Roar or Firework on Spotify without an album like that so... :shrug:

DiscoHeaven23

I think the tracklist would include this

I Kissed A Girl
Hot N Cold
Waking Up In Vegas
California Girls
Teenage Dream
Firework
E.T.
Last Friday Night
The One That Got Away
Part of Me
Wide Awake
Roar
Dark Horse
Chained To The Rhythm 
New Song
New Song

AlexanderMagno

It makes sense, her debut was quite a while back and after Witness's lackluster numbers a Greatest Hits is the best way to celebrate her career and avoid the damage a flop era could have.

The funny thing is that I'm expecting Taylor Swift to release a Greatest Hits as well after Reputation :sweat:

Anyway, Spotify changes the game when we talk about Greatest Hits or Best Of. In fact, no big artist has released a greatest hits after Spotify got more exposure, right? So, it will be interesting to see who will be the first and how it will be... I guess there will have to be a new song coming as well. And promo wise? I don't know, but I'm kind of curious about it.

Scathach
3 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

It would be a really good strategy but I don’t think Greatest Hits-themed albums would have the same impact nowdays as they had before. I mean you can search Roar or Firework on Spotify without an album like that so... :shrug:

Yeah you can just listen to them with Spotify or Apple Music or whatever.

DiscoHeaven23
3 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

It makes sense, her debut was quite a while back and after Witness's lackluster numbers a Greatest Hits is the best way to celebrate her career and avoid the damage a flop era could have.

The funny thing is that I'm expecting Taylor Swift to release a Greatest Hits as well after Reputation :sweat:

Anyway, Spotify changes the game when we talk about Greatest Hits or Best Of. In fact, no big artist has released a greatest hits after Spotify got more exposure, right? So, it will be interesting to see who will be the first and how it will be... I guess there will have to be a new song coming as well. And promo wise? I don't know, but I'm kind of curious about it.

The thing is though, that if you look on iTunes, old greatest hits albums still appear in the top 200, so i think it'll be fine. 

What better way to try to rebuild your career than remind people of the hits and power you once had.

Enceladus

10 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Katy's team has said they have a plan and that waiting too long in between new music isn't good.

Can we send this message straight to gaga and bobby? :selena:

Arcanum

Greatest hits albums nowadays is such a loss.

There are playlists in spotify. So from me it's a

michelle-visage-no-on-rupauls-drag-race-

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

theahsfan
19 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

But Taylor has a career though:laughga:

AlexanderMagno
35 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

The thing is though, that if you look on iTunes, old greatest hits albums still appear in the top 200, so i think it'll be fine. 

What better way to try to rebuild your career than remind people of the hits and power you once had.

Old - artists who were relevant before Spotify / whose fans aren't probably as comfortable in using streaming services? Katy Perry is not Sheryl Crow or Joni Mitchell.

But, like I said, I'm actually curious to see how a GH would succeed, no current major pop star has released one yet. Who knows, it could actually turn out to be more successful than we think.

The Child
2 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Old - artists who were relevant before Spotify / whose fans aren't probably as comfortable in using streaming services? Katy Perry is not Sheryl Crow or Joni Mitchell.

But, like I said, I'm actually curious to see how a GH would succeed, no current major pop star has released one yet. Who knows, it could actually turn out to be more successful than we think.

Britney’s greatest hits album from 2004 still get back on the charts from time to time though.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived