💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Grammys: "MR is impactful"

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Let's take a closer look at the 60th GRAMMY Awards nominees in the category. They include Kelly Clarkson's soulful crowd-pleaser "Love So Soft," which features members of Earth, Wind & Fire as session musicians, Kesha's gorgeous comeback ballad "Praying," Lady Gaga's introspective and impactful "Million Reasons," Pink's charged dance anthem "What About Us," and Ed Sheeran's catchy, inescapable "Shape Of You."

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/2018-grammys-poll-who-will-win-best-pop-solo-performance

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nswain1110

Queen of being introspective and impactful - Come through Grammy voters!!!!!!! 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Daenerys

MR for Grammys confirmt 

e7d10c94ce45a98c73e64832cf2deea4

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

AlexanderMagno

Reading it, it kind of feels like they lacked adjectives for the song :huh:

MR was only impactful in Gaga's career, since it was the first slow ballad she released as a single. It cemented her status as a great pop vocalist and I think the public has finally accepted her as a "true singer".

But it had minimal impact outside her own sphere. We can't say it was a big hit. I think Praying was more impactful, not because it was a bigger hit (it wasn't), but because it met the expectations people had for Kesha's comeback and it was a great response to everything she went through. And it's a great anthem for the issues the popular industry is dealing right now.

Arturo

Notice how LSS, WAU, and Praying only have descriptions of their sound or what they were like a comeback single

SOY - inescapable = success

MR - impactful = success and introspective = quality

They really only complimented MR and said SOY is a nominee because of the fact that it owned 2017. 

nswain1110
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

"inescapable"

they're being very polite :lolly: 

Right?! You could run.. you could hide, but you definitely couldn't escape that mess of a song...

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, Arturo said:

Notice how LSS, WAU, and Praying only have descriptions of their sound or what they were like a comeback single

SOY - inescapable = success

MR - impactful = success and introspective = quality

They really only complimented MR and said SOY is a nominee because of the fact that it owned 2017. 

She didn't do the superbowl for nothing.

GET THAT GRAMMY GAGS

codymonster

I’m normally pretty chill about awards and stuff, but I REALLY want her to win this :giveup: I really think it would mean so much to her and really give her a little boost of confidence.

Sneaky Oliver

She has done everything for you Grammy voters. She scrapped the performance of her life just for the David Bowie tribute! She performed with Metallica during her album cycle! Now give her the Grammy she deserves  :grr:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived