Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

EXPERIENCE: JWT Barcelona + Gaga spotting at hotel

Guille

Featured Posts

Hey there!!

So while the 2nd JWT in Barcelona is taking place at this very moment and as an attempt to avoid the depression and nostalgia from watching tonight's show videos and pictures, I will write a very short review of what my JWT experience was like!!

So I had been to the Born This Way Ball before and this was my second Gaga concert. I was going there with 4 friends back in September before she cancelled, but after she did so, my friends decided not to come because of exams (I have them too) but I decided that this show was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I couldn't miss it.

HOTEL SPOTTING:

So yeah I travelled to Barcelona on Saturday night, once I landed there I left my things at the hotel, and headed to where Gaga is staying in the city to try to spot her.

There were two different gates at the hotel where she could arrive, so it was kind of a matter of luck that she came to the door we decided to stay in. I arrived there at 10pm or so, and I made quite a few friends waiting (if you are doubtful because of this, don't be ashamed and go there, it's almost as fun as being in line at the venue the day of the show). It was HEAVILY RAINING and it was QUITE COLD.

We waited for hours, till aproximately 1am, when the security guards started to move around nervously and told us: "Do it as usual, be calm and if she stops, fine, approach slowly and respectfully". When they said this we obviously started to get effing nervous, and then some big Audi cars arrived with lots of security... We could see Bobby and others, but Gaga, for the first time since she's been in Barcelona, arrived at the hotel in the back seat and the windows were black-painted, so we didn't get to see her, neither she stopped for us, so it was kind of underwhelming but also comprehensible.

JOANNE WORLD TOUR:

Basically the day of the show I arrived there at 9am aproximately, made a great group of friends (if you're shy and are afraid of going alone: DON'T! People are extremely friendly and you'll have the time of your life, not only in the show but also in line). The organization was a mess when the time to enter the arena came, but yeah, still I got plenty of chances to decide where to stay.

As this stage is difficult, once I entered I decided to stand RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PIANO (it was empty even though I was number +350 in line). I saw the show entirely perfect, with no obstacles or catwalks blocking my sight, and also talked a lot to Natali's boyfriend (who is a camera for the show, and he interviewed my friends and I, we still don't know what for).

The show was obviously great, the fire, the screens, the interludes, the setlist, the staged, it was so dynamic and perfect. Much better than seen on YouTube. Gaga was right in front of me and I cried quite a lot.

Here are some pics I took:

kcJ6ufv.jpg

kj7b29G.jpg

0PraE6R.jpg

Also, Joe and Cynthia were right next to us, we said hi to them, and Cynthia even took care of a letter I had for Gaga (I wanted Gaga to have it when she was performing at the piano, she approached me and told me she'd take it for sure, told me not to worry, she was so sweet and cute - yet my anxiety made me throw it at her, it fell right next to the piano and her crew took it as they always do, cause Gaga reads fan letters -or MonsterGrams as she likes to call them- on the main stage).

maVrTLU.jpg

ADVICE FOR FUTURE SHOW-GOERS: The JWT security chief told us that front-row piano is his favorite spot: you can see the show entirely with no blocks at all, you're right next to Gaga in the most intimate moments.

Thank you! Definitely going for this on Saturday. Woah amazing! So cute her parents were there. :firega:

What time did you start queueing? ^_^

BoomKack

Lovely review, I'll keep your advice in mind as I think I'm gonna go to the second London show alone

Thanks for this! I'm still struggling to decide where to stand for my date in London, I definitely want to mosh during Scheiße but I want to be at the piano for the ballads

when you're gone i'll still be bloody mary

VenusUrania

Now I can't decide where I should stand on the GA floor :wacko:. I'd love to experience the main stage the closer I can because most of the show is there but then again, experiencing more intimate moments with Gaga and her family at the piano would be awesome too...

I'm glad that you had a great time and I hope it won't be the last show for you!

reditaccount288

I ended up having to go alone and it was so easy to move around the arena and staying close to gaga.

I enjoyed it a lot

Good review !

Find your freedom in the music, find your jesus, find your kubrick.

Archived