Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Shape of You turns 1 on the Hot 100

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Was it... that popular of a song? It's cute, but literally everybody and anybody I knew, including myself, got tired of it.

It's not even that bad of a song. But that long?

3 points in and ready for more

What I really hate about this song it's that it took Cheap Thrills 23 weeks (and Sean Paul) to make it to the top but Ed Sheeran releases a very similiar song and it immediately goes #1... :spin:

underneath the pine

ELEMENTALITY
2 hours ago, theahsfan said:

Let's all join hands and pray the LG6 lead single is this much of a blockbuster hit

tumblr_ozxzghuc0v1w8qokno1_500.gif

I know this sounds weird.....but I'm not entirely sure if I would ever want Gaga to have to have that  happen. 

Sometimes its better to have strong, explosive hits that last a season, and then die off.

You get one or two of those insanely long lasting hits and nothing as good to follow it up with to break the chain.....then you kinda of get stuck with that song for the rest of your career.

I think in 2080 I'd rather Gaga be known for having a diverse catalog of hits rather than two or three annoying massive hits. IE: Shape of You by Ed Sheeran, Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke, Happy by Pharrel, Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor.

I even remember one time Gaga said she "knew she made it" not when Just Dance went #1, but when Poker Face went #1 and was even bigger. Because it means you aren't a one trick pony.

And I think, if I'm not mistaken, this is why little "chartsters" are so misunderstood. It's not that they are craving everything Gaga does to be pop diamond....its that they don't want Gaga smudged into just The Fame/The Fame Monster era for the rest of her life. They want her to have just as big hits from a later era so it seems like she had consistency over just one imperial phase. idk....just my personal view!

Like....at this rate....if Gaga doesn't have at least one more smash, Britney, P!nk, Kelly Clarkson, and Taylor Swift look like they had more long lasting pop careers...and this is the site that used to tote Gaga up next to Madonna.

So....let's be real here....it wouldn't ****ing hurt for Gaga to maybe take the charts a little more than usual to heart for just ONE more era. 

DiscoHeaven23

Shape of You (2017/2018) *33 weeks in Top 10*
1st Week: #1  - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #2
3rd Week: #2 
4th Week: #1 
5th Week: #1 
6th Week: #1 
7th Week: #1 
8th Week: #1 
9th Week: #1 
10th Week: #1 
11th Week: #1 
12th Week: #1 
13th Week: #1 
14th Week: #1
15th Week: #2 
16th Week: #2
17th Week: #5
18th Week: #4 
19th Week: #4 
20th Week: #5
21st Week: #5
22nd Week: #4
23rd Week: #4
24th Week: #5 
25th Week: #5 
26th Week: #5
27th Week: #5
28th Week: #6
29th Week: #7
30th Week: #9
31st Week: #9
32nd Week: #9
33rd Week: #9
34th Week: #11
35th Week: #16
36th Week: #17
37th Week: #18 
38th Week: #19 
39th Week: #20 
40th Week: #18 
41st Week: #22
42nd Week: #21 
43rd Week: #23 
44th Week: #26 
45th Week: #30
46th Week: #31
47th Week: #26
48th Week: #25
49th Week: #23
50th Week: #24
51st Week: #19
52nd Week: #13 (still charting)

GypsyBabe

I literally despise this song almost as much as I hate “Hey There Delilah”...:saladga:

⚯͛

brit4ever

How? :saladga: Why do people still listen to it? :saladga: I liked it the rirst few months, but now it's so annoyingm, I can't believe it's at #13!! :saladga: 

Archived