💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

First and last songs recorded for Gaga's albums?

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

AlexanderMagno

Almost all songs from ARTPOP were finalized very, very close to the deadline. I remember it was kind of a mess in that sense.

For Joanne, the first might have been Angel Down, because it had RedOne's involvement and we all know he was the original LG5 producer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
calmar

I know Bloody Mary was probably written for TFM and then postponed, so it was technically first for the BTW album. While I'm not sure what the first song for the album that became Born This Way was, I do know the dates for when the song itself was written. It started when Gaga had a spark of inspiration in the shower (the chorus) in Manchester, England, on February 18, 2010, and the song was written by February 24, 2010, in Liverpool. 

äżșăźć‹ćˆ©ăŻæșるぎăȘい

monketsharona
1 minute ago, calmar said:

I know Bloody Mary was probably written for TFM and then postponed, so it was technically first for the BTW album. While I'm not sure what the first song for the album that became Born This Way was, I do know the dates for when the song itself was written. It started when Gaga had a spark of inspiration in the shower (the chorus) in Manchester, England, on February 18, 2010, and the song was written by February 24, 2010, in Liverpool. 

Gaga made BTW mostly during her tour in Europe with her producers in the tour bus. That's amazing how fast she can record a whole album

Sneaky Oliver
8 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Weren't Grigo Girls and JAD written right before Joanne release because Gaga was running out of songs for the deluxe?

Is it true ? :duck:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Is it true ? :duck:

Maybe, this is what I read here. :poot: 

I wonder if the thing with Bloody Mary is folklore or it was really intended for TFM because I don't remember any receipts.

Phoebe Buffay
14 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Weren't Grigo Girls and JAD written right before Joanne release because Gaga was running out of songs for the deluxe?

No wonder they're trash except the lyrics for Grigio Girls.default_bbtrash.gif

Supersonic
27 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

This is interesting!

Also if Bloody Mary was supposed foor TFM this makes it the first BTW song. 

This discussion kinda omits the fact that all these songs have been worked in different stages though.  

Angel Down was the first and the only Joanne song written in 2016, that's all I know. 

Grigio Girls was written last. Just Another Day was the first song she wrote, pre-RedOne sessions. It's the song where she mentioned before, that she composed for Taylor and played for him on the piano while he hugged her because she felt she could communicate her feelings better via song than conversation.

For Joanne, Mark confirmed Diamond Heart was the first song they "made" together and also mentioned Joanne (song). They probably got the direction after the title track. But also, Angel Down was written with RedOne (2015) so, the oldest song, for almost sure, was Angel Down. The last song was between Just Another Day & Grigio Girls, Gaga mentioned in some interview that the day before handing the album do Interscope, they were in studio blasting and jammin' for "deluxe track". (This gives me a "Just Another Day" tease for real since the whole song sound...free-styling. The trumpets, the "calls" like "Cmon Mark" it's like they didn't really rehearse the whole thing. Grigio Girls on the other hand have a lot of little things that would take a little more time to do like the girls choir on the last part)

For ARTPOP, the title track seems to be one of the oldest, but also there's a story that "Gypsy" was written during BTW sessions and that's why RedOne have credits on the song. Remember for ARTPOP, RedOne mentioned he didn't go studio with her and they wrote "half a song only", it's unlikely that it was Gypsy for production reasons etc.

Other stuff we know is that Sexxx Dreams, Aura\Burqa and just few others were written in 2012. Also "Tea" was the first hinted song, September 2012 together with the album name itself. Venus was the last song created for October 2013.

Born This Way is complicated. Gaga confirmed once that Heavy Metal Lover was the last song done for Album, but there's one interview quoting something about Black Jesus being created in April 2011, just a month before the full record drops.

Fashion of His Love is one of the oldest songs on the record, and it's likely that it was written around February\2010 since it's a tribute for McQueen. Being part of the deluxe version also lowkey shows that it wasn't really connected with the full "storyline" but seems to be a special song for Gaga. Also, "BTW" (song) was quoted as "the begin" like that moment was the moment she knew what she really wanted to do.

For The Fame\TFM we really don't have any confirmation. The Fusari demos that sound "Beatle-esque" like Again Again are the oldest ones for sure, Gaga mentioned that "Beautiful Dirty Rich" was also the key for the whole concept of the record, and it's first demo is dated back from 2006. 

Boys Boys Boys was the first song created with RedOne.

Starstruck seems to be the last song since it was mentioned to be exclusive to USA edition only, and also she tweeted around october 2008 about the song being finished.

TFM...well Telephone was submited for Britney's Circus (2008). so it's likely to be the oldest on the record

FentyGa

I'm shook that Y'all don't know Monster was the first song recorded for The Fame Monster. It was originally meant to be a 3 song re-release of The Fame, but Gaga didn't wanna do that because she said it's what sell-outs do.
That subtle shade at The Complete Confection 3 years in advance, I live
giphy.gif

FentyGa
47 minutes ago, calmar said:

I feel like Born This Way might be the first (other than Bloody Mary)
The entire record seems centred around that song and its meaning. It also sounds the most dated (still good though)

I might try to find the interviews and stuff I mentioned on my post but a bit lazy rn lol

Pretty sure some are form NME\Popjustice Interview

Dunno about recording but in terms of writing:7

For Joanne, it’s tricky: technically Angel Down was first written as it was before Ronson, but Joanne was the first Ronson song. JAD was last and she’s said that a few times iirc.

Similarly tricky with TFM as Telephone was obviously written first, but was also not technically for that album initially. Monster was the first in the album process to be written.

BTW...I think BM or YoĂŒ and I were first or one of the first? HML was last, I know that. However, I think the BTW concept for the album came after the song was written which was a little into the process. We know it wasn’t the first for the album, though, because she’s said that before (can’t remember where).

ARTPOP is clearly Venus. You can tell because it flowed directly from the Applause visuals and she was inspired by that mini era and stuff. I think ARTPOP or Sexxx Dreams were some of the first ones for the album. Parts of Applause were seemingly written early but that song went though so many large changes that it’s hard to really say when it was “written”.

I can’t say which of these were recorded first or last, like the thread asks, but these were definitely the first and last *written*

59 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Maybe, this is what I read here. :poot: 

I wonder if the thing with Bloody Mary is folklore or it was really intended for TFM because I don't remember any receipts.

BM was early and we know that because DJWS said he sent her a demo production and that’s how they started working together. So that must have been HELLA early.

TEANUS

Angel Down was def the first but wasn't Dancin in Circles be the last track for Joanne? I thought she and Beck hung out in July/ August? Perfect Illusion was crafted earlier in the summer like May/ June

ARTPOP was the first track completed I believe and Venus was the last. Burqa (Aura) was written first I think but wasnt completed. A different version of Venus was the original lead single before Gaga aimed for Sexxx Dreams/ Burqa, but not the first track written or recorded. 

Born This Way I think Bloody Mary or the title track would be the first and BJAF or HML being the last

The Fame Monster wasn't it Monster being the first and Bad Romance one of the last?

The Fame - No idea

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

TEANUS
34 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

ARTPOP is clearly Venus. You can tell because it flowed directly from the Applause visuals and she was inspired by that mini era and stuff. I think ARTPOP or Sexxx Dreams were some of the first ones for the album. Parts of Applause were seemingly written early but that song went though so many large changes that it’s hard to really say when it was “written”.

I can’t say which of these were recorded first or last, like the thread asks, but these were definitely the first and last *written*

Venus def wasn't the first track. It was Burqa (read somewhere it was written in late 2011), Gypsy (mentioned MANY times in late BTW interviews), or the title track (Gaga had the album concept in mid 2011).

Sex Dreams and Applause (originally The Applause) were both created in very late 2012/ early 2013

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived