💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mario Testino sexually exploiting male models

Werk

Featured Posts

I'm sorry but I'm tired right now and I'm bad at explaining anything in a fashionable manner :selena:  but I thought I would just bring this news to GGD considering how Gaga has worked with him. The accusation of popular photographer Mario Testino (and Bruce Weber but Bruce was accused before so we'll just make this thread about Mario, however, we can still discuss him in the comments) sexually exploiting and being sexually inappropriate toward male models is a news today (https://www.google.com/search?q=Mario+Testino&rlz=1C1EODB_enUS583US583&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv4-Hl7tbYAhVCct8KHfoZCmcQ_AUICygC&biw=1024&bih=734)

If anyone is willing too then please do explain in the comments for other users :) 

Anyways it's sad how these types of things have happened for a long time in the modeling industry (especially toward MALE MODELS) and people like him get away with it, not to mention how the model can get dropped just for even declining sex :madge: 

SOME of his work with Gaga: 

f1fb5657418f771ae36b4b99d3fb7a12.jpg4234671665a193cfbcd3f5a0dfa4ff90.jpgv-magazine-lady-gaga-2-320x213.jpglady-gaga1.jpg

Both of these men have been dropped from Vogue

@PunkTheFunk :toofunny:

Well sh|t. :noparty:

(Not saying that the allegations aren’t true, but what’s also concerning is we have no idea who’s using this recent movement to make stuff up and who is telling the truth. One of my favorite actresses, Eliza Dushku, just yesterday announced an assault that evidently happened to her, and all this is leaving me so shook. Like, what if someone accused Gaga? Who is telling the truth? Who invented peanut butter and jelly? :saladga:)

• Werk changed the title to Mario Testino sexually exploiting male models
StarstruckIllusion

He's the guy who let Gaga do that blackface? Her most embarrassing photoshoot 🙃. Can't shed a tear tbh

EDIT: I know it's a mockery of the Jersey Shore tanning thing, as The Fame era as a whole was a satirical take of what it's like to be famous, dw. Im just playing around 

Edonis
3 minutes ago, Wigless said:

He's the guy who let Gaga do that blackface? Her most embarrassing photoshoot 🙃. Can't shed a tear tbh

It wasn’t supposed to be blackface, but rather an exaggeration of the tanning craze that happened with the popularization of Jersey Shore and Italian Americans and all that jazz in the late 2000’s and whatnot. 

That being said, it’s a hideous photo shoot and one of my least favs :diane: 

OT: Yikes. Hollywood is really full of some ****ed up individuals, huh? 

Sizzily

"but I thought I would just bring this news to GGD considering how Gaga has worked with him"

Lots of people have worked with her

One Banned Boi

5 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

"but I thought I would just bring this news to GGD considering how Gaga has worked with him"

Lots of people have worked with her

Sis I know but I thought that would just be more eye-catching, don't drag me :air: 

StarstruckIllusion
38 minutes ago, Edonis said:

It wasn’t supposed to be blackface, but rather an exaggeration of the tanning craze that happened with the popularization of Jersey Shore and Italian Americans and all that jazz in the late 2000’s and whatnot. 

That being said, it’s a hideous photo shoot and one of my least favs :diane: 

OT: Yikes. Hollywood is really full of some ****ed up individuals, huh? 

Yes I know lmao I was just playing. She still looks messy tbh

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, Werk said:

We live in a world where I have enough celebs to do Hollywood Creeps Part II and that's f*cked up

lady+gaga+on+computer1.jpg

doppelganger

Testino was a douche in The September Issue tbh. His work is generally somewhat overrated too. 

I’m bummed at the allegations against Bruce Weber though. I love his work. 

LastNight

There have been rumours about Testino for years. What an awful experience for the models who were victims of this, I hope they are ok. It must be an extremely confusing and traumatising experience, lets hope they get justice and are able to recover mentally from this experience. No one should have to deal with this, especially not at work.

On another note...

I posted a thread last week that Gaga is rumoured to be on US Vogue's March cover. The insiders on TheFashionSpot are pretty reliable, the user who posted this said the information didn't come from their usual source however and so to take it with a grain of salt. 

In the thread on those forums about these Testino allegations someone has claimed that he has photographed the next issue's cover (March issue). Now who knows if either of these rumours are true, but if they are I can imagine Vogue are scrambling to reshoot (especially as Anna Wintour released a statement saying that Vogue won't work with Testino and Bruce Weber for the forseeable future), and if it was supposed to be Gaga then let's hope they can find time in this next leg of the tour, because it will need to be done very quickly, within the next week I imagine.

It could be that it was never Gaga for the cover, or it is her but it wasn't shot by Testino anyway, which would be the best case. I can imagine any publications and brands who have upcoming campaigns and covers shot by Testino are in a very difficult situation right now. Scrap the material and reshoot at great expense or release it anyway and issue some kind of statement of regret?

This is prevalent in the modelling industry. You'll probably find more photographers and designers who do things like Testino (allegedly) did than ones who don't. It's an industry entirely about good looks. Of course some shady old guys are going to try it on with young, attractive models, that's probably why they hired them in the first place.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Wolf Boy
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

This is prevalent in the modelling industry. You'll probably find more photographers and designers who do things like Testino (allegedly) did than ones who don't. It's an industry entirely about good looks. Of course some shady old guys are going to try it on with young, attractive models, that's probably why they hired them in the first place.

Yeah, not excusing it, but if every sleazy photographer in the fashion industry got fired for acting sexually inappropriate no models would have portfolios. 

Archived