💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop fans have low standards

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I feel like for the most part, pop fans have low standards. The reason I say this is because I see that fans of other genres, like Hip Hop or Rock focus on the lyrics, the creativity, and in general just how interesting the music is. On the other hand, I see that pop fans are usually happy with generic music as long as the songs are "bops". Also, if pop fans see their favorite pop stars release generic or bad music, they provide tons of excuses like "It ok because it was just her debut album" or "at least the songs are catchy". Another example of what I am trying to say is that pop fans easily define music as experimental as long as the pop start they are listening to uses a sound that they hadn't used before (even if the music isn't actually experimental). I guess that this is why many people look down on pop music and why Gaga has been one of the few pop stars to actually be respected by many. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree that a lot of people on Stan twitter and some on this website only like songs if they are “bops”. Every genre has good and bad songs. You mentioned hip hop and the popular songs are all literally trash for the most part. 

3 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

While I agree that a lot of people on Stan twitter and some on this website only like songs if they are “bops”. Every genre has good and bad songs. You mentioned hip hop and the popular songs are all literally trash for the most part. 

I did not say that other genres don't have music. All genres have good and bad songs like you said. However, I see that pop fans are usually much more accepting of what many consider bad songs. This also extends to performances. 

PartySick

Well pop is essentially the commercial genre and what does the public like more than easily digestible stuff that you can dance to? :laughga: At least we know there are pop stars that take their craft seriously and make music with substance. Not just to sell, but to create is to be a musician :flutter:

🖤

Henri Bardot

Also, why do you think we're the "hated" genre? 

Because most of it is ****ing trash. :tea:

pooiota

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I did not say that other genres don't have music. All genres have good and bad songs like you said. However, I see that pop fans are usually much more accepting of what many consider bad songs. This also extends to performances. 

That’s true I can’t stand people who won’t listen to a song because it not upbeat or a “bop” and that leads to pop stars to make trash music 

1 minute ago, Chrastapher said:

That’s true I can’t stand people who won’t listen to a song because it not upbeat or a “bop” and that leads to pop stars to make trash music 

Yes. This is the reason why many pop fans dislike Joanne. Gaga provided music with though, vocals, emotion, and influences from many genres. But because they are not the typical "bops", many rejected the album or even called it bad. 

Poissonche

The thing is... that's the point of pop music: to be "boppy". To be easy, accessible, simple, catchy. Gaga goes to the next level; however, she was mostly influenced by rock artists, like Bowie and Queen, which may explain what pushed her to go beyond the basic rules of pop music. Pop music is made to be the soundtrack of most people's life. If you're satisfied with it, it's OK. The people who look down at pop music are usually the ones who are more interested in music, and discover other stuff, which can be higher quality. The thing with pop music is that, even though you know it's not the most developped genra, you'll still like it. For example, I'm pretty sure those heavy metal fans who constantly say everything else is shitty secretly sing along to Britney's greatest hits :lolga:

GagaMariaSpears

I disagree, especially with how pop has become. Pop has proven it can be respectable with acts like Sia, Lorde, Adele, etc

PrincessDiez

I agree w u BUT we still have great pop stars like sia,beyonce,gaga etc who make GREAT catchy and meaningfull songs so yeah

Cobyy

Sadly true, but then again you should ask 'What's wrong with liking fun Songs?'

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

misunderstood

I love all different kinds of music but I disagree with rap fans focusing on the lyrics. Most popular rap songs nowadays are about the same thing....people really only care about the beats and flows. If people cared about lyrics more in rap people like Lil Pump wouldn’t have any hits.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

29 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

That's the reason is called popular music

Hide contents

o<(0_0)>o

21 minutes ago, Noah said:

Sadly true, but then again you should ask 'What's wrong with liking fun Songs?'

Popular or fun doesn't have to be low quality.

Archived