💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Noticable Change in Vocal Style

Glamourpuss

Featured Posts

MEDONER

I think she chooses not to do that type of vocals on purpose because every now and then they make a comeback, so I don't think it has to do with her voice itself. I personally prefer her singing style during 2008/2009 (and that doesn't mean she's bad now or stuff, I usually enjoy every style she uses, from 2005 vocals to Joanne/jazz so yeah), she used this kind of hot "full" voice that I think it's unique and amazing.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss
17 minutes ago, HolyFool said:

I completely understand what you mean and yes I do enjoy her earlier vocals more. I do still love her voice now, but her earlier voice was more soft. I feel like after she worked with that weird lady doing naked yoga dances, her voice changed....but that's just my opinion lol. I guess maybe she's moved on from angelica Ga to Gaga...the elusive chanteuse 

Thankyou for this post and for not trashing me. I love her voice now but I just remember a time when it was softer and it's just beautiful. I feel like she doesn't sing this way any more and I miss it. It came across as more effortless before. 

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, MEDONER said:

I think she chooses not to do that type of vocals on purpose because every now and then they make a comeback, so I don't think it has to do her voice itself. I personally prefer her singing style during 2008/2009 (and that doesn't mean she's bad now or stuff, I usually enjoy every style she uses, from 2005 vocals to Joanne/jazz so yeah), she used this kind of hot "full" voice that I think it's unique and amazing.

Although this is a thread about her softer vocals I have to admit I also love this style too. She was so different back then. She had this try hard eager to please vibe about her. She's lost it now. Older fans will understand what it was like back then. She was everywhere. 

MEDONER
Just now, PussyGlam said:

Although this is a thread about her softer vocals I have to admit I also love this style too. She was so different back then. She had this try hard eager to please vibe about her. She's lost it now. Older fans will understand what it was like back then. She was everywhere. 

Yeah I perfectly understand what you mean :kara: The one I posted isn't the best example :cryga: something like Just Dance at Cherrytree House or her feat. on Big Girl Now are more suiting now that I think about it :)

Oh she can still do those vocals but I don’t think she wants to because she did for so long. She has a slightly different vocal style very era.

It’s also one of those things where she likes to put emotion into her voice which for her means putting a imperial **** ton of power behind it because it makes her distinctive as others can’t do that and, ya know, she likes it. TC and actually Joanne the song are evidence she can still have an airy “thin” quality to her voice, but remember that Joanne is about healing and pain. So I think with that her vocal interpretation was always going to be a bit more soulful. With ARTPOP she liked screaming. BTW she wanted to prove she had a voice, then TF and TFM had the soft coquettish sound you like (which I also like).

She has an incredibly diverse voice and she really does utilize all of its diversity. Remember that she’s an artist and just as much as a performance is about vocal technicality it is also about performance and interpretation of a song. She’s a master at that and that will mean dipping into different parts of her voice for better or worse for certain fans lol

justanothergay

I think she has the skill to sing pretty much however she'd like to, but usually goes for a much more personalized tone that is unmistakably her. The Captivated performance is nuanced and crystal clear, but it could pretty much be anyone singing it. These days, when you hear her voice, you know it's her because she's made it so unique because of the way she's molded it.

that boy that boy that boy that boy that boy That Boy THAT BOY is a MONSTER

a truly reverse talent expedition.

She has never sounded BETTER than she is now.

She was too nasal back then, and she strained a lot of her high notes because of bad technique.

From a technical perspective, this is years better than her early days.

artRaver

She has different voice techniques like every era yet still does little things from her past eras once in awhile so to make it seem like she changed completely is kind of... a weird thing to say IMO.

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Lextyr97

She sounds way better now than ever. Sound of Music and Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye prove that. Also, she sounds WAY better singing Bad Romance and Love game (for example) now than ever.

migamiga

I'd say her tone was lighter before but I blame the cigs and just aging. Even if you listen to old Bey performances, her tone was a lot lighter. Also since she sings so much, it just naturally changes due to wear and tear (even with good technique)

Jonathan Florencio

Didnt the producers changed her studio voice in The Fame so she could sound more "sweet" and she kinda hated that?

Her voice is epic now, bish I wish I could have that strength of hers

ps. Her coach is still the same from the veryyyyyyyy beginning, he teached Xtina as well

Michaelandro

Yes I think Don Lawrence is still her vocal coach. I don't know I'm not an expert but I've seen another popstar do a similar change from soft to more shouty once she started working with a coach, I guess it has to do with preserving your voice or something. But I think Gaga naturally developed that technique, she does sound good but sometimes it doesn't really appeal to me in certain performances and I sort of wish she's diversify it a little bit. I do think she's vocally at her best though.

AlexanderMagno

She changed because she thought people didn't care about her voice and wanted to showcase it. Clear as water.

In my opinion, she gave away her raw emotion in favour of vocal technique. She will never do a Paparazzi 2009 VMA performance again (where she wasn't exactly the greatest singer, but damn it she sang her heart out).

Archived