💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dua is the biggest and best debut since Gaga

GypsyVida

Featured Posts

She would be very lucky to be the next Jessie J or Rita Ora already.

But gaga? Let’s not go that far.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drinkmytears
21 hours ago, Alan123 said:

No, she isn't. Let me remind you that Dua Lipa debuted in 2017, the year where Streaming dominates music right now and so does social media. Back when Gaga debuted it were the MYSPACE days.

I know you guys are desperate for that "It Girl every 10 years" but Dua Lipa isn't really that big, at least here in North America. I like her and I think she's talented, but her album is not really that amazing. Give her time, we'll see what she does with her 2nd album.

Dua's first single was released in 2015

She's just another pretty girl with nothing fresh or original to give, just like Tove Lo. Next!

DrKindnessKunt1999

Keep in mind, when Gaga debuted she was a trend setter. I wish all the luck to Dua, but let's not compare anyone to Gaga until they have similar impact with Gaga lol. 

Dua doesn't need to be compared to Gaga, she's going to make her own path, just like Gaga did when she was being compared to Britney, Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Cher, Dale Bozzio, Cyndi Lauper, Bjork, Roisin Murphy, etc; back in 2008. 

IN OTHER WORDS: DUA IS HER OWN ARTIST. She's not the "new Lady Gaga".

Lextyr97

Dua hasn't come close. Cardi is the closest but I don't feel she has that cultural impact that Gaga had with music videos/outfits/music.

freebit

Don't take this as hate: her rise isn't as meteoric as Gaga (or other pop phenoms like Britney), and her persona doesn't bring anything controversial or interesting - she's cool and seems nice, but that's about it. 

ItsTommyBitch
5 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I kind of enjoy Dua Lipa, but come on right now she's a B-list pop star.

Bebe Rexha, Dua Lipa, Camila Cabello, SZA, pop forums have tried to make them the next It pop girls when clearly they have yet to make a real impact in the world. A big hit is not enough people. Camila has the biggest hit, but it was literally released a few months ago. It has been years since a debut has made a true impact... Probably Meghan Trainor, All About That Bass really was something.

Damn, we really live in an age of fast consumption. People claim a new It Girl every week.

EDIT: and yes, Cardi B is still virtually unknown outside the USA :smh: she's as local as Taylor Swift was in her debut. Stop trying to make her the big thing as well. The only worldwide girls have been Selena Gomez and Camila Cabello because of Havana (Selena had way more hits).

SZA isn't a pop girl first of all... She doesn't write pop hits or songs made for the radio and the music she does release isn't "pop" radio, she's R&B :emma: 

But she's got one of the most acclaimed albums of the year that is also selling very well commercially with little promo and it has the longevity of sales that most pop artists could only dream about. It's sold over 500,000 copies and this was her first studio album. Most people had no idea who she was.

She's actually one of the most to-watch artists right now from many publications and critics. She's also the most nominated female for the grammys this season overall. She's not on the same level as the rest of those people you mentioned by far, all of which will probably never see the success she's achieving in a single album cycle :shrug: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Dark Anatomy

Musically I really dig her. But she doesn't have very polarizing videos or performances. 

What made Gagas debut so monumental was she had the bops, videos, looks, performances, personality AND SALES. I've never seen it replicated tbh. 

Archived