💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Gaga Hit's Waiting to Happen

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

LGMonster95
9 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

MR became a hit only because of SB, if you are honest you'll be fine with it.

She tried a lot before SB with MR (performances, a lot of discounts + other types of promo) and it never really had any significant boost in charts, radios weren't really crazy about it and the video was flopping very very hard. 

Without SB, it's clear MR would have been another underperforming single by Lady Gaga

Now let's see what happens next era without other huge event like SB haltime show. And let's cross fingers ! 

Million Reasons was selling good before the SB without the radios or Spotify support, it didn't explode because the song was totally different from what was on trend on that time, people loved the song but it just wasn't the type that the radios will go crazy. If Gaga and her team really wanted big hits first of all they would not have released an album like Joanne and they would have gone for something more mainstream.

Also let's not act like Gaga wake up overnight with a hit song in her pocket, yes SB helped but if the song was **** for ex idon't think it had the same impact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drin Lon
14 minutes ago, JupiterDrive said:

No world wide hit tho and in USA it was also doing well for like a week 

Certifications beg to differ tho

WildAmerican

Next time she wants a hit, and her team wants a hit, they can have one. Everyone has to care, and that just hasn't been happening.

monketsharona
6 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Million Reasons was selling good before the SB without the radios or Spotify support, it didn't explode because the song was totally different from what was on trend on that time, people loved the song but it just wasn't the type that the radios will go crazy. If Gaga and her team really wanted big hits first of all they would not have released an album like Joanne and they would have gone for something more mainstream.

Not agree on this, when she released The Fame, the music she made was everything but what was smashing the charts and radios, but it did at the end...

If Gaga didn't want Joanne to be sucessful, it would have been a lot more stripped back, without any BloodPop arrangements

ShockPop
4 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Exactly. Gaga can have a huge hit if she needs one simply by jumping on a trend and giving it a Gaga twist. She could have released an album of The Cure and despacito if she wanted but chart success isn't the goal.

LGMonster95
Just now, monketsharona said:

Not agree with this, when she released The Fame, the music she made was everything but what was smashing the charts and radios, but it did at the end...

If Gaga didn't want Joanne to be sucessful, it would have been a lot more stripped back, without any BloodPop arrangements

Yeah ik it was different but with that album she had a lot of potential hit songs, when it comes to Joanne it really lacks that 

LGMonster95
1 minute ago, ShockPop said:

Exactly. Gaga can have a huge hit if she needs one simply by jumping on a trend and giving it a Gaga twist. She could have released an album of The Cure and despacito if she wanted but chart success isn't the goal.

Exactly but Gaga is more the type that she will rather do something different and tries to make that work 

Drin Lon
10 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

MR became a hit only because of SB, if you are honest you'll be fine with it.

She tried a lot before SB with MR (performances, a lot of discounts + other types of promo) and it never really had any significant boost in charts, radios weren't really crazy about it and the video was flopping very very hard. 

Without SB, it's clear MR would have been another underperforming single by Lady Gaga

Now let's see what happens next era without other huge event like SB haltime show. And let's cross fingers ! 

I mean, it's not like MR was a lead single....after the catastrophe that was PI, it's understandable why radio were hesitant towards anything with Gaga's name on it. Having a subpar video and spotify ignoring the song for its entire chart run didn't help either.

Kind reminder that MR went #1 on iTunes twice and didn't ever leave the top100 before the SB.

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

She doesn't have a big world hit since the single Born This Way in 2011. :(

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

Sorry, I forgot Judas, it was her last worldwide hit.

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

monketsharona
Just now, Drin Lon said:

I mean, it's not like MR was a lead single....after the catastrophe that was PI, it's understandable why radio were hesitant towards anything with Gaga's name on it. Having a subpar video and spotify ignoring the song for its entire chart run didn't help either.

Kind reminder that MR went #1 on iTunes twice and didn't ever leave the top100 before the SB.

True, like I said it was doing fine, but let's not pretend it was doing amazing before SB... My point was only that she won't have SB on her next campagn to give a boost to her era / career. 

SB has been a huge deal in her career, and we shouldn't deny this. Now let's see if it's cemented in time, we'll definitely see this on LG6 run 

Drin Lon
Just now, monketsharona said:

True, like I said it was doing fine, but let's not pretend it was doing amazing before SB... My point was only that she won't have SB on her next campagn to give a boost to her era / career. 

SB has been a huge deal in her career, and we shouldn't deny this. Now let's see if it's cemented in time, we'll definitely see this on LG6 run 

If she and her team decide to treat an album campaign like they used to, she'll most definitely get hits, and that's it on that.

Joanne only had one real single and that’s tragique

1 minute ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

She doesn't have a big world hit since the single Born This Way in 2011. :(

Applause?

5 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

It's sad that didn't use the promo from the Sb and Coachella to push more music. The Cure was only performed at the AMAs, and it's not like every song needs to be like studio version. Sitting on the piano shouldn't cause a huge flare-up.

Drin Lon
2 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

Applause?

It's sad that didn't use the promo from the Sb and Coachella to push more music. The Cure was only performed at the AMAs, and it's not like every song needs to be like studio version. Sitting on the piano shouldn't cause a huge flare-up.

PI being the lead and Gaga literally ignoring it, TC not getting any promo or video, it's just like...did they even care...

Phoebe Buffay
2 minutes ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

Sorry, I forgot Judas, it was her last worldwide hit.

The Edge of Glory exists...

FKYME.gif

Archived