💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bowie's pianist speaks out on Gaga

Slayer

Featured Posts

I read through the first page...did y'all forget or weren't around for the hype of this performance? It was advertised before Bowie even died as an Intel x Gaga vision of the future. At the last minute it got changed to a Bowie tribute.

God knows what the original plan was since she had no new music coming out anytime soon as we now know...but yeah. The over-the-top vibe of the performance was originally supposed to be for something else entirely.

You can still blame her, since at the end of the day it's her responsibility, but i'm sure there were intel contracts & stuff to follow through on. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeenIdle

It should've remained as either a performance powered by Intel or a Bowie tribute (but less theatrical imo). The combination felt forced and rushed.

LetsGetHigh

I agree. I liked the performance but the Intel stuff was just tacky and dumb and way too many songs.

MaybeKermit
1 minute ago, LetsGetHigh said:

I agree. I liked the performance but the Intel stuff was just tacky and dumb and way too many songs.

2 minutes ago, Princess Stache said:

I literally don't get why people don't like it.

because we all know that she was supposed to perform something else before Bowie passed away... It would've been a completely different performance. Then they chose to do the tribute and mix the two together, but it just didn't translate well at all... all the hyped 'innovations' were tacky/boring/invisible as phuck and she really looked like an impersonator (just like another user remarked a couple of posts before you). 

I still want to know what the original intel performance/song was :madge:

I understand his points tbh

They should have went ahead with the original performance as planned and then made room for a proper toned down tribute somewhere in the schedule.  

I honestly think if she hadn’t made plans with intel in the first place and she was only due to perform a tribute it would have been different.

ordinarynam1310

I agree with his criticism. The Bowie tribute was definitely one of her worst performance. It was rushed and had too many songs. 

She could've sang Space Oddity alone and made it great instead tbh, but like he said, every artists make mistakes. 

Lorde handled the tribute so well. 

AddMeOnMYSPACE

I liked it. The visuals were spectacular and I felt like gaga should of went in that direction instead. The costume felt to force, she should of just dress casual. But over all the performances was good and gaga did excellent. All these dusty rock Stans are too snobby and pretentious. Just like Bowie. 

2 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Am i the only one who loved it? It was FLAWLESS.

Nope. She got a lot of great reviews and a standing ovation.

666 others
13 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Am i the only one who loved it? It was FLAWLESS.

I loved it too. I disagree with the idea that a tribute in memoriam must be sombre and tearful and black and white.

:holyshit:

The Fame Monster

I think Gaga should have just performed Space Oddity. It was such an epic part of the whole performance. The way she sang it and the way her voice sounded was amazing! 

Find your freedom in the music

The Fame Monster
42 minutes ago, 666 others said:

I loved it too. I disagree with the idea that a tribute in memoriam must be sombre and tearful and black and white.

Exactly! It was a cheerful celebration of his whole career. There’s not a single memorial performance like that in the whole world! 

Find your freedom in the music

Sometimes even the greatest stars ,they need a bit of a good and constructive advice.

I believe, that  being surrounded by people that always praise your talent ,can do you wrong.

Mark Ronson did a great job ,because he tried and managed to give cohesiveness to Gaga´s "chaotic" artistic inspirational storms.

I know that Joanne it wasn´t a pop album that it was meant to have bops and radio friendly tunes, but it was a good lesson for Gaga to learn. 

She is not 20 years old anymore ,and she has a lot of brilliant things to do to feed her legacy.

I agree with Bowie´s pianist ,but i totally Disagree with the mean reaction of Bowie´s son.

misunderstood

I’m still so confused as to why so many people don’t like the performance, I feel like I’m the only one that liked it lol.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Archived