💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bowie's pianist speaks out on Gaga

Slayer

Featured Posts

Yo GagaGaga
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

"He had a gift for seeing it. He saw it in Lorde, she had a magic and a vibe. Another artist is St Vincent – she has a vibe."

GuqtfRU.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

I thought he was gonna bash her (like someone else did :dry:), but thank him for the constuctive criticism.

I agree. The performance went on the wrong direction and was charged with many elements. I imagine a full Space Oddity performance could have been a better option. 

NIghtmareElm

I totally agree that she went way overboard and too over the top.  MOST of the time, that's a great thing for a Gaga song...but as a tribute, it came off as really tacky.  I just wish she would go that over the top for a performance for one of her own songs.  

It was a good tribute idk why they hatin.

Atleast he was nice about it but Gaga gave her all. And Bowie as over the top AF I’m surprised his camp doesn’t appreciate it.

BYE

doppelganger

Am I the only one who thought Lorde’s performance was awful? She was so out of tune

As for Gaga, it’s a bit much. They definitely went overboard with the intel thing. Too many songs. 

Cssomeone
18 minutes ago, scallywally said:

What does intel mean? *sorry to sound stupid*

Intel is a technology company (mostly known for their CPU's and processors) which helped Gaga with her performance. 

CannaeDrive

Of course a UK media outlet would  nip at this 2 years later. That's wbat hapenned then as UK media majorly dissed Gaga's tribute while sucking at Lorde's. OTOH in North America media mainly reported positively on Gaga's tribute, and for good reason as it was fun, sincere and representative of Bowie; at least  Gaga' s vision of it. Lorde's was OK but I felt It was more about Lorde and a bit too "funeral", Gaga's was more like a festive New Orleans style black fu eral procession.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Edge Of Venus

The biggest problem I had with this performance was not the overcooked ideas, but it ending up looking like a late Elvis tribute rather than a Bowie one.

Fascination

What I liked about Lorde's performance is how the band played a melody of David Bowie's songs with the great visuals and then Lorde is singing Life On Mars. David also called her the future of music (and look at Melodrama, a Grammy nominated album, with such critical acclaim) As a Bowie fan - I prefer Lorde's show. It was more suitable for the situation. Lady Gaga's performance was great as well. But it was really, really energetic. And that after such little time when he passed away. My favorite part of the show was when she sang Heroes because many people tried to cover it and not a lot of people could pull it off like Lady Gaga. So even though Lady Gaga's performance was great, I accept the fact that people are critical. I can only hope that Gaga in the future will do a performance with other Bowie songs, Bowie has so many amazing songs and I think she could really make an amazing performance and tribute to her idol if she has the time for it.

I think it was a great performance, the only letdown of the night was Intel 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I think you guys forget that Lorde's performance wasn't just Lorde. The band she played with for that performance was Bowie's band, who hadn't performed in years. Seeing them come back together to celebrate their frontman was just really special.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

djBuffoon

A totally fair criticism. I don't agree with it, and frankly, I'm of the opinion that a big choice which doesn't quite work is far more interesting than something safe that goes off perfectly.

Archived