Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

CEO of Capitol about Katy: "We have a plan"

OBEY

Featured Posts

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/steve-barnett-capitol-interview-katy-perry-niall-horan-1202660297/

steve-barnett-katy-perry-capitol-records

Katy Perry’s “Witness,” though it sold more than 840,000 albums, according to BuzzAngle, seemed to struggle to find an audience. How did she finish out the year?
It’s an interesting story. I love her and have forged a great relationship with her. I talk about how engagement is so important and I don’t believe you can have big cycles between projects [as Katy did]. I think that’s changed. And so you sit down and have tough conversations with her and management. As successful as you’ve been, you learn. Personally I’ve learned more from our mistakes than our successes and I believe our artists are in the same category as that. But she has a plan, and we have a plan, and I feel good about it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phaye Monster

I do hope things turn around for her. Witness wasn’t a bad album and she gets a lot of unnecessary hate for it. 

Just please don’t let this ‘plan’ be more music videos with old memes

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Drin Lon

Her Loud era is coming

Did anyone doubt this tho, she's no Gaga, she needs mainstream pop music to have a career, and I ain't mad at that :firega:

5 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

Inb4:

26B1_1.jpg

I'm S C R E A M I N G because it's so true and I'm here for it

WitnessEye

Witness was a flop only because It's real pop album, and you all know what is popular today on the charts. Pop culture is dead, even Taylor Swift flopped with reputation. Imagine The Fame or Teenage Dream being released in 2017. Everyone would hate it, and thats the tea

IllusionLover
1 minute ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

Inb4:

peruca-riley-sense-8-lace-front-loira-on

Fixed :bon: 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

JusKeepBreathin

Y'all are are harsh.:sharon: But most of it is true. I still bop to Witness tho. :bon:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Grigio Guy

Witness is the only song I can listen to on a daily basis. Every other song is either dated or poorly written. :lolly:

Religion is a product to sell.

RAMROD

We will see, I guess.

As the owner of the label, he of course want to save face knowing that one of his major artist that brings revenue are not that popular anymore. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

YourWhiskyMouth

Okay so black hair and kitschy pre-teen pop with sexy innocent visuals & cleavage. Got it.

ARTPOPSLAYAGE

inb4 black wig and a teenage dream-ish video for "Act My Age" or maybe (hopefully) KP5! either way there's a 90% chance there's a black wig involved. I just hope her plan works, and her and gaga can rule the charts in 2018!

Archived