rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

I like their version very much. Still prefer the original, tbh :lana:

I loved the harmony in that version.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours

WE ARE DOWN TO OUR TOP 2!!:excited2:

Before I release the results, here's something really interesting that happened.

One song racked up a total of NINE 10's!

Was it enough to snatch the crown?... Nope :creepflop:

rumours
3 minutes ago, That J said:

I'm hoping The Chain takes it home!!!!

Well, you've got a 50/50 shot

badgirlmeat
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

One song racked up a total of NINE 10's!

it'll be The Chain :poot:

đŸ€ 

4 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

I like their version very much. Still prefer the original, tbh :lana:

Nobody can sing it like Stevie.  People throw around terms like icon and legend, but I call her a national treasure.

rumours
Just now, badgirlmeat said:

my two 11s are top 2 so i won't mind which one wins :sis:

You used some of your avi's Hocus Pocus magic to make this happen, didn't you?:selena:

1 minute ago, badgirlmeat said:

my two 11s are top 2 so i won't mind which one wins :sis:

Wow, you hit the jackpot!

rumours

Dreams

fm-sept-3-77.jpg

Score: 9.70

Highest Score: 11 @PunkTheFunk @badgirlmeat @Ronk

Lowest Score: 6 @Oriane

Comments:

@Edge of Fame: “Pure perfection. Queen Stevie giving us that witchy poetic imagery and some super dreamy vocals. Love the hypnotic backing vocals and production as well!”

@PunkTheFunk: “I would give this a 1000 if I could. One of my favorite songs by any artist, period”

@GypsyHeartGaga: “An absolutely beautiful song, often helps me with anxiety.”

@That J: “Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham brought an enormous amount of talent to Fleetwood Mac, a band already renowned in their own right. But leave it to Stevie to pen some of the most classic songs of the day. Dreams is one of those songs. A huge hit and a staple of both her solo and Mac shows, Dreams has proven itself an eternal masterpiece.”

@blackcoffee: “Quintessential Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks. John's bass work is so good and groovy. Mick's drumming perfectly moving for this track. Lindsey's guitar work is just ethereal working around Stevie's vocals, which are perfect for this song. Christine's vibes are perfectly timed in the song and make it even more magical. This album had a tumultuous creation, especially with the breaking up between Stevie and Lindsey. I love the back and forth that happens lyrically between their two perspectives. This perspective is similar but so different to the one Lindsey gave us in Second Hand News. Dreams is a sunny California jam that is lazy, hazy, and groovy. It's magical and like a dream.”

@Oriane: “Sweet and slow, it sounds good but it could be a bit more powerful.”

@fayecuntaway: “One of my favorites on this record. This song gives me a sweet feeling, a comforting feeling, I don't know, the melody makes me hopeful if that makes any sense, Stevie's vocals and lyrics sure have something to do with it”

@calmar: Interesting choice to come after SHN at least sonically.”

@that juju: “So many memories with this one, while it may not technically be the *best* song here, it typically lends itself to being tied for favorite tbh. Poetic brilliance.”

Special Live Performance:

AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SONG THAT WON THE MEGARATE...

The Chain

fleetwood-mac-rumors-10-things-you-didnt

Score: 9.82

Highest Score: 11 @blackcoffee @Oriane @fayecuntaway @that juju

Lowest Score: 7 @calmar

Comments:

@Edge of Fame: “The TENSION. LAWD. Tbh I’d die for this song. Talented. Brilliant. Incredible. Amazing. Show stopping. Spectacular. Never the same. Totally unique. Completely not ever been done before.”

@GypsyHeartGaga: “This is my favorite Fleetwood Mac song to bop to, it's so good.”

@That J: “This is tied with my 11 but I could only pick one so oh well.  No other song better defines Fleetwood Mac than The Chain! This is another song that had a resurgence when the Mac reunited after many years for a performance and ultimately a tour, The Dance.  This has to be heard live to fully appreciate each note. It's hard hitting solid declaration "Never break the chain!" ended up becoming a prophecy as the band still goes strong today.”

@blackcoffee: “This is my absolute favorite on the album. WOW! The Chain is just a beast of a song. It starts off with this haunting and dark sound unlike anything else on the album thus far. A kicking bass drum starts it off with this almost country-like guitar playing. I always get the picture of this dark, dusty highway in the middle of a desert with a storm kicking up in the distance. Then you can faintly here the almost psychedelic organ playing of McVie. It's cinematic and then the full harmony verses start. Holy ****! So good. The bass in the chorus is so perfectly punctuating with their layered vocal back and forths. You feel the frustration of this chain of love. Did I mention their perfect harmonies in the verses!? Damn. It's such an interesting song because it combines this hard rock sound with folk and country sounds and vocal deliveries and it's just perfect. Then comes John McVie's bass solo and the building tempo this amazing guitar work by Lindsey. It's a perfect build to the outro. It's dark, it's hard, and man...I cannot even put into words how good this song is.”

@Oriane: “I love it, it has a really good progression, the chorus explodes but not too much, it still has a quiet vibe. And the end is great.”

@fayecuntaway: “It makes me want to be an old rockstar with a rusty voice, drunk on whiskey, singing at the top of my lungs until my neck veins pop. Such a great song. Loves it.”

@calmar: “A slow song I like (funny, considering for Songbird I said I just don’t like them.) It has a good beat and a catchy chorus.”

@that juju: “My favorite, to this day. It's got that immediate visceral feel to it, it's timeless, it's flawless, it's everything and more.”

Special Live Performance:

Oriane

I just got here.

The Chain #1 please !

Also @calmar are there any songs you like in this album ? :air:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

rumours

@that juju @Edge of Fame @PunkTheFunk@BBhomemaker @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @raginchristians @Jeroen Bloeming @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea @calmar @Ronk @Rumours1977 @fayecuntaway @blackcoffee @Oriane @Kandy life @GypsyHeartGaga @badgirlmeat @That J @datlastfam

Well, there y'all go!

Hope I did an okay job and that this megarate was enjoyable.

Thanks to everyone who participated both in the megarate and the ceremony!:hug:

That J

YAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!  I'm very much pleased with this turn of events. The Chain really sums up the band so this is perfect.  

Awesome job as always @Rumours1977 and great time everyone! Xoxoxo

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

calmar
Just now, Oriane said:

I just got here.

The Chain #1 please !

Also @calmar are there any songs you like in this album ? :air:

YES THERE ARE I SWEAR

I think my scores tend to be lower than most people's just in general (songs I like get 7s, not really 10s, unless I really really love them), and I don't tend to give scores between 1 - 3 unless I hate a song. I gave my 11 to the song that got seventh place

So I'm not a hater I'm just different!!!!1 :crossed::crossed::crossed: 

:trollga:

P.S. Of course I gave the lowest score to the best-scoring song :icega:

äżșăźć‹ćˆ©ăŻæșるぎăȘい

Archived