💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What happened to strong melodies in pop music?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

WildAmerican
1 hour ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Then provide me with a better Gaga example bish :triggered:

Literally her strongest chorus and all together song 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g
1 hour ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Idk the 90s were huge on hip hop as well but their R&B stuff and even pop/rock had killer melodies. Some may say current pop is trying to be more atmospheric like the 80s but the 80s also still made up with some of history's catchiest melodies. 

Because Rock is melody influenced and it was popular in the 90s. Now Rock is dead and Hip Hop dominates.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

FfFfFfFF

Most of artists don't take artistic risks nd this translates into music getting simpler and simpler. Also trends change over time and this rhythmic mellow sound is the trend now because isn't hard to digest. 

Cuchulainn

I think part of the issue is there are only so many ‘different’ melodies you can come up with that sound good before they start to sound similar to something else. It’s incredibly hard to have a unique harmonic and melodic structure in the current pop music structure and be able to sell it to the masses and make it sound good.

I definitely agree that melodies in pop in the 90s were exceptionally strong. The Spice Girls are a prime example of that.

Bad Kids
2 hours ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Absolutely

yeees! I love them!

this one too!

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

Pop music is just the worst right now. This will be the forgotten generation of pop music. Can you really imagine any of us in ten years time listing examples of great songs from today's top 40? It's embarrassing just how bad it's become that we consider songs like Havana to be stand-outs.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

migamiga

we’ve entered an era where all of that is being seen as cheesy. but the tides will change again. trends always change and good songwriting will never go out of style

Archived