Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is My Song Good Enough to Be Recorded Professionally?

Hoss

Featured Posts

Hey everyone! So I recently got FL Studio 12 as a Christmas present and I've been messing around with it for the past couple of weeks. And as a result, this is what I have come up with:

Personally, without being biased, I think it is pretty damn good. I am very satisfied with the song's end result. The verses are very hard-hitting and danceable, and the chorus is very glossy and polished sounding with a little bit of grit to it which I like. I think I am off to a good start, and with more practice I will be able to create much better music. But also keep in mind that this is the first song I have EVER made. The mastering and mixing could have been better in some places and I am aware of that.

My favorite part of the song is the second verse, so if you don't feel like listening to the full six minute track (:lolga:) I understand. 2:00-3:07

I have always had a knack for singing and songwriting, and I have the song completely written and I began the recording process last night with a USB Yeti Microphone that I also got for Christmas. But, the quality of the vocals compared to the loud, good quality of the instrumental just does not match up whatsoever. The mic is too bad quality to be used to record vocals for a song like this. 

Now, let me make it clear that I have the vocals for this song. I can sing loud, strong, and with character. Depending on how this music producing thing goes, I would like to one day be able to record my own music and my own vocals. I have also written multiple well-written, catchy, and radio-friendly songs that all have potential to be hits but I have not made the instrumentals for this yet. 

I DO NOT mean to sound cocky. I know good music when I hear it and I know that my music has potential to be good. 

I am extremely open to criticism (constructive or not) and I would very much help it if you guys could give me your input! The opinions of you guys might decide if I decide to pursue a career in the music industry or not. 

I will post more music in the future on here when I make it. :)

The song is called Money and here are the lyrics:

Verse 1:

My assets are liquid much like the drink I'm sippin' on

I'm feeling myself in this club, 23k like Lebron, then I'm gone

Cloud 9 is where you'll find me til' the crack of dawn 

But don't ask me to come down because the top is where I belong

Pre-Chorus:

And you can write the check out to me 

My services will cost you but the benefits are free 

I don't like to play nicely 

Cause nice guys finish last and that's not where I'm meant to be 

Chorus:

I think I'm in love with getting that money

It takes me higher than any drug 

It overwhelms me with pure ecstasy

I can't help it I'm in love

With the Money

Verse 2:

Payday is my favorite day of the week

Cause I don't just splash out, I dive in, deep

I like my zeros in groups of three

Leave with me tonight and I'll bet that I can make you scream

Pre-Chorus 2:

This beat is so fat and I think I might break the bank

And this blunt has me too high, like my rank

I got some pennies and I'm wise but I ain't no damn clown

You can swim with the sharks like me

but you might drown

Chorus 

Bridge: 

Although my wealth is large, it can't withstand the charge of 

losing this fight against the ticking of time

One day I'll be a millionaire, and the seasons will change

We'll all be breathing different air, but I'll still be the same 

....But I'm not worried about that tonight

...Just watch me get this money

Chorus

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need a record label to make music. If you believe in what you're doing musically, you do it. I certainly do.

That being said, it's not my thing. :triggered:

I'm sure it's a lot of other people's thing, though. :kara:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

4 minutes ago, Sailor said:

You don't need a record label to make music. If you believe in what you're doing musically, you do it. I certainly do.

That being said, it's not my thing. :triggered:

I'm sure it's a lot of other people's thing, though. :kara:

I know I don’t need a label! I just mean should I invest the time in going to a studio to record it? Is it good enough for that is what i’m asking 

Edonis

This sounds like something from 2009 :diane: Take that as you will, but it feels very choppy at times and disconnected. But there's potential, so I would say keep working on it. :diane:

1 minute ago, Boyboi12 said:

You should let me help you write 

Do you not think it’s good? :( I kind of made it purposefully generic to sound more radio friendly 

try make a version with vocals on anyway and honestly just try, try and keep trying with recording and making instrumentals and writing 

concerning ‘Money’ I didn’t get the Lebron reference (am British :triggered:) but it reminded me of Timber and for me the subject of money is really odd.

I find people who make songs about it walk a fine line between sounding trashy and borderline parodic and pulling it off well with a humble brag attitude, I think it’s quite a difficult song topic tbh.  Maybe it’s because I’ve been listening to Bardi lots but that kind of bad bitch I’m gonna be rich sounds more in line with rap atm, so I basically read the lyrics more as a rap :poot:

edit: I think with that production it’s maybe a bit too fast?  I dunno, the way the lyrics are written would fit better with a slower tempo beat I think :kara:

heauxmatica

actsleazy
3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I kind of made it purposefully generic to sound more radio friendly 

not very music not the bling of you :classy:

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

This sounds like something from 2009 :diane: Take that as you will, but it feels very choppy at times and disconnected. But there's potential, so I would say keep working on it. :diane:

Thank you! I get what you mean about it sounding disconnected and I will work on that :) 

4 minutes ago, melon said:

try make a version with vocals on anyway and honestly just try, try and keep trying with recording and making instrumentals and writing 

concerning ‘Money’ I didn’t get the Lebron reference (am British :triggered:) but it reminded me of Timber and for me the subject of money is really odd.

I find people who make songs about it walk a fine line between sounding trashy and borderline parodic and pulling it off well with a humble brag attitude, I think it’s quite a difficult song topic tbh.  Maybe it’s because I’ve been listening to Bardi lots but that kind of bad bitch I’m gonna be rich sounds more in line with rap atm, so I basically read the lyrics more as a rap :poot:

I kind of meant the song to sound douchey in a way, like it’s a song that I made for it to be played at clubs and lyrics like that make people hyped, at least in my experiences with friends and college 

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I kind of meant the song to sound douchey in a way, like it’s a song that I made for it to be played at clubs and lyrics like that make people hyped, at least in my experiences with friends and college 

I think with that attitude though, the song’s production would have a HUGE sway on whether it sounded like a trashy one hit wonder - like #selfie was before they somehow made another hit :triggered:- or a catchy bop.

remember the flack Gags got for Applause as well, people don’t always love someone who appears a bit up themselves and I think as a society that trend in music is kind of on its way out.  

it sort of started in pop with #selfie and nowadays it’s just really rap music that is tapping into that sort of lifestyle of the rich and famous type of song.  like I said, I think it’s a hard song subject and one where you can sound easily parodic if it’s a pop-production.

heauxmatica

1 minute ago, melon said:

I think with that attitude though, the song’s production would have a HUGE sway on whether it sounded like a trashy one hit wonder - like #selfie was before they somehow made another hit - or a catchy bop.

remember the flack Gags got for Applause as well, people don’t always love someone who appears a bit up themselves and I think as a society that trend in music is kind of on its way out.  

it sort of started in pop with #selfie and nowadays it’s just really rap music that is tapping into that sort of lifestyle of the rich and famous type of song.  like I said, I think it’s a hard song subject and one where you can sound easily parodic if it’s a pop-production.

You have a good point! :giveup: should i tone down the pompass attitude a little bit in the lyrics 

Is this Money Honey on steroids? I personally would appreciate a more subtle melody line if it’s a Hip-Hop track. It’s kinda like rapping over a 2009 Gaga instrumental. If you want that more industrial sound, try something like Kanye’s Yeezus production. And it’s going to feel more modern if it was given a more Trap touch, trying adjusting the BPM and make different drum patterns

2 minutes ago, Easy said:

Is this Money Honey on steroids? I personally would appreciate a more subtle melody line if it’s a Hip-Hop track. It’s kinda like rapping over a 2009 Gaga instrumental. If you want that more industrial sound, try something like Kanye’s Yeezus production. And it’s going to feel more modern if it was given a more Trap touch, trying adjusting the BPM and make different drum patterns

The fact that it sounds like Money Honey is a huge compliment tbh cause I love that song, but no this actually is meant to be a pop track not a rap song. And thank you, I will try that! :) 

Archived