💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"We Need Women on the charts"

Quark

Featured Posts

Runway

Well girls are doing well atm. Its just that these girls are Camila, Halsey, Dua Lipa, Cardi B :rip: 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delusional Aura
14 hours ago, Sizzily said:

I mean, this is a mostly gay website and most gays really like female artists so its understandable that they would be so biased. But its annoying.

What has the gays done to you to drag us :triggered:. Remain on your straight lane bro :staymad: 

GoldenPonyboy

Im grostly generalizing here but, guys listen to rap and rock and will only listen to pop by a male artist, while females listen to male and female arrists equally. So it is hard for pop girls as they are working with a limited audience

Sizzily
7 minutes ago, Delusional Aura said:

What has the gays done to you to drag us :triggered:. Remain on your straight lane bro :staymad: 

:triggered:

Hunty, I am gay.:triggered:

I see the the lies of the Gay Guy. I do not fear the Straight Guy as you do.

Spoiler

That's a Star Wars reference I just really wanted to make there.

:staymad::staymad::sis::sis:

One Banned Boi

Bellatrix

I agree, at least a little bit.

The Kesha part I don't agree with. She does deserve the Grammy, not because for what she has been through, but because Rainbow is her best album and one of the best from 2017. 

8 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

1. I did, just wanted to stress the point. Especially because u only called it good in the op despite it getting "universal acclaim" from critics. 

2. Yeah whatever, we can pretend it's just an opinion that these basic male acts have anything on their female peers that actually try

1. I provided my opinion on her music not somebody else's. And I am not saying is wrong to want her to win because of her music, but wanting her to win  just because of what she went through.

2. Still subjective. 

Born To Slay
48 minutes ago, Quark said:

1. I provided my opinion on her music not somebody else's. And I am not saying is wrong to want her to win because of her music, but wanting her to win  just because of what she went through.

2. Still subjective. 

Well if it's subjective, then I guess we're entitled to our opinions that their should be more women on the charts. 

JupiterDrive

But the women in music are SO boring nowdays and males have never even started being interesting

Males have always reached broader audiences than females, guys listening to girl pop stars might get “oohhhh is he gay” but a girl listening to Maroon 5 or Drake will never get “ooohhhh she must be a lesbian” so it’s harder for women 

21 hours ago, Quark said:

o<(0_0)>o

Comments like "We need women on the charts" and "Kesha deserves a Grammy after what she went through" annoy me because they are misguided. I think that if women are not on the charts then that simply means that they are not delivering the hits that the public wants. I am all for diversity but we can't have diversity for diversity's sake. If males are dominating, it simply means that they are appealing to more people right now. In the case of the Kesha comment, I think someone like Gaga deserves the Grammys more simply because i think her music is better. Kesha's latest project is good but you can't say that she deserves to win simply because she had a rough past.

I think Kesha's album is better than Joanne.

7 minutes ago, AURA said:

I think Kesha's album is better than Joanne.

It's fine if you think that. All I am saying is that people should want her to win because of her music and not just because of what she went through.

StrawberryBlond

I think you're misunderstanding the situation somewhat. Our point is that there are lots of great female artists making great music out there but they're getting ignored. Usually it's because they're music is more experimental, they aren't getting promoted, they're over the age of 25 and/or they're not new artists. It seems like labels only want to put artists out there if they're new and young now, assuming that everyone else will already have a devoted fanbase, so they don't need to try. I'm sure the public could like some of these songs by women but the problem is, they can't like them if they're unaware that they exist in the first place. A big part of why Gaga's fallen from grace in the UK is because she doesn't promote here like she used to. Unless they're a new act who's getting a lot of promo all over, most of the public are made aware of new songs by seeing an artist perform them on a show, so if that's not happening, said artist isn't going to take off. And I'm not supporting diversity for diversity's sake, I just want to see good music on the charts. And I happen to think, for the most part, that women make the best music yet get a raw deal because men are easier to market and the public seem to "trust" male artists more.

Archived